• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

crinale

New thread :D Thank you OP.
And as for KZ Merc now I'm envious Western audience get the treat :/

Well at least it is getting released for Eastern market as well so I should be happy IMO.

Lt.Chips

All those awesome screenshots/videos/info on KZ:M got me all hyped up for some FPS action on the Vita.

Would you recommend Resistance: Burning Skies? I need something to quench this FPS thirst of mine!

What about CoD: Declassified? I heard it's terrible but would love to get some advice.

Massa

Cruel but bitter truth.

Nah, just bitter, as has sadly become the norm for Takao.

The developer got a lot of exposure being on PSM, featured on the PS Blog, picked up on Twitter by Jeff Gerstmann, Shuhei Yoshida and other media people. He'll most likely profit on PSM alone, and then make more money when it gets ported to iOS and Android. Well deserved too, cause the game is good.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
All those awesome screenshots/videos/info on KZ:M got me all hyped up for some FPS action on the Vita.

Would you recommend Resistance: Burning Skies? I need something to quench this FPS thirst of mine!

What about CoD: Declassified? I heard it's terrible but would love to get some advice.

A lot of people are down on it but the online was actually quite fun after the last 2 patches it had. Got rid of the disconnect issues for me and my friend.

I still can't believe the price never dropped on it though.

Takao

Banned
The Walking Dead is getting a hardware bundle for VITA this month. Will be interesting to see its effects on the sales.

Nothing. It's a port of a game available on practically every other platform, and the year over year numbers will be abysmal as last year had a Madden bundle that SCEA actually advertised. Vita isn't even getting Madden this year.

Anyone got an idea of the digital vs retail library of VITA. I mean how many retail titles are available digitally on VITA?

Nothing. It's a port of a game available on practically every other platform, and the year over year numbers will be abysmal as last year had a Madden bundle that SCEA actually advertised. Vita isn't even getting Madden this year.
Even a tiny bump won't hurt, lol. Last month, we had a Epic Monkey 2 bundle, which might be the cause of the 30% increase in sales for June NPD figures.

Lt.Chips

A lot of people are down on it but the online was actually quite fun after the last 2 patches it had. Got rid of the disconnect issues for me and my friend.

I still can't believe the price never dropped on it though.

You're talking about Resistance, not CoD, right? Thanks for the input!

AndyLonn

I was on the fence about getting Dragons Crown on the Vita

Luckily Colin Moriarty managed to tip me over with the live stream and review yesterday (or today depending on what country you live in)

nampad

CoD: Declassified isn't as bad as most reviews want you to believe. It is more in the 5-6/10 range of scores, in other words mediocre at best.
The singleplayer is laughable short and can be finished in under an hour. Gameplay and presentation resemble a CoD, although the latter suffers from the lack of budget compared to the real thing. The short campaign was still enjoyable.

The multiplayer resembles CoD multiplayer rather well. If you are a fan of the series, you should be able to enjoy it.

jbug617

Banned
Has there been any news about One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 or Hatsune Miku for Vita. I know the last news was that both games got rated for Vita but have the companies say anything?

Azusa

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace will simultaneously release in Asia with a import friendly semi-localised version (English, Chinese and Korean subtitles but voiced in Japanese).

How its better then Ragnarok Odyssey? I read that it was meh and boring. Does this update fix gameplay?

Takao

Banned
Even a tiny bump won't hurt, lol. Last month, we had a Epic Monkey 2 bundle, which might be the cause of the 30% increase in sales for June NPD figures.

Except AFAIK there were no Epic Mickey 2 bundles in the NPD regions. That was Europe only. As for that sales boost was it 30% year over year or 30% month over month? I'd be shocked if it was year over year. June 2012 had Gravity Rush, MGS: HD Collection, and residual boosts from Resistance: Burning Skies at retail. June 2013 had the bad Jak HD Collection, Muramasa Rebirth, and residuals from Soul Sacrifice at retail.

Aytrial

I'm so addicted to God Eater right now. I remember when the game was first announced in Japan and thinking how stupid the concept was back then. Seriously, BFS that eat things? Trying a bit too hard there to pander to teenagers there.

