• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

Not sure I'll get Killzone though. Very nice and all, but seems exactly like the PS3 game. Great game and all, but been there, done that.

I feel the same way. Its a great game but I don't play multiplayer very much.

I'll probably wait for PS+ or a sale. Thinks like tearaway and the indie stuff is much more exciting to me.

Cha

Just watched a few Killzone Mercenary beta videos. Everything looks so pretty. Even the screenshots posted here look incredible. Does anyone know if the game is sporting any AA as well? Cos screenshots look quite smooth.

antibolo

Banned
Sweet Fuse is getting a retail (ie. UMD) release which is mind-blowing. This may be the very last UMD release in North America ever. I'm totally going to buy it.

antibolo

Banned
Found this on the DC OT. It was already kind of awesome, but then I saw the squirrel at the top.

jHxhw2nBPdy4S.jpg

Official Vita thread mascot confirmed.

Also, false advertising about Cross-Play confirmed.

But in all seriousness this is pretty sweet. We need more art of video game characters playing their own games. Especially when it involves ridiculous anachronism.

Sweet Fuse is getting a retail (ie. UMD) release which is mind-blowing. This may be the very last UMD release in North America ever. I'm totally going to buy it.
So what is sweet fuse all about? Looks like a visual novel but I could be wrong. Should I be excited?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
YS 7

no contest really

7 is good, but if you want a more classic Ys go with Oath in Felghana. Its a shame that the port of Ark of Napishim is so bad, it really fun also. It would be nice to get Origins, but I doubt that will happen.

Oath in Felghana.
Theyre all great though and you cant go wrong with any of them. The only potential problem I see is how old Ys1+2 are. Combat takes some getting used to.

i never played a Ys game, but i want a game with really good action combat where i can grind and stuff while watchig TV

what say you vitabros?

Moobabe

Haha I see. Will be skipping it then. I'll have plenty to play anyways with dragons crown, killzone and indies.

PJMonsters is taking all of my time as it is anyways.

Good man - did a couple of PJM levels last night. I'm still awesome.

So what's in the pipeline for Europe? We don't get no Dragon's Crown til October I think - all I wanted was Spelunky and Terraria but NOOOOOO.

Anyway - sold a Vita today with FIFA and that Lego Chima game. Good luck to the kid, he's one of us now!

i never played a Ys game, but i want a game with really good action combat where i can grind and stuff while watchig TV

what say you vitabros?

the combat is way better in 7. multiple heroes to switch between. there's a friggin dash for god's sake

it's a no-contest, like i stated previously.

if you play oath of felghana, it's actually better on the PC cause they have that HD remix type thing going on

Good man - did a couple of PJM levels last night. I'm still awesome.

So what's in the pipeline for Europe? We don't get no Dragon's Crown til October I think - all I wanted was Spelunky and Terraria but NOOOOOO.

Anyway - sold a Vita today with FIFA and that Lego Chima game. Good luck to the kid, he's one of us now!

did you recommend what games to buy? or mem card?

nampad

Waiting all day for GG to post more beta codes, such teases :(
Could have easily snagged an US key yesterday, but I am in the EU...

Moobabe

welp! there goes the neighborhood. I hope you educated that employee.

I beat his ass down. My store is pretty pro MS (which is fine) but there's also a significant level of ignorance towards Playstation products. My colleagues, to a man, know little to nothing about Vita, PS+ or anything that's happening inside the industry at the moment. They assume the 360 has outsold the PS3 worldwide by about 2:1 for example.

When I brought up the Wii U sales today I was met with "well I bet the Vita sold like shit too" - as if it's some sort of competition - and I'm almost sure the Vita would have outsold the Wii U over the same period.

Retail. Gaming. Srs bsns.

Sol1dus

Got a Tumblr up, should facilitate getting up the Youtube channel's name out when I do it tonight.

Anyone's PSN down?

Speaking of Tumblr, can we get them working on a Tumblr app? It runs like total arse on the Vita's browser.

Also, Ten by Eight is awesome. I bought it based on the trailer.

Salaadin

what say you vitabros?

Really depends on what exactly youre looking for.

Oath in Felghana has really fun, fast paced, nearly non stop combat,. All of your items (health, speed, etc) drop on the field so its just a constant stream of fighting. You will rarely pause the game unless you 1) have to change equips or 2) have to pee.
Theres also a jump button and some decent platforming elements throughout.
Theres not much of a grind either. Most of the time, youre going to be able to beat bosses at your current level. If gaining a level or two is necessary, the combat is fast enough and the enemies are plentiful so youre going to get those levels pretty quickly.
It takes maybe 6-7 hours to beat the game if you spend some time exploring and upgrading your magic.

Ys 7 is also fast paced but it does feel a tad slower than OiF to me. It tries to incorporate more of a story, which isnt a bad thing but that also slows the game down some. Also, you carry limited amounts of healing items with you too. To heal, you have to pause. It breaks the game up some but thats SUCH a minor complaint.
They ditch the jumping and platforming in favor of dash dodge. You just bolt around the world like a crazy person. Its a lot of fun.
Combat also has some tweaks. You have a party of characters with you, each one with their own strengths/weaknesses/elements so youll be mixing things up there. Characters never get in your way, never die on their own and the whole thing just works surprisingly well.
Like OiF, theres not much of a grind here either.
Lastly, it took me 17 hours to beat Ys 7. Its a much longer game with many more areas to see.

