• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voting with your wallet doesn't work

Yes it does but the "internet core of gamers" is just a small % of total gaming crowed and most gamers don't really care as much as we do.

Believe me if 75% of all COD buys suddenly this year stop buying DLC maps Actibluz will do something different next year.

Umibozu

It's just like voting in a democracy. Sometimes people don't agree with your position. It doesn't mean that voting didn't work, just means your vote is in the minority.
I would say the consumers that vote with their wallets by not buying games/dlc are more akin to people who do not vote at all in a democracy/election. Not specific to the games industry; businesses do not pay (much) attention to those that do not impact their bottom line. When the business has trouble making money off its consumers will it focus on its non consumers.

It's important to create bad word of mouth if it's deserved. It's more hurtful for publishers and leads to more people voting with their wallets.

Buying something, anything, is "voting with your wallet"

Just because other people may "vote" differently than you doesn't mean it doesn't count

If 25% of people buy overpriced dlc for a game, who won that vote? I'm guessing said dlc comes back in the next game with that ratio.

I'm amazed so many people ignore this. No vote is occurring here.

A vote is definitely occurring. You just don't like the outcome.

Top Bottom