• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe launching in September on Xbox One

David___

Banned
Sounds like a poorly designed game.

They rectified the problem with the latest patch(or should have.) While going through Mercury you get weaker versions of the bread and butter mods in the game sans multi-shot.

Edit: As someone who loved this game up until around 2 months ago, if you get hooked you can easily spend a couple of hundred hours in this game.

B3N1

Just finished the tutorial. It was kind of fun but I can't aim shit with this kind of deadzone. What is this, like 30%?

Have you tried downloading the game via smartglass? I setup the download through it last night without any messages.

now, I played the pc version for about 2 days to understand what the game was about a month ago, it's nice that the xbox version has the latest update with the ship home space and bigger tutorial.

I decided to mix things up with a volt using a bow and arrow instead of the cookie cut warframe ninja.

Game looks great but the framerate really goes all over the place between 30 and 60, but a nice thing here is the game has graphical settings, turning off motion blur and bloom bought the game up to 60fps a good 80% of the time.

I'll keep playing and see how it goes, the deadzone on the analog stick makes aiming rather annoying right now, it's a warframe thing as aiming in titanfall is pretty much spot on.

Game is fine (though the UX and explaining things to the player is TERRIBLE), but holy shit at this deadzone. What the heck is up with that?

I'm stuck unable to progress or launch any games/matches in warframe now, the game isn't crashing but I can't hit X to start on anything even in solo mode. *edit* game restart fixed it

And yeah they really need to bring that deadzone down to minimum levels.

So is this the version that is actually good?
Having played all of them definitely PC or PS4. At least how it currently is with this terrible deadzone. Player counts and waiting to find matches to progress are disgusting on all consoles though.

Also plenty of issues with finding matches, starting matches, crashing, etc.

mocoworm

I believe that this game has an £89.99 in-game currency and mods pack.

Wow.

You can nab the game now and start playing for no cost, or choose to open your wallet and pick from one of several currency packs.

As usual, the more you spend the better ratio of in-game Platinum you get.

75 Platinum costs £3.99, 170 Platinum costs £7.99, 370 Platinum costs £15.99, 1000 Platinum costs £39.99, 2100 Platinum costs £64.99 and 3210 Platinum costs £89.99.

But the higher tier packs unlock more than in-game credits - each includes gun mods to make your weapons more deadly.

Pick up 1000 Platinum and you'll also get a mod to increase your gun's fire rate by five percent and its puncture rate by 0.2.

2100 Platinum will net you that mod plus a 20 per cent shield and health bonus.

The game's most expensive 32100 Platinum pack gives you both of those mods plus a third to increase fire rate and multishot by 10 per cent.

I believe that this game has an £89.99 in-game currency and mods pack.

Wow.

It's a free to play game, of course they'll monetize it.

At least they're not shoving it down your throats every two minutes and you certainly don't need to buy crap to progress.

Lemnisc8

I spent way too much money on this game, consideing I dropped it like a stone a couple of months back.

I strongly advise everyone that almost everything in the game can actually be earnt in game if you're patient enough.

I probably spent over £200 on platinum...

Hollow

I spent way too much money on this game, consideing I dropped it like a stone a couple of months back.

I strongly advise everyone that almost everything in the game can actually be earnt in game if you're patient enough.

I probably spent over £200 on platinum...

Jeez.

I spent $10 on platinum which I used for more warframe and weapon slots. That's all you really need.

Dunlop

It's a free to play game, of course they'll monetize it.

At least they're not shoving it down your throats every two minutes and you certainly don't need to buy crap to progress.

Haven't played in a few months, but you can pretty much get anything in game without spending money. Just takes a lot longer

Actually reading this thread will makes me want to fire up the game again lol, pretty sure I have like $20 in credit left

I only accidentally stumbled across this while searching through twitch.

I realised there's plenty of weird games that i've never even heard before like WarFrame (Anyone seen that game with the cover of Tom Hanks and a DBZ character?)

But after watching some bloke play it, it looks interesting. Will be giving it a good little play.

I have 40h on ps4 in warframe. I was really into it for some time and then game became boring. All the grinding..game basicly is one big grind fest.

It seems that they added PvP in the game a little while back but from what I am reading it's a little rough and still in the works, 2 v 2 at the most.

I'm guessing some clans out there find the best gear and want to be the best in PvP, or am I wrong?