Both games are fantastic, though. If you have the money to spare, Id pick up both.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Only if Gaijinworks/MonkeyPaw either gives up on or is locked out of releasing Class of Heroes 3 physical.

jon bones

the combat is way better in 7. multiple heroes to switch between. there's a friggin dash for god's sake

it's a no-contest, like i stated previously.

if you play oath of felghana, it's actually better on the PC cause they have that HD remix type thing going on

Really depends on what exactly youre looking for.

Oath in Felghana has really fun, fast paced, nearly non stop combat,. All of your items (health, speed, etc) drop on the field so its just a constant stream of fighting. You will rarely pause the game unless you 1) have to change equips or 2) have to pee.
Theres also a jump button and some decent platforming elements throughout.
Theres not much of a grind either. Most of the time, youre going to be able to beat bosses at your current level. If gaining a level or two is necessary, the combat is fast enough and the enemies are plentiful so youre going to get those levels pretty quickly.
It takes maybe 6-7 hours to beat the game if you spend some time exploring and upgrading your magic.

Ys 7 is also fast paced but it does feel a tad slower than OiF to me. It tries to incorporate more of a story, which isnt a bad thing but that also slows the game down some. Also, you carry limited amounts of healing items with you too. To heal, you have to pause. It breaks the game up some but thats SUCH a minor complaint.
They ditch the jumping and platforming in favor of dash dodge. You just bolt around the world like a crazy person. Its a lot of fun.
Combat also has some tweaks. You have a party of characters with you, each one with their own strengths/weaknesses/elements so youll be mixing things up there. Characters never get in your way, never die on their own and the whole thing just works surprisingly well.
Like OiF, theres not much of a grind here either.
Lastly, it took me 17 hours to beat Ys 7. Its a much longer game with many more areas to see.

Both games are fantastic, though. If you have the money to spare, Id pick up both.

thanks! gonna cop 7 after i beat Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

ThisOne

Any word on when that Vita skateboarding game will be released? I forget the name...it's the score attack type game that's procedurallyl generated. Looked like fun when I saw a video of it a few months back but haven't heard much since.

Rayman Legends pre-order is up on EU PSN but where the hell is the pre-order on US PSN?

US doesn't do Vita preorders. Another great move by SCEA.

Thats probably steam

It is.

what's the best psp ys game?

I was given the Ys I & II psp game for secret santa, I think -- I got a little ways in Ys I, but was haven't trouble getting into it -- I plan to go back someday, I hope, when I have more space on my card.

Any word on when that Vita skateboarding game will be released? I forget the name...it's the score attack type game that's procedurallyl generated. Looked like fun when I saw a video of it a few months back but haven't heard much since.

olli olli is the game by Roll7.

not sure of their games status. it was in a nice playable form at E3 though.

edit: just emailed them

DigitalOp

Banned
Do you mind me asking what other Vita games will be released before the year is over? And how much does FFX/X-2 HD cost on the Vita?

Sure. FFX/X-2 HD is 40 a pop. No crossbuy. Games sold seperately

Vita also got a port of GoW3!!! It was a awesome surprise at Gamescom, Never saw it coming. Tearaway got delayed again to 2014. Killzone was cancelled due to heavy beta issues, Sad to say.

There is good news though! Remote play on Vita/PS4 works absolutely perfect :/

;) lol

jon bones

Cool. Make sure you post when you start playing. I always enjoy reading Ys impressions for some reason.

SOTN is a great game too.

iiite i'll make a lttp thread when i get around to it.

sotn is amazing.

Vita also got a port of GoW3!!! It was a awesome surprise at Gamescom, Never saw it coming. Tearaway got delayed again to 2014. Killzone was cancelled due to heavy beta issues, Sad to say.

;) lol

i'd trade killzone "beautiful and boring" merc and a year tearawho? delay for 100% perfect remote play.

AmanoBuff

;) lol

Do you have a source for this or are you just guessing?

So far the Vita pricing for FFX and FFX-2 has not been officially revealed. We also don't know from SE if there will or will not be Crossbuy (although it is not hard to guess there won't be). What we DO know is that the games will support cross-save, which is nice.

jon bones

Do you have a source for this or are you just guessing?

So far the Vita pricing for FFX and FFX-2 has not been officially revealed. We also don't know from SE if there will or will not be Crossbuy (although it is not hard to guess there won't be). What we DO know is that the games will support cross-save, which is nice.

everything he said is a joke

Hitbox team ( Dustforce developers) got back to me:

Terence Lee <----@------.com>
3:19 PM (3 minutes ago)

Hi Tyler!
Thanks for writing. Yes, the Vita would be a pretty good fit for Dustforce, wouldn't it? We are considering it... you may see it sometime soon!

- Terence

i think this bodes well - yay!

ZeroAKA

I've made it my goal to finish Muramasa's story modes before Dragon's Crown is released on Tuesday. Kisuke's story seems a lot easier than Momohime's so far, although it also seems to involve more backtracking.

Top Bottom