• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
porderlands 2 release date march 18th?

scea trying their hand at a vita bomba day with ffx and this???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879218102

Personally, I'd choose Borderlands 2 over FFX HD.

I've already played FFX, and I think it's ok. Not my favorite FF.

I never played Borderlands 2, but got it for free for PS+, but haven't been able to put in any time with it beyond booting it up for about 15 minutes. I have more time to play it on my Vita, so I'll be choosing that one. I may get FFX if I really want another RPG for the Vita, but I already have plenty of those on my memory card.

ReaperXL7

I never played Borderlands 2, but got it for free for PS+, but haven't been able to put in any time with it beyond booting it up for about 15 minutes. I have more time to play it on my Vita, so I'll be choosing that one. I may get FFX if I really want another RPG for the Vita, but I already have plenty of those on my memory card.

As long as the BL2 port is not shit I will probably pick it up over FFX also as I was never a huge fan of X. If it were XII HD then that would likely be a different story.

It will be interesting to see how Iron Galaxy handheld getting BL2 to run on Vita. I have to imagine betwen the base game, and all the dlc the file size is going to be massive.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
As long as the BL2 port is not shit I will probably pick it up over FFX also as I was never a huge fan of X. If it were XII HD then that would likely be a different story.

It will be interesting to see how Iron Galaxy handheld getting BL2 to run on Vita. I have to imagine betwen the base game, and all the dlc the file size is going to be massive.

Someone else...who likes FFXII?

Brofist.

I'd LOVE to have FFXII HD on the Vita (or PS3, or PS4, or whatever, just put that shit on something!)

I'm hoping the BL2 port is solid as well. I wish Bluepoint were handling it. I'm getting it retail, as I reserved my memory card for mostly PSN only and Cross Buy games where I got the Vita version for free, barring a few exceptions (like Tearaway and Persona 4).

antibolo

Banned
I can't imagine the Borderlands 2 port to be anything but poor. We already know the Unreal Engine is massively unoptimized for Vita, and has yet to be used for a game of that scale yet. It could very well be a disaster.

baekshi

Banned
I can't imagine the Borderlands 2 port to be anything but poor. We already know the Unreal Engine is massively unoptimized for Vita, and has yet to be used for a game of that scale yet. It could very well be a disaster.
Pretty much, and 4GB card? DLC? is it even going to be a full game?

ReaperXL7

I'm actually hoping BL2 is digital only just so they won't have a size restriction

Yeah I agree to qn extent (but Im also 100 percent digital on my vita) I just dont see how they are going to fit the game on to those cards. I have some faith in Iron Galaxy personally, but this may be their largest project yet so we will have to wait and see how it goes.

-Digits-

So I just got some Mark of the Ninja dlc on the cheap from Steam. Man, I wish that was on Vita.
I'm super excited for Dustforce though, I'll probably play the crap out of that. I'm sure it'll be like 15 $/€ and I don't even care.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I just got some Mark of the Ninja dlc on the cheap from Steam. Man, I wish that was on Vita.
I'm super excited for Dustforce though, I'll probably play the crap out of that. I'm sure it'll be like 15 $/€ and I don't even care.

Sometimes I wonder whats to stop Valve or Nvidia from releasing their PC streaming apps on the vita. I mean neither of those technologies are fully baked yet but its an interesting proposition. Technically you could buy the Nvidia shield if your eally wanted to.

Takao

Banned
QMhYZGv.jpg

personally

i am shocked

Microsoft published Mark of the Ninja, so it's probably untouchable like Super Meat Boy.

-Digits-

Sometimes I wonder whats to stop Valve or Nvidia from releasing their PC streaming apps on the vita. I mean neither of those technologies are fully baked yet but its an interesting proposition. Technically you could buy the Nvidia shield if your eally wanted to.

I wonder if Sony would allow it. I somehow doubt it. I'd actually buy a Shield if I had the pc for it. Not only for the streaming but as a decent Android handheld. I'm sure I'll end up with one once I buy a new pc with an Nvidia card.

QMhYZGv.jpg

personally

i am shocked

Microsoft published Mark of the Ninja, so it's probably untouchable like Super Meat Boy.

I think chances of ND making a Vita game are about as high as us getting Mark of the Ninja on Vita. I think I want MotN more though. Oh well.

Yanksfan

I'd buy it full price!

Same, I dig the Borderland series (though not as much as the hardcore players), and I think a loot fest like it would be fantastic on a high quality portable machine like the Vita. As long as the port itself is done well, I would easily drop $40 on it Day 1.

I am not going to go quite that far, and I am not even a FFX fanboy either. They both should be fantastic for a portable experience and I am excited to have both.

Someone else...who likes FFXII?

Brofist.

I'd LOVE to have FFXII HD on the Vita (or PS3, or PS4, or whatever, just put that shit on something!)

Holla..another member of the brotherhood here. I would give up BL2 and FFX in a heartbeat for FFXII HD on the Vita. One of the best FF and JRPG experiences I have ever played.