Yes, you could play solo, but Warframe is balanced towards CO-OP play, so you'll still get the same number of enemy spawns whether you are by yourself or playing CO-OP. This will be a problem as you get further and further into the game because you'll be presented with situations where you'll want or need help (Derelict/Orokin Towers)
Well ya, but I'm just saying that previous Xbox 360 "f2p" games required Gold, even for single player, so it's pretty big that Gold isn't required for SP on this.

p3tran

Banned
tbh, I didnt like it on ps4, there is no chance I will like it here too.

to people that are worried that they need xbox gold to play, I think this game would be on the bottom of my list of why i should get gold anyway :)

am downloading though, since no cap on b/w (also I havent played it on ps4 for many months, so maybe with patches ..magic happened. if this is the case, I will come back and edit this post :) )

The unfixed framerate is a little annoying and it keeps me messing around with the on and off options for visuals, motion blur is the biggest framerate killer, then bloom and then focus blur which doesn't seem to hamper much at all.

Kind of wish it had a 30fps option so I can have all the visuals going on without hickups.

The unfixed framerate is a little annoying and it keeps me messing around with the on and off options for visuals, motion blur is the biggest framerate killer, then bloom and then focus blur which doesn't seem to hamper much at all.

Kind of wish it had a 30fps option so I can have all the visuals going on without hickups.

You can actually turn on and off graphical cvars like that?

Kinda cool for a console game.

jesu

I have to solo all the time otherwise it crashes.
Other than that it seems pretty good, might as well keep it installed.

ethomaz

Banned
O89g7u2.jpg

The default setup but you can customize it anyway you want.
Cycle power schema is really a bad way to use power in Warframe but there are no other option... well maybe voice with Kinect?

Gold requirement is something I don't understand for a F2P game.

The fps just became better now on PS4... after Update 14 and there are mission that things go down close to single digit yet... so I don't believe a lock option to 30fps will work for a game that plays most of time below 30fps.

I like that the game actually uses the GameDVR intelligently. For example in BF4 when you rank up, you just get the last 30 seconds leading up to it. In Peggle 2 it starts recording as soon as your shot score hits a high score instead of showing the whole shot. Warframe started my clip right after the cutscene for the boss, and ended it a second or two after the boss died. I got the entire boss fight with no extra before or after.

jond76

Banned
Game is fine (though the UX and explaining things to the player is TERRIBLE), but holy shit at this deadzone. What the heck is up with that?

Agreed. Although the dead zone doesn't bother me for shooting, it pisses me off during security hacking!

bow & arrow headshots are a nightmare with the current stick deadzone size, you can't aim like normal and have to flick the stick to do small movements well, which i'm guessing is how testers play the game so it was overlooked.

*edit* was doing a rank up and failed on the last enemy, game softlocked with my tenno just laying on his back and his legs in the air, had to force close the game lol

Cycle power schema is really a bad way to use power in Warframe but there are no other option... well maybe voice with Kinect?

You can set a button to "Power A" (or B, C, D). When you press the button, it activates immediately. I may put all 4 of mine on the d-pad. I've only ever used the Place Marker thing on PC to see what it did, and I don't think I've ever had any consumables (though I've only played a few weeks, maybe you use them more at higher levels?)

ethomaz

Banned
You can set a button to "Power A" (or B, C, D). When you press the button, it activates immediately. I may put all 4 of mine on the d-pad. I've only ever used the Place Marker thing on PC to see what it did, and I don't think I've ever had any consumables (though I've only played a few weeks, maybe you use them more at higher levels?)
Place market is one of the most used features in co-op... the consumables is not... useless unless you want to codex enemies.

So you have three buttons: Power Cycle Left, Power Cycle Right and Consumables... well most Frames have two or three useful powers... so it can work ;)

Until they increased the number of powers :D

Instead of cycle skill on dpad and right stick click to use, try setting the waypoint market to right stick click and that makes the dpad mostly free for skills.

Going to do that right now in fact

kaioshade

How do I get new weapons without using real money?

To get new weapons you have to do missions in planets to get materials. You then buy the blueprints using credits (in game currency, platinum is real money) and once you have the blueprint and the materials, go to your foundry and the item will be available to build.

Some weapons you may not get the components until you reach the later planets.

VariantX

-Buy blueprints with credits in the market
-Do weapons research in the clan then buy the blue prints for clan tech weapons at the research room
-get blueprints/parts from boss/event boss drops
-farm tower keys and do orokin tower missions and potentially recieve parts for prime weapons/frames as rewards

Place market is one of the most used features in co-op... the consumables is not... useless unless you want to codex enemies.

So you have three buttons: Power Cycle Left, Power Cycle Right and Consumables... well most Frames have two or three useful powers... so it can work ;)

Only good co-op players ever place down markers anyway...

Consumables is useless until late game play, where ammo refills > ammo scavengers.

Is it possible to go through this game solo or do they still match you people?

You can turn off matchmaking.

1-2 weapons can be purchased using in game currency (credits.)

All weapons can be earned in game by obtaining their relative blueprints and the required resources to build them. Blueprints can be obtained through:

1) The market place, using the in game currency (credits.)

2) Void missions (requires void key)

3) Purchased from clan dojos, again using the in game currency.

The same with warframe blueprints.

This is such great news. I played like 300 hours of this on PS4 but stopped once it was announced for XB1. I cant wait to jump back in.

x-Lundz-x

I played the crap out of it on PS4. Not a bad game for being F2P. I spent about 20 bucks on it total and put in well over 100 hours. It just gets very repetitive.

Kent

Jeez.

I spent $10 on platinum which I used for more warframe and weapon slots. That's all you really need.

This is all you'll ever really want to do in the game microtransaction-wise, and only in the long run.

Basically, the game is designed so that you only get Mastery Rank progress (which is basically an account level) from gaining experience with gear that's not already maxed out (or hasn't been maxed out by you previously). As a result, you end up going through a lot of weapons, frames and sentinels.

You'll only actually "need" to spend Platinum on extra slots to hold them if you just don't want to get rid of your old stuff - you'll need maxed-out gear to do endgame content, and some weapons are just better than others, and some are better for certain situations (i.e. the starting MK-1 gear is intentionally underpowered, because it's starting gear - so everything's at least a bit of an upgrade from that).

Considering how many hours I've put into the game on Steam (I think I'm nearing the 400-hour mark...) I'm pretty happy with how little I've spent on it - most of my platinum has gone toward extra slots for weapons and frames, but I'm also pretty happy with the cosmetics I've purchased... Since color pickers can be used on anything, and scarves on ninjas gives a very PS2 Shinobi vibe.

Probably not going to go hard into this version until possibly after an account transfer is set up (or account sync, but that's more of a pipe dream at this point).

Spazznid

Jeez.

I've spent $800+ so far, and am well on my way to spending more. With 600+ hours of playtime, I'd say DE deserves my money. I've been playing since the closed beta, and they've completely improved the game so many times. I'll stop paying DE when they stop making content I want.

I have a friend who's spent nearly $10 on Warframe and he an I play together all the time. You don't have to spend money, but after enough updates and playtime, I hope people at least throw DE some more cash.

jem0208

I've spent $800+ so far, and am well on my way to spending more. With 600+ hours of playtime, I'd say DE deserves my money. I've been playing since the closed beta, and they've completely improved the game so many times. I'll stop paying DE when they stop making content I want.

I have a friend who's spent nearly $10 on Warframe and he an I play together all the time. You don't have to spend money, but after enough updates and playtime, I hope people at least throw DE some more cash.

:eek:

How. Why.

RdN

Played about an hour last night.. I liked most of what I saw.

Picked up Mag as my Warframe, and it seems cool so far. I don't like that powers are clicking the RS, but saw people here saying that you can change to the d-pad, will try that tonight.

Missions are alright.. It's kind of overwhelming the amount of systems the game appears to have, and so far it hasn't done a great job explaining them to me. Also had a few instances of enemies spawning right at my back, which is fucked up.

Control wise is where lies the biggest problem for me. The deadzone is completely ridiculous. It's so hard to properly aim with it being that big. Wallruning is also buggy, I died at least 4 times in the tutorial part because my character kept doing backflips at the top of the wall and falling off the map.

In the end.. I think it has potential if it can gather a decent community and the devs improve some key parts, specially the aiming.

ethomaz

Banned
:eek:

How. Why.
I remember I got almost everythink I wanted grinding but after 150 hours I decided to buy some Platinum to give to DE support the game... at the end spent $34 because I really enjoyed the game.

But I have friends that want to have the new warframe before everything else... so instead to grind when the Warframe is released they buy Platinum to buy direct from the Store.

So while some are griding the parts to make the new Warframe others are already showing his new frame and powers :D... well in two or three days I catch them anyway.

Top Bottom