One thing that I'm curious about though is how people that played MonHun and GE on the PSP could handle the camera. The game plays amazingly with the d-pad mapped to the right analog stick, though it is understandably a bit sensitive. I've heard about the "claw" technique, but I still can't believe that it would be comfortable for long periods of play.

Considering downloading the GE2 demo, but I can't be bothered to do another region switch so soon after finally being assed to move to an EU account. Hopefully it gets localised soon.

Seems like that upcoming Asian Vita release of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 with English subtitles was just a mistake from Play-Asia. The listing has been removed. :(

WORLDTree

I'm so addicted to God Eater right now. I remember when the game was first announced in Japan and thinking how stupid the concept was back then. Seriously, BFS that eat things? Trying a bit too hard there to pander to teenagers there.

One thing that I'm curious about though is how people that played MonHun and GE on the PSP could handle the camera. The game plays amazingly with the d-pad mapped to the right analog stick, though it is understandably a bit sensitive. I've heard about the "claw" technique, but I still can't believe that it would be comfortable for long periods of play.

Considering downloading the GE2 demo, but I can't be bothered to do another region switch so soon after finally being assed to move to an EU account. Hopefully it gets localised soon.

It's not, but people got used to it. Like if I nailed your foot to the ground while you raided or replaced the cartilage between your finger joints with metal shavings it would be very uncomfortable, but with no other option and assuming you don't stop playing you would eventually learn to adjust, that doesn't make it not uncomfortable, just that you've acclimated to the circumstances.

There was all that rediculus claw grip nonsence but i don't know i never played GE on PSP.

Skyzard

Banned
Viking game seems fun enough, takes up like 600mb though...

Really enjoying Pixel Monsters again after all these years. Awesome on Vita. Pretty tough game though imo.

Except AFAIK there were no Epic Mickey 2 bundles in the NPD regions. That was Europe only. As for that sales boost was it 30% year over year or 30% month over month? I'd be shocked if it was year over year. June 2012 had Gravity Rush, MGS: HD Collection, and residual boosts from Resistance: Burning Skies at retail. June 2013 had the bad Jak HD Collection, Muramasa Rebirth, and residuals from Soul Sacrifice at retail.

month on month increase, down yoy

Resistance
Pretty average single player campaign. I had fun with it but its very easy until the last boss which is suddenly stupidly hard. I think it was a 6-7 hour campaign and can be almost platinumed in 1 playthrough. Its online was very laggy and had a poor framerate. I would enjoy i for a game or 2 untill the frame rate started giving me a headache and I had to stop. Was a shame as it had potential to be a lot better online.

CoD
Offline content is very limited.
"Campaign" is really just 10 (i think?) spec op missions with no checkpoints. Each took 5-10 mins if I remember. It was kinda fun going through them but you can do it all in an hour. It also has a single player survival mode. I love co-op survival but that option isn't there so I found my self bored of that pretty quick.
Its online was actually surprisingly fun. The frame rate is mostly stable with a few drops on some maps. Had (and still has some) connection issues. Some laggy games. Considering its by the same guys that made resistance it shows what they could have done with resistance if they tried a bit harder.

Overall I would say resistance is worth a rent / borrow to go through the single player and CoD is OK for a quick blast of CoD multiplayer if thats your thing.

I played CoD's online for about 12 hours I think before I got bored. I later got Black ops 2 on my PC and again got bored after about 12 hours.

Both of these is just me being very bored of the CoD formula. I spend a rather insane amount of time on CoD4 and it rapidly got shorter and shorter with each iteration.

-----------------------

So im near the end of soul sacrifice now. 3 fights left. However I keep getting distracted with side pacts and I finally tried the online last night which was great fun. On the last sorcerer pact story, had to fight ghost chick who found Jasons technicoloured dream coat (wraith). She kicked my ass. Spends most her time invisible or under ground and the second she appears she dives you over and over. Its an 8 star difficulty so il just leave that one till later. Still less than lvl 50 I think.

wilflare

I must be one of those slow ones in Singapore-VitaGAF that hasn't gotten Dragon Crown!

Waiting for my 30USD PS3 Copy with artbook that won't come till mid-August :/... I may end up buying the digital Vita edition. Hope there's a PS+ Day One discount (Sony should really do this... Sheesh)

Top Bottom