• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some more New Vita Owner™ questions.

Do Cross-Buy games share save and trophy data? For example, if I play the Hotline Miami on my PS3 and then launch it up a few days later on the go, am I continuing from before (obviously, setting up save uploads or whatever)?

How do I get into the Vita without swiping the screen and putting finger goo on it?

I noticed when my wife was playing Katamari PS3 and I jumped on the Vita to play Ys, it never showed me as online for her. Does it now show you as online while you're on a Vita?

Do Vita functions work when you play PS1/PSP games (ie: screenshots and Twitter)?

GYNGA

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | It's the Circle of Vita

Speaking of Circle, does it bother anybody else that the face buttons on the Vita (Square, Triangle, Circle, Cross) are not colored like they've always been for the DualShock series?
I think buttons look waaaaay better on PSP/Vita than on the DualShocks. I'm not a fan of those pale colors

--------------------------------------------------------
Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | Zzz Zzz, Olli Olli, Vita Vita

By the way, isn't Dustforce releasing in January as well? In that case:
Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | Forcing ourselves to dust off the Vita

Banzai

I'm seriously addicted to persona 4.
what the hell is this. it's all ive been doing for the past week. wake up, persona, eat, persona, eat, persona in bed, sleep, repeat. while im typing this i have "Reach Out To The Truth" running on youtube...the extended version. no game has ever done this to me...cant...stop...

also i got the bad ending ( i think) because
i was actually real-life sad that nanako died so i killed the killer as revenge. what is this game. halfway through second playthrough.

Has there been any news or updates on Dead Nation for Vita? I love the game and would love a portable version. Especially if it had local wireless and internet play. So goooood.

I have some more New Vita Owner™ questions.

Do Cross-Buy games share save and trophy data? For example, if I play the Hotline Miami on my PS3 and then launch it up a few days later on the go, am I continuing from before (obviously, setting up save uploads or whatever)?

Some do, some don't. It's frustratingly random.

How do I get into the Vita without swiping the screen and putting finger goo on it?

Wash your hands.

I noticed when my wife was playing Katamari PS3 and I jumped on the Vita to play Ys, it never showed me as online for her. Does it now show you as online while you're on a Vita?

Yes. In fact, I was playing Battlefield on PS4 whilst in a part with a friend who was playing Doki Doki Universe on the Vita not very long ago.

Do Vita functions work when you play PS1/PSP games (ie: screenshots and Twitter)?

I don't believe so (but I could be wrong). It doesn't work on Remote Play either.

GYNGA

Has there been any news or updates on Dead Nation for Vita? I love the game and would love a portable version. Especially if it had local wireless and internet play. So goooood.
Sony has been all silent about Vita games basically since the Gamescom. I'm myself interested in GoW collection and BL2 but we haven't got even a glimpse of those. God I hope they aren't ugly low-fps mess like a lot of other Vita ports. Enough of that.

Desmond

Anyone up for some resistance online? My gamestop has a woeful selection of games. Went in with the intention of getting KZM and P4G. Lol

meppi

Awesome, thanks for the site. Although seems a bit pricey compared to the other sites. Nonetheless, I'll bookmark it. Nice to see there are more import sites nowadays. Better than only using play-asia.

They do have some great offers on 2nd hand games, which so far have always turned up to be like new.
One of the big advantages of Japanese imports as they certainly take a lot more care for their games than your average US/EU gamer. :)

Some do, some don't. It's frustratingly random.

Yes. In fact, I was playing Battlefield on PS4 whilst in a part with a friend who was playing Doki Doki Universe on the Vita not very long ago.

I don't believe so (but I could be wrong). It doesn't work on Remote Play either.
Thanks.

Wash your hands.
My hands are clean, boss.

Although it probably isn't helping that I have Italian blood coursing through my veins.

I dont know if anyone posted this before but what do you thing guys about the new Deception IV gameplay? there is 3 new trailers related to that.
Personally i like them, it is really similiar to kagero 2 and deception 3 , my two favorites till now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dx9DNPTkerU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=agH0B7LzQjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8YvoO7-dTYs

Also interesting is the recent post of Siliconera http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/30/dragons-crown-tops-playstation-store-charts-japan/ and im not referring to the Dragons Crown Vita being number 1 in the downloable games. But on the games archives list, 9 out of 10 games are square enix´s. The first game being Final Fantasy IX. This i guess is regarding the expectation of FFXHD , Im thinking right now this one will be a big hit on Vita-PS3.Also another thing to analize is that from the overall top 10 most downloaded games including PS Vita , Ps3 and PSP, there is 2 PSP games(one being on number 3 of the most downloaded games of PSN Japan). showing PSP in japan is pretty alive yet.
IF they can replicate this numbers on the west , Vita and PSP will continue delivering great titles and there will be more support from third parties .

Is deception coming to the US and for Vita in general?

Takao

Banned
You can wake up your Vita from the start screen with two touches. Touch and hold the folded corner, and then do the same for the opposite end before releasing both touches.

Is deception coming to the US and for Vita in general?

Tecmo Koei US doesn't really exist anymore, but as the EU branch already confirmed a localization (on PS3 and Vita) I see no reason for it to not come over.

Tecmo Koei US doesn't really exist anymore, but as the EU branch already confirmed a localization (on PS3 and Vita) I see no reason for it to not come over.

That's neat, hopefully you are right, never played the others except maybe one of them on PS2 at some point. Would definitely pick it up if it makes it Stateside, along with a 2k khaki vita :O

Elvick

Banned
Nope. There was an "update" about GoW: Collection, can't remember if it included Dead Nation or not... that was basically "they're still in development".

At this rate, we won't even see them before release... and they'll release at the end of 2014.

edit; Ah, here it is (from October). https://twitter.com/yosp/statuses/391315628046286848

lol Porterlands2 March release date.
I have 0 faith of this even being a good vanilla port. Wont dare try to even add the dlc into the equation.

ramyeon

i was actually real-life sad that nanako died so i killed the killer as revenge. what is this game. halfway through second playthrough.
Persona 4 good ending spoilers (You may not want to read these, up to you)

There are several hints throughout that he's not the true culprit. Specific to Namatame, he appears at the Riverbank in Samegawa sometimes and is mourning the death of the announcer. The fact that he was deadset that he was saving the people he threw into the TV is a giveaway too.

Acid08

Banned
I'm seriously addicted to persona 4.
what the hell is this. it's all ive been doing for the past week. wake up, persona, eat, persona, eat, persona in bed, sleep, repeat. while im typing this i have "Reach Out To The Truth" running on youtube...the extended version. no game has ever done this to me...cant...stop...

Yeah you got one of the poor endings and missed a lot of game.

Acid08

Banned
Was looking through all my bubbles, I have 15 games I haven't even started yet and a few I'm in the middle of. So many damn games on this thing.

I think I'm done with Need For Speed now. Got all the mot wanted cars. It was definitely fun and maybe I'll hop into the online sometime. For negatives I'll say it looks pretty terrible and the controls can be kinda iffy.

marrec

Banned
Happy New Year Asia VitaGAF!

So I picked up MLB 13 The Show from my local Target for 8 bucks (it was on clearance) and wow is this game packed to the gills. I wish there was a fielding tutorial though, as the first throw I made (meant to go to first) bounced listlessly to Home because I pressed the wrong button for the wrong amount of time. :lol

VanWinkle

What's so great about the new vita that's in japan right now

Nothing is "so great" about it. It's just a new model. A little thinner and lighter, aesthetically different, switch to LCD screen, 1GB built-in storage, extra hour of battery life, and micro USB connector instead of the proprietary one the current Vita has.

Nothing is "so great" about it. It's just a new model. A little thinner and lighter, aesthetically different, switch to LCD screen, 1GB built-in storage, extra hour of battery life, and micro USB connector instead of the proprietary one the current Vita has.

Good lord, the things I would do to get this on my Vita without having to buy a new unit and give up the OLED...

It's the *main* selling point for me on the new model.

The new model also has a smaller rear touch area.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | New year, new life, new Vita

I was thinking of a little fix:
Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | January 2014 | New year, new life, new Vitabros

The old one seems to imply that the vita 2000 comes in January, while the new one points to the wave of new vitabros that came and hopefully will keep coming :)

Speaking of new Vita, any whispers of the Vita in NA 2000 yet? :-(
No dates, but it will come fore sure.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I bought a new Vita for my son for Xmas. I'm in the UK. I thought there was a deal were we would get 30 days of PSN+ for free?

VanWinkle

Good lord, the things I would do to get this on my Vita without having to buy a new unit and give up the OLED...

It's the *main* selling point for me on the new model.

The new model also has a smaller rear touch area.

I could understand this, but it's is not at all an issue for me since I use the charging dock. I personally think the side and back of the new Vita look awesome, and an extra hour of battery life would be cool, but I HATE the look of the front, especially with weird bezel thing around the screen, and I would hate to lose the OLED.

I'm imagining the new Vita having a front face that looks exactly like the Vita-1000, but having the sides and back of the Vita-2000 along with the other perks it has. Man if they had just done that. :(

The new Vita front face just looks so cheap compared to the old:

ps-vita-2000-slim-vs-ps-vita.jpg

Finally got the Speedlunky trophy with 5:32 after working on it for DAYYYSSS. I'm so happy right now :D

Playing both P4G and Spelunky at the moment, videogames can be sooooo good.

-Digits-

Borderlands 2 is one of those games that's in my backlog and likely to remain in there for quite some time. The idea of a portable version doesn't really appeal to me either. I'm sure I'll still buy it. I have a problem.

Aytrial

Super-late-super-last-second voting for GotM!

Please note the following guidelines for voting:

• PM your vote to me today to count.
  • You may vote for up to 5 games.
  • You may vote for any game released up until the last PS Store update of this month, including those released in previous months. Retail, digital-only and PlayStation Mobiles are all eligible.
  • Games are awarded a point value ranging from 5 to 1 based on order of preference. If you don't provide a numeric order, I will assume the order you list them in is your order of preference.
  • Any votes for games previously awarded GotM will be disregarded. Please refer to this list for previous winners.
Choose wisely and happy voting!

Finally got the Speedlunky trophy with 5:32 after working on it for DAYYYSSS. I'm so happy right now :D

Playing both P4G and Spelunky at the moment, videogames can be sooooo good.

Niiice. Congrats.
That's "full run defeat Olmec in less than 8 minutes", right?

Borderlands 2 is one of those games that's in my backlog and likely to remain in there for quite some time. The idea of a portable version doesn't really appeal to me either. I'm sure I'll still buy it. I have a problem.

Sounds like me with Steam. :lol

fernoca

Weird issue lately. Vita works perfectly (Walking Dead bundle). but even with Mobile Network turned off I get random "no SIM" messages, which is no biggie since it just sits in the corner. But sometimes I also get the "Invalid SIM" message, which restarts the Vita and sucks when I get it while playing a game. Since the day I got it, I turned off all 3G settings and there's no SIM inserted; yet this random messages started appearing out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago.

Looking around, people seem to resolve it by...getting inserting a SIM Card(?), but most of this situations has been of people that used SIM Cards in the first place. So.any workaround? I turned off wi-fi, just in case it's related to trying to connect online or something (even when mobile network is always off).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom