• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some (all?) Of those forgotten pacts are so insanely hard. I have only tried them with 4 players but we got destroyed so bad. Lol

Post name of server I may jump on in a bit. Or name it GAF so we can all find it :)

Suirrad

I just want to say that Sonic Allstars is such a great game. I got it for plus of course but only tryed it out today. It's pretty fun so far and I can see myself putting alot of time into this one.

Tapejara

Am I having way more fun with Angry Birds Star Wars than I should? Probably. Don't know why the devs thought it was good to throw in rear touch controls though. Always mess up because my finger slips and hits the back of the Vita.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You need zero experience for Killzone.. just sayin'

How many hours would I have to invest into Soul Sacrifice to be able to participate with you guys anyway?
Honestly not many people care. There are servers that say serious players only and some high levels in there but most I find are welcome to anyone even 1/1 characters.

Flandy

As long as it takes you to beat the first 6 missions and unlock online? (about half an hour or so I guess)
We're pretty low leveled characters atm anyway

lol. I always figured when you guys asked to play you were all post game or something. You guys using party chat?

jengo

Vita - screen protector or no? I usually don't use them, but I'm not sure how scratch prone the screen is compared to a phone.

I've had mine without a screen protector since April 2012, no scratches on the screen. I always put one on my phone though!

Elvick

Banned
porderlands 2 release date march 18th?

scea trying their hand at a vita bomba day with ffx and this???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879218102
They already confirmed it's a bomba when they made the deal for Borderlands 2 for PS+.

I don't know wtf they were doing with that. "Hey, people who were waiting... have some free Borderlands 2 so you won't care when it's on Vita!" short of having all the content included (and at 4GB restriction.. yeah right... plus, I think the bundled console version doesn't even have all DLC.)

SCEA just don't give a shit. It honestly feels like they're ACTIVELY trying to make the Vita (and it's games) fail.

Elvick

Banned
As much I really want a portable Borderlands game, Sony's other Vita ports make me worried about how BL2 will turn out. Going to wait for impressions/reviews.
Sly 4 is fine. Flower is fine. Haven't tried flOw's port... PS All Stars is fine...

Granted, Sly 4 and PS All Stars were developed along with the console versions.

People always forget good ports. It all depends on who they teamed up with to make it. The R&C port was clearly an after thought, from a company that we've never heard of before... who I read a few times was made up of like 3 people. :\

And Jak isn't as horrible as people act like it is. From how people treat it, you'd think it runs 1FPS, with input delay of 40 minutes and graphics that look worse than FFVII polygons.

I'm more worried about content.

-Digits-

BL2 will either have a massive mandatory day 1 patch that will make Killzone's look small in comparison or it'll be missing all of the dlc. Maybe both.

But who knows, maybe it'll be serviceable.

Elvick

Banned
BL2 will either have a massive mandatory day 1 patch that will make Killzone's look snall in comparison or it'll be missing all of the dlc. Maybe both.

But who knows, maybe it'll be serviceable.
Or maybe Sony will stop being stupid and make 8GB game cards! :D

Right? D:

)':

If they won't do it for Japanese developers, there's no way they're going to do it for the west. Stupid Sony

Right? D:

)':

If they won't do it for Japanese developers, there's no way they're going to do it for the west. Stupid Sony

And games will then retail for $79.99, just like Final Fantasy III on the SNES.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Right? D:

)':

Not enough games require it for Sony to retool an entire production line to make said carts. Maybe they will eventually do it when vita retail titles actually sell in decent quantities worldwide rather than just in japan.

baekshi

Banned
Not enough games require it for Sony to retool an entire production line to make said carts. Maybe they will eventually do it when vita retail titles actually sell in decent quantities worldwide rather than just in japan.

This doesn't make any sense, I mean.... they are already some. Killzone, FFX, and SRWZ now. There's probably more that require you to probably patch things up on launch day, or PSN only.

3DS has cards from 128MB to 8GB.

incpdo

I dont know if anyone posted this before but what do you thing guys about the new Deception IV gameplay? there is 3 new trailers related to that.
Personally i like them, it is really similiar to kagero 2 and deception 3 , my two favorites till now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dx9DNPTkerU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=agH0B7LzQjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8YvoO7-dTYs

Also interesting is the recent post of Siliconera http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/30/dragons-crown-tops-playstation-store-charts-japan/ and im not referring to the Dragons Crown Vita being number 1 in the downloable games. But on the games archives list, 9 out of 10 games are square enix´s. The first game being Final Fantasy IX. This i guess is regarding the expectation of FFXHD , Im thinking right now this one will be a big hit on Vita-PS3.Also another thing to analize is that from the overall top 10 most downloaded games including PS Vita , Ps3 and PSP, there is 2 PSP games(one being on number 3 of the most downloaded games of PSN Japan). showing PSP in japan is pretty alive yet.
IF they can replicate this numbers on the west , Vita and PSP will continue delivering great titles and there will be more support from third parties .