VanWinkle

Something I think would be cool is, if you move your finger down from the complete top edge of the screen anywhere you are on the Vita, you'd get this multitasking page:

That way, if you're in a game it would be really fast and intuitive to switch to, say, Party, or Friends, or Youtube, etc.

And also, if you swipe diagonally down and left from the top right edge of the screen, you'd get the notification page.

BUT, it would be full screen, and the bottom left of the notification page would have the peely thing, so it's like you peel it right back up to the top right of the screen again. It might even be a good idea for the multitasking page, too, with a peely thing across the whole bottom, and WITHOUT the little ad banners they have there currently.

There's a lot of times I want to check the notifications without having to go to the home screen to do so, and this would solve that problem.

Phamit

So what first party vita exckusive games are announced anyway for next year?

Freedom wars (Japan Studio +Dime+ Shift)

Soul sacrifice delta (Japan Studio +comcept +Marvelous)

Gravity Rush 2 (SCE Japan Japan Studio)

The rest i think are developed from external developers, but are published by sce.

So it seems Gravity Rush 2 is the only game that is devloped complete from an SCEWW Studio.

I hope SCE Japan Studios isn't the only internal Studio working on the vita.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Something I think would be cool is, if you move your finger down from the complete top edge of the screen anywhere you are on the Vita, you'd get this multitasking page:

That way, if you're in a game it would be really fast and intuitive to switch to, say, Party, or Friends, or Youtube, etc.

And also, if you swipe diagonally down and left from the top right edge of the screen, you'd get the notification page.

BUT, it would be full screen, and the bottom left of the notification page would have the peely thing, so it's like you peel it right back up to the top right of the screen again. It might even be a good idea for the multitasking page, too, with a peely thing across the whole bottom, and WITHOUT the little ad banners they have there currently.

There's a lot of times I want to check the notifications without having to go to the home screen to do so, and this would solve that problem.

I have like 2 dozen notecards already of notes about the vitas UI. Im not sure what to do with them but yeah it needs a lot of work.

But hey, its lightning fast and gets the job done which is more than you can say for literally every other console.

I need help in Sly Cooper: Thieves in time. I've looked up several guides but they dont help. This one mission tells me to take out a guard by pressing both the triangle and square buttons. When I do that, no takedown occurs. Sly just does a normal swipe, and it just alerts the guards. I've been stuck on this mission for a while now and its really, really annoying.

Massa

I need help in Sly Cooper: Thieves in time. I've looked up several guides but they dont help. This one mission tells me to take out a guard by pressing both the triangle and square buttons. When I do that, no takedown occurs. Sly just does a normal swipe, and it just alerts the guards. I've been stuck on this mission for a while now and its really, really annoying.

Press triangle first, then square after 2 or 3 seconds.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Was looking through all my bubbles, I have 15 games I haven't even started yet and a few I'm in the middle of. So many damn games on this thing.

I think I'm done with Need For Speed now. Got all the mot wanted cars. It was definitely fun and maybe I'll hop into the online sometime. For negatives I'll say it looks pretty terrible and the controls can be kinda iffy.

I find it difficult to delete some games that I'm done with - NFS:MW is one examples even though I doubt I'll play it seriously again (have it on PS3, vita, PC), I keep it for those occasions where I just want a bit of driving about. That and Ridge Racers.

Acid08

Banned
I find it difficult to delete some games that I'm done with - NFS:MW is one examples even though I doubt I'll play it seriously again (have it on PS3, vita, PC), I keep it for those occasions where I just want a bit of driving about. That and Ridge Racers.
Yeah I'm way more likely to jump back into that game than I am Sonic Racing so I'll keep it around for some driving fun every one in a while. The game I'm excited to finish so I can delete it is Uncharted. I played some more and it's okay, but, it's definitely a goner when I'm done.

jengo

So what first party vita exckusive games are announced anyway for next year?

Freedom wars (Japan Studio +Dime+ Shift)

Soul sacrifice delta (Japan Studio +comcept +Marvelous)

Gravity Rush 2 (SCE Japan Japan Studio)

The rest i think are developed from external developers, but are published by sce.

So it seems Gravity Rush 2 is the only game that is devloped complete from an SCEWW Studio.

I hope SCE Japan Studios isn't the only internal Studio working on the vita.

Over My Dead Body 2?

DrFurbs

86 hours later and only 32% trophies I completed Persona 4G. Best game ever... Got the
bad ending tho

Great game all the same!

Steel

Banned
86 hours later and only 32% trophies I completed Persona 4G. Best game ever... Got the
bad ending tho

Great game all the same!

Game lasts another 20 hours from the first bad ending. Fortunately, the game also has a decent NG+.

To push a new software lineup accompanied by a hardware redesign. It's not like SCEA is going to drop coin getting North America to know what's up like SCEJ did.

Well, yeah, I don't expect SCEA to do much pushing, but late winter/early spring has been the target for the vita 2000 in the west since the beginning. I don't know for sure it's that date, I was just saying that seems like a smart day to do it.

GDC starts on March 17th....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom