• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

Paskil

I bought two of the Ys games on Steam when they were 60ish% off. I need to get around to playing them since they both look like fun. If I enjoy them, I'd probabyl also end up getting Ys on Vita. Never played one in the series previously, although I know there were releases on SNES, so I MIGHT have played one then and just don't remember (we used to rent at least a game a week and sometimes multiples during the Summer).

Check out the KZM beta thread and get hyped! It looks amazing. Buy P4G, Lumines, Hot Shots/Everyones Golf, and Dragons Crown (BUY ALL THE VITA GAMEZ).

ZeroAKA

on the non-indie side of games off the top of my head:

FFX/X-2
Ys Celceta
Tearaway
Dragons Crown
Killzone
Rayman Legends
Batman Blackgate

probably some other lower profile games as well.
That was a rhetorical question since he posted that there were only 3 weeks until 2014. :p

ThreeBeta

We should be getting news on this month's PS+ update/sales by the time next week's store update rolls around.

I really don't understand PS+ NA... I mean the PS+ EU subscribers got the August preview on 17.7 and we have to wait until the 5.8 to get ours...

I wish Dragon's Crown had a demo.

Several things:

(1) I just took a survey over at the ECA -- they asked my "preferred" platform for gaming. Everything from iOS to 3DS and between was on there... except Vita.

(2) I finished the Mitsuo dungeon last night and got conflicting reports on whether or not I could upgrade Rise's S.Link in pursuit of the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy -- I did, she's now at SL 4 and I have Full Analysis and Weakness scan. Did I eff up?

(3) How the hell was I #3 on the wall of shame after serving a week ban?

Noi

Several things:

(1) I just took a survey over at the ECA -- they asked my "preferred" platform for gaming. Everything from iOS to 3DS and between was on there... except Vita.

(2) I finished the Mitsuo dungeon last night and got conflicting reports on whether or not I could upgrade Rise's S.Link in pursuit of the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy -- I did, she's now at SL 4 and I have Full Analysis and Weakness scan. Did I eff up?

(3) How the hell was I #3 on the wall of shame after serving a week ban?

Keeping Rise's SL low helps in getting that trophy, but it's definitely not absolutely required. Rise vomits so many lines that I never bothered actually hunting them down until endgame and even then it was enough to get me the trophy. You just have to make sure to use different party arrangements, cause she'll say different things for every little circumstance. If X party member lands a Crit/Has a crit landed on, gets a status effect, enemy has a single visible weakness/resistance/none at all.

mauaus

Killxone beta is basically unplayable for me, I can't finish a match without it crashing mid match:mad:
I know I know its a beta but the forums for the game ardent working

Shinriji

Keeping Rise's SL low helps in getting that trophy, but it's definitely not absolutely required. Rise vomits so many lines that I never bothered actually hunting them down until endgame and even then it was enough to get me the trophy. You just have to make sure to use different party arrangements, cause she'll say different things for every little circumstance. If X party member lands a Crit/Has a crit landed on, gets a status effect, enemy has a single visible weakness/resistance/none at all.

Fuck Risette. I'm after this trophy as well.

I'm only missing 1 party member at this point, I believe -- I took the lower two through the first dungeon after I got her while the SLink was low, but I don't think the <Member> killed 3 enemies! type stuff is affected by SL -- I think it's just the preemptive/ambush/strong/weak/etc. lines, I hope?
So now I can level her SLink up as much as I like and not really worry about it?

Noi

I'm only missing 1 party member at this point, I believe -- I took the lower two through the first dungeon after I got her while the SLink was low, but I don't think the <Member> killed 3 enemies! type stuff is affected by SL -- I think it's just the preemptive/ambush/strong/weak/etc. lines, I hope?
So now I can level her SLink up as much as I like and not really worry about it?

Yeah, but the point to keeping the SL low is because having Rise pre-emptively analyze stuff makes lines like her not knowing what the weakness is vanish entirely, so there's less lines to have pop up.

I would do that. I didn't level her up till past midgame, but once I found out what her S.Link upgrades were I went full force on her. Still, I got it about 3/4 through my first playthrough, not even trying. I would go into earlier dungeons sometimes for an hour or so get items, restock on hp/mp when I didn't feel like using items, and also the
scooter events, though I never did those for anyone once I found out what they do..
. I keep thinking of new ideas. Also, story events that can include her as well.

Aytrial

I leveled up Rise's S.Link immediately since I wanted to tap dat get all the benefits. Shot myself in the foot with regards to the Trophy, but I didn't focus on them as I was having too much fun to let them ruin the experience.

All this Persona talk is making me want to boot it up for a second playthrough. Once I get this final Gold Trophy in Project Diva (for my first Platinum, woo!), I'll probably get to it.

Guess I got lucky with the Risette trophy then....

I feel the same way though about picking it back up. I wouldn't mind platinuming it, I know I don't have much to go. Hmmmmm...

Holmes

With regards to leveling up Rise's social link, I did right away and missed quite a few lines, and it still popped at the boss for the before last dungeon. It was actually a line from when Kanji knocked down all enemies, which is funny because I used Kanji all the time and that line only popped up at the end of the game. So random.

AmanoBuff

Found this on the DC OT. It was already kind of awesome, but then I saw the squirrel at the top.

jHxhw2nBPdy4S.jpg

Official Vita thread mascot confirmed.

Remk

Thanks! Which day is it, monday?

Also, do they reveal the sales that will take place for every week of the month?

Store updates on Tuesdays, the PS+ game releases are published the first monday of every month.

Weekly PS+ sales are usually published the day the store updates but there are other discounts/sales that do not, just go the weekly deals section on the Vita store for them.

Welcome to the PS+ lounge its cozy in here :)

Shinriji

Just got this trophy just playing normally with characters that I never used in the main game. Rise was SL MAX. 64 hours. The last one Rise skit was just trying to escape from a boss, lol.

Actually this trophy was easier than I thought. Sorry Rise.

Dragon

Banned
I played through two matches fine last night.

Well if you call 6-7 and 3-14 fine then yeah. Probably shouldn't say anything, but yeah the spawns SUCK in that game, my one complaint.

I've seen Dragon's Crown enough on twitch to know I'll like it. I just hope the combo system is decent.

Either way, I'm ready.

Not sure I'll get Killzone though. Very nice and all, but seems exactly like the PS3 game. Great game and all, but been there, done that.

Top Bottom