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finally managed to do this today! Played loads of co-op with friends and they wanted to play more of the temple so I just worked on it and concentrated and got a bit lucky! Managed to get it and save just before the battery ran out too. Temple is hard but damn it feels good to get the shortcut. Will go back to making some progress in it soon hopefully...but some more P4G first.

-bit lame you can't unlock shortcuts in co-op though...tiny bit.

Ice Caves are not that hard though, so it's ok to begin there too, but will have to do this sooner or later. Good practice for the dailies I guess :p Some of the enemies in the temple are just ridiculous :D

Played a bit of Hotline Miami too, having played the steam version to death. I must say I miss the lock-on by pushing the right analogue stick, as going by touch screen feels way too slow. But it can probably be customised?

Takao

Banned
Vita family. any idea how should I play the RC games? I have RC HD Collection and Into the Nexus. what else do I need to get?

You should play them in chronological order. The mechanics in each successive game gets better, making the older ones feel a bit outdated.

wilflare

You should play them in chronological order. The mechanics in each successive game gets better, making the older ones feel a bit outdated.

hmm not in touch with the order at all..

hmm
so the HD Collection?
then the PS3 games (can someone refresh me here?)
Into the Nexus?

Tapejara

hmm
so the HD Collection?
Into the Nexus?

The PS3 games in order are:

Tools of Destruction
Quest for Booty (download only, also comes with Into the Nexus)
A Crack In Time
All 4 One
Full Frontal Assault
Into the Nexus

Edit: A4O and FFA aren't traditional Ratchet games and I haven't played anything past ACiT so I'm not sure if there's any story continuity.

ThreeBeta

hmm
so the HD Collection?
Into the Nexus?

First Series (HD Collection)
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Future series
Tools of Destruction
Quest for Booty
A Crack in Time
Into the Nexus

I have one for my 3DS XL, the colour pictured there. It's really quality, definitely worth the price.

Good to know! Thanks!

Yes, it's pretty awesome. That's the colour I chose too. You can carry 3 more memory cards in the holder in the back. 5 retail slots in the front too iirc. If you grab one of those small carrying cases for cards and memory cards you'll likely be able to put more in the back. It's got decent padding, looks and feels like good quality...The back is a little soft, so I wouldn't keep good quality earbuds in there tbh. More for like a wipe or that small cart carrying case imo, Vita is safe though.

Good to know! Thanks!

I got the official Sony travel pouch during those BF sales and it works great for me.

Where can I find these BoyFriend sales?

Tizoc

Remind me what retail vita games are releasing in January and Feb?
I am gonna pre-order Toukiden and Dangan Ronpa from Amazon.com instead since they both release in the same time frame.

Other than that happy new year VitaGAF~

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This doesn't make any sense, I mean.... they are already some. Killzone, FFX, and SRWZ now. There's probably more that require you to probably patch things up on launch day, or PSN only.

3DS has cards from 128MB to 8GB.

As I said, that is only a few titles and vita titles does not sell well at retail outside of japan. It is expensive and does not make sense for Sony to retool a production line to make 8gb carts. Nintendo has the benefit of volume. Their games and system sell worldwide, not just in japan.

Elvick

Banned
Enough games (ie; more than one) are having issues being on Vita, because of the lack of a larger card available.

They shouldn't have launched with only 4GB game cards anyway. I don't know wtf they were thinking when they're trying to offer up console type games.

And with your logic, "Not enough systems out there for Sony to make games." among other arguments to use against Vita (like continuing to produce them in general, especially for the west). So that's not good enough.

There's a problem because Sony's short sightedness, and developers are still supporting Vita in Japan. And it's become a problem, so Sony should fix it before developers instead choose to skip out entirely.

Ohnonono

So overwhelmed staring at all the games on my Vita screen its hard to choose what to play! Anything that I really want to hear music/voices for I either need to use headphones or be away from my wife at night (usually watching TV) so even though I want to be busting out P4G and Walking Dead I don't usually get to them.

Most played stuff so far are fighting games cause they are easy to pick up and play, Killzone, Dragon's Crown and Muramasa. All really great so far. I thought for sure I would be way more into Dragon's Crown than Muramasa but the combat in the latter is really fun. Anyway, best console ever. For someone my age is effectively holds all my nostalgia and reminds me of something akin to a Dreamcast. Just have really good vibes about the thing.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | New year, new life, new Vita

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | It's the Circle of Vita

Speaking of Circle, does it bother anybody else that the face buttons on the Vita (Square, Triangle, Circle, Cross) are not colored like they've always been for the DualShock series?

SeZMehK

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | It's the Circle of Vita

Speaking of Circle, does it bother anybody else that the face buttons on the Vita (Square, Triangle, Circle, Cross) are not colored like they've always been for the DualShock series?

It's not on the PSP either IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom