• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see (on twitter) Kass told Kagari that this thread will just turn into a megathread. This'll probably get locked soon, lol.

By the way, uh...Need for Speed: MW looks good.

Yeah. You guys need to focus on dedicated threads for more dedicated stuff instead of making a broad "PSN Store" thread. Same shit happened with Rock Band thread and dozens of threads were locked when megathread died off.

As I've seen, Kassatsu takes care of PSN Store threads and make them every week.

Personal opinion, I suppose.

I see (on twitter) Kass told Kagari that this thread will just turn into a megathread. This'll probably get locked soon, lol.

By the way, uh...Need for Speed: MW looks good.

Yeah I saw that too. Wario and Kass complaining or w.e. GAF Notable Posters and Elite complain and shit happens. Well whatever GUESS WE'LL USE THE HARDWARE THREAD AND TALK ABOUT THE HARDWARE THAT WONT CHANGE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS HERP DERP

Carl

Yeah. You guys need to focus on dedicated threads for more dedicated stuff instead of making a broad "PSN Store" thread. Same shit happened with Rock Band thread and dozens of threads were locked when megathread died off.

As I've seen, Kassatsu takes care of PSN Store threads and make them every week.

We were actually told by the mods to make a Vita PSN store though. Vita game discussion will get buried in the PSN store threads. And are we supposed to keep talking about, say, Sunflowers in the same PSN thread? Or use a different thread every week? Makes no sense.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just take out Store from the thread title to make everyone happy.

This is the PSN thread.

All Vita games are on PSN.

Ergo, this is the games thread.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Still no Tomba?

edit, this week was only Burn the Rope. Jesus, this is 3DS levels of bad now

We were actually told by the mods to make a Vita PSN store though. Vita game discussion will get buried in the PSN store threads. And are we supposed to keep talking about, say, Sunflowers in the same PSN thread? Or use a different thread every week? Makes no sense.

So sunflowers is the new mutant blobs right?

Played the demo - it's great fun but seems over simple, does it add any extra mechanics?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

I understand that Kass may think we're stepping on his toes, but the discussion here is more akin to what we'd see in the Steam/XBLA/iOS threads than a weekly 'what's new' thread.

Carl

This is the PSN thread.

I know that ;) But they said we aren't allowed a thread for all games. Now that it's been brought to their attention that that is exactly what this thread is, it'll probably be locked.

So sunflowers is the new mutant blobs right?

Played the demo - it's great fun but seems over simple, does it add any extra mechanics?

Not at all. It was an example of a PSN game with no OT, which is why i used that game.

...By the way, what did people think of the Monkeyball demo?

This is the PSN thread.

If this is how shit is going to be, then yes, it needs to just be a generic 'Vita Games Thread' title of some sort. The PSN part is confounding.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If this is how shit is going to be, then yes, it needs to just be a generic 'Vita Games Thread' title of some sort. The PSN part is confounding.
The PSN part is the only thing that prevented the thread from being instantly locked. Now it's on the same 'digital store' level as the iOS and Steam threads. It's semantics but whatever.

I understand that Kass may think we're stepping on his toes, but the discussion here is more akin to what we'd see in the Steam/XBLA/iOS threads than a weekly 'what's new' thread.

Ahh! Gotcha! Yeah, that would definitely work as we have that for mobile games as well. Though it is infuriating cause a lot of great deals get buried in Mobile thread e.g. Carmageddon released yesterday and was free for one day and I was not aware of it. I'm sure a lot others weren't aware of it either. It's one of the reason why I hate megathreads since people don't create new thread for new news or deals as they don't think it warrants any new thread.

Oh well... slippery slope.

kassatsu

Banned
You aren't stepping on my toes. There will always be the PSN thread since it is mostly about PS3 content.

I think it is dumb to call this a PSN Store thread though. It is a Vita games thread.

You aren't stepping on my toes. There will always be the PSN thread since it is mostly about PS3 content.

I think it is dumb to call this a PSN Store thread though. It is a Vita games thread.

To be honest kass I think we all agree with you, we just don't want the thread locked again :/

Carl

Ahh! Gotcha! Yeah, that would definitely work as we have that for mobile games as well. Though it is infuriating cause a lot of great deals get buried in Mobile thread e.g. Carmageddon released yesterday and was free for one day and I was not aware of it. I'm sure a lot others weren't aware of it either. It's one of the reason why I hate megathreads since people don't create new thread for new news or deals as they don't think it warrants any new thread.

Oh well... slippery slope.

We very regularly created new threads when new news arose in the last Vita thread. I can't see why it would be any different now.

V_Ben

Banned

Exactly. And there is already a dedicated PSN announcement thread.

I went to lunch and now nothing makes sense..

Anyway I was asking before if anyone could suggest some quality psn downloads, or ways for me to burn through the $50 psn card I have..

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm looking forward to "When Vikings Attack" (and "Page Chronica", though that's not Vita) especially with the discovery Chronica has a 2P (local) mode. Thanks for that Interview, PSNStores!

Vikings looked kinda... meh to me, at first, but it seems to have really shaped up and refined itself since it's early footage. Crossplay + YOPO doesn't hurt, either!

Dokuro confirmed for 11/06 in Canada/Mesico by GungHo:

https://twitter.com/GungHo_America/status/258993575520526337

@#$%&!

So the rumored payback from the "Spend 100, get 20" is 11/8, right? Once again, that's not too bad, if it all works out. Spend the money you would have spent on Dokuro on something else this month... and get Dokuro for no more money out of pocket:)

I know the waiting game sucks... but I'm still fairly impressed with the speed GungHo_A is getting these things worked out. On whichever console, there's been so many "It's a mystery... for the next... 3 to 6 months!" kinda crap happening, that them getting things to work out in just a few weeks time is nice.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I would love for all devices to have a weekly/monthly thread. A lot of information gets buried in megathreads.

The Vita thread basically was a monthly thread.

I'm betting this thread gets locked. I think the only solution is a catch all PSN thread for both PS3 + PSN games - the same way how the iOS thead is a general thread to talk about iOS games and the like.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Like others mentioned, that was simply what the moderator consensus recommended.

Wait, so it's just for discussing game recommendations and stuff? I'm confused.
Yeah, same as the Steam thread. Honestly, none of it makes sense since the discussion in both was pretty much the same. Steam got more gift exchanges I guess.

Sony, add gifting to the PSN service! Can't believe neither console service offers that yet.

Skyzard

Banned
?? I knew it would happen (if it actually did =P...I don't see any news?). JSR release date confirmation ASAP SEGA! -.-

Just saw the new racing transformed pc presentation video as well...looked so fun :(

I know it doesn't mean much but it's interesting how the new 3DS thread has 6 posts and we already have like 30 in this thread alone...

zroid

Banned
I know it doesn't mean much but it's interesting how the new 3DS thread has 6 posts and we already have like 30 in this thread alone...

It's not really any different from the earlier megathreads :p

The Vita went through 4.5 megathreads, while the 3DS less than half way filled up one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom