• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

So wait, "Games and services"

How the shit is this different to the other thread?

Hint: The hardware thread will be down about 20 pages by tomorrow morning. Everyone will ask hardware questions here.

Zen

Banned
I'm picking up Monkey Ball (maybe) but definetly Asassins Creed Liberation, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (Free with PS3 version), and possibly Sonic And Sega All Stars Racing Transformed

Skyzard

Banned
Ah whoops; it appears it got delayed to December, not next year. Probably thought of another Vita game.

Oh I see 11th December? ... It isn't 12th of November? No offence to anyone looking forward to the 3DS version...but I really hope it isn't just a simple port or Spy Hunter situation, was really looking forward to it....at least I still have nsfmw looking good..

So wait, "Games and services"

How the shit is this different to the other thread?

Hint: The hardware thread will be down about 20 pages by tomorrow morning. Everyone will ask hardware questions here.

Lol, good point! Needed more of a transition period...like I don't know a week's notice to move out of the thread :p

Carl

Lol, good point! Needed more of a transition period...like I don't know a week's notice to move out of the thread :p

If someone wants to ask a question about Vita, they'll post in the first thread they see with "Vita" in the title.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What will DJ Max Technica Tune's digital price be?

Can you ever tell I'm grasping at straws trying to reach the 100$ promotion this month, switching games every other hour.

I'm confused about what and where we discuss topics? If we wanna get suggestions on a new Vita game or review a game what thread do we use?

Carl

I'm confused about what and where we discuss topics? If we wanna get suggestions on a new Vita game or review a game what thread do we use?

Basically this thread is exactly the same as the last one but with a different name, to my understanding. Apart from hardware stuff, which no one ever talked about anyway

I have no idea.

Skyzard

Banned
If someone wants to ask a question about Vita, they'll post in the first thread they see with "Vita" in the title.

Yeah definitely, especially for new users... we'll have to compile better ops and learn to redirect..would have helped with more notice to understand and sort things out/prepare them, but should be ok once we've sorted some answers for common questions but iffy ones like is an 8GB memory card enough etc will leave us all having to switch back to the other thread to answer it? :S Doubt it.. guess there isn't really all that many hardware questions except for accessories, and prices etc.. not too bad of a split really.

I guess I'm not that excited to experience a seizure.

You probably want to check the official Facebook to be sure. I'm having problems loading it to verify right now.

I know for a fact I've spent over $50 just playing the arcade version (despite the closest machine being a three hour drive away), so I know I'll easily get my money's worth out of this.

It seems to me like the major issue here is the lack of preperation, without any sort of notice the communities have fell apart and are confused.

Skyzard

Banned
I think a separate thread for in-depth reviews is a good idea anyway to be honest.. All linked up in the OP (for each game by different users) etc..

when someone asks about a game you can refer them to the reviews thread and can also just say something brief here I guess..Not too bad for checking out old games too. Sort of like a vita library collection and review thread..

Although....it might be better to refer them to an OP. Which we had a list of in the old general thread....but whatever, we can have that here too. I guess not everyone wants to go through a whole op and it's not like most of the posts will be as useful anyway. Probably best to start with the reviews then check out the op/youtube gameplay.

There is also that shortage of vita reviews... gives me an excuse to post more gifs as well.

Seems odd though, I mean the forum seemed more neater with single general threads, now there's Vita threads everywhere...which may be a good thing. :p

I just honestly don't know why the mods felt the need to shut the Vita thread down, i understand its a blanket rule for all of those sort of threads but i think Vitacats/Vitadawgs were pretty good with the 'new news,new thread' rule too so its not like info was going unnoticed by the uninformed!

I really feel that the Vita thread should be re-opened, i mean hell there have been at least 90,000 posts since February which i think is pretty damn amazing, especially for a system that is apparently dead and has no games!

Why must us poor Vita owners suffer more than we already have :(

I just honestly don't know why the mods felt the need to shut the Vita thread down, i understand its a blanket rule for all of those sort of threads but i think Vitacats/Vitadawgs were pretty good with the 'new news,new thread' rule too so its not like info was going unnoticed by the uninformed!

I really feel that the Vita thread should be re-opened, i mean hell there have been at least 90,000 posts since February which i think is pretty damn amazing, especially for a system that is apparently dead and has no games!

Why must us poor Vita owners suffer more than we already have :(

While I agree with you I guess it is also unfair to have separate rules for us compared to other mega threads.

Damn, haven't had anything that interested me in ages and now there are 3 games I really want coming out the same day. I might go for that spend over $100 get $20 deal, since luckily they're coming out on the 30th. They are Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Ragnarok Odyssey btw.

Carl

Yeah definitely, especially for new users... we'll have to compile better ops and learn to redirect..would have helped with more notice to understand and sort things out/prepare them, but should be ok once we've sorted some answers for common questions but iffy ones like is an 8GB memory card enough etc will leave us all having to switch back to the other thread to answer it? :S Doubt it.. guess there isn't really all that many hardware questions except for accessories, and prices etc.. not too bad of a split really.

That's exactly why the split makes no sense. This is now basically what the old thread was

darkwing

Damn, haven't had anything that interested me in ages and now there are 3 games I really want coming out the same day. I might go for that spend over $100 get $20 deal, since luckily they're coming out on the 30th. They are Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Ragnarok Odyssey btw.

you must have LBP!

zroid

Banned
Vita hardware sucks anyway so I'm glad I can come here and not have to put up with all those lousy posts extolling the hardware in a megathread.
;)

Did the ios thread get closed? If not, couldn't we just model a thread after that? Instead of potentially treading on kass's territory.

Not that we are actually treading on his territory, we are just not so subtly trying to recreate our favorite thread. I think that's what is going on atleast. I still don't quite understand the logic behind closing it.

winjet81

The old Vita thread, included everything but the kitchen sink, but was just fine the way it was.

I only had to go to one thread for any Vita-related information, and, on top of that, it was the only safe-haven from the anti Vita trolls that are allowed to stalk freely within all other mildly Vita-related threads on GAF.

Dumb, dumb dumb...

Did the ios thread get closed? If not, couldn't we just model a thread after that? Instead of potentially treading on kass's territory.

Not that we are actually treading on his territory, we are just not so subtly trying to recreate our favorite thread. I think that's what is going on atleast. I still don't quite understand the logic behind closing it.

The overwhelming amount of new news not having new threads must be the driving logic.

Carl

But we rarely/never actually talked about hardware in the last thread. If we just talk about games here then that's the same as the last thread, which was locked for being a megathread.

So confusing.

As far as I remember if anything came up news wise we always asked if it was thread worthy and if it was we made a thread.

The fact all the threads devolved into a crapfest is a different matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom