• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe launching in September on Xbox One

Jarrod38

Mind posting a screenshot of the XB1 control scheme when you can?

O89g7u2.jpg

The default setup but you can customize it anyway you want.

Vidpixel

I just downloaded this a few days ago on the PS4, and I thought it was surprisingly fun at first. However, the game does start to show its more repetitive side with the level designs and mission structures the deeper you delve into the experience, which is to be expected I suppose.

looks pretty awful but ill try for free

whoa 100% incorrect ha

Played it since day one on PS4. It has only gotten better with every update. If you like to play a game where the Devs constantly update the game and listen to the community this might be for you. As long as you have a good community to build a BA Dojo and do missions with (You cant have Bitmap Frogs, he is ours). The original wall runners, Tenno.

Enjoy XBox fans!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Version 1 of this game has a superb death animations / rag doll physics to the enemies when they were killed.

Now every patch since then has completely removed that and has been replaced with a repetitive canned death animations that looks like the enemy is doing a mexican dance and falls over. Even with a shot gun blast at point blank.

I was hoping it was a place holder but 20 patches later and it still remains. Deleted the game and never looked back. God I hate it when developers make the most idiotic design changed for no fucking reason. It boggles my mind why they could not just leave it as it was.

good riddance

edit: just goes to show how much feedback and good death animations can impact the enjoyment of a game. Its one of the fundamental things a shooter should nail..

Jarrod38 said:
The downside is when trying to play the second mission the game crashes on you.

Well that's par for the course as the PS4 version regularly hard locked the system at launch. It's the only game I've played that required me to hard-reboot that system. They patched it pretty quick, though.

The game is terrible.

Start clearing out a large room, but by the time you're through the middle of the room, enemies have respawned behind you. Where did they come from? It becomes impossible to clear out the room, because they're constantly spawning in from all directions. It's like a Sisyphean task.

def sim

I played this on PS4 a few weeks back and it seems they've overhauled the intro missions quite a bit since then. I'm impressed at their dedication, at the very least. It feels like a fuller game now, story wise.

Stiff learning curve, but game is really fantastic, and dedicated user base on PS4 as well...

It's a great game, but because it's FTP, it's not really a polished intro, and you have to discover everything for yourself through trial and error or getting help online. Once you get into though, its on par with a Destiny experience IMO...

VariantX

Gold is only required for co-op, you can play SP without Gold.

Yes, you could play solo, but Warframe is balanced towards CO-OP play, so you'll still get the same number of enemy spawns whether you are by yourself or playing CO-OP. This will be a problem as you get further and further into the game because you'll be presented with situations where you'll want or need help (Derelict/Orokin Towers)

Problem with the game is that it's most fun for the late game stuff.

On the PS4 version, at least most high levels can carry you to the special missions.

For the XB1, I guess people will have to grind through the regular missions first.

I played this on PS4 a few weeks back and it seems they've overhauled the intro missions quite a bit since then. I'm impressed at their dedication, at the very least. It feels like a fuller game now, story wise.

That impression fades right after the first boss as the story is nonexistent afterwards. Just a bunch of dumb side missions and whatnot. This game can be decent with friends, but as others have mentioned, it really needs variety.

JaggedSac

The game is terrible.

Start clearing out a large room, but by the time you're through the middle of the room, enemies have respawned behind you. Where did they come from? It becomes impossible to clear out the room, because they're constantly spawning in from all directions. It's like a Sisyphean task.

Downloading now and if I encounter something like this I will uninstall in a heartbeat. Hate this in games. I also usually hate f2p stuff so I will most likely not like this. Do items degrade in this game?

Bad news. They already did the migration and the chance to migrate is already over.

Are you serious? That's such poor form. :( I've held off from playing the PS4 version until I could migrate my account. I've been busy the last few weeks with assignments, etc. Why didn't they advertise this more, i.e., via email?

CeeSaw

Anyone else have problems starting the second mission? It looks for a party then freezes and crashes to the home screen.

Are you serious? That's such poor form. :( I've held off from playing the PS4 version until I could migrate my account. I've been busy the last few weeks with assignments, etc. Why didn't they advertise this more, i.e., via email?

yeah i missed it too, it was a really small window and you basically had to be reading the forum constantly to find out about it. disappointed as i have friends that play only on ps4 and i would've liked to play with them occasionally without having to re-obtain all my stuff.

The game is terrible.

you probably triggered an alarm. turning it off will stop the spawning.

VariantX

The game is terrible.

That's really only in survival mode now. The ability to reset alarms was patched in a while ago.

Lucent

It's a shame that they have to go with a "cycle power" scheme.

Yeah. The touch pad on the Dualshock 4, which allows you to swipe in multiple directions to use your powers, is nice for this. Downloaded on X1 to see how it plays on there but I don't think I'll get deep into it because of the way powers will work on here. I've had a hard time getting into the game since a lot of the missions are repetitive and you really have to replay the crap out of them if you want to get the blueprints to make new warframes without paying platinum/real money to get the warframes. But I like that they're constantly updating this. The new ship hub and the new map/planet selector is very nice. Much better than launch.

Two Words

As much as I liked Warframe, this game has no chance against Destiny. Warframe is fundamentally flawed at a late-game level. It does a poor job of keeping the carrot in front of you.

Korezo

The game is terrible.

There's different mission types. Extermination, survival, defense, mobile defense, boss fight and probably others. In most except extermination enemies will keep spawning.

I... uh, maybe? The game doesn't exactly present itself as being of the stealth genre...

It's not mgs type stealth but you can play stealthy, there's invisibility skills and silent weapons for instance, and stealth takedowns. I thought the new tutorial made that clear but maybe console versions don't have it yet. In any case, if an enemy sees you there's a chance instead of attack they'll run to an alarm unit and trigger it. Your HUD should reflect that alarms have been triggered and indicate the nearest deactivation points. If you cant be bothered with that you just keep running.

Oh and taking out the security cameras helps too.

How's the consensus on this? I didn't even finished the tutorial because it was terrible, but I know I shouldn't judge games from so little time.

Is the tutorial mission a good indicative of the overall game? Or is just a very badly designed tutorial for a better game?

It's impossible to get anywhere solo after Mercury.

Sounds like a poorly designed game.

It's possible to solo everything.
Although it depends largely with your arsenal, mods and warframe of choice. (I've did most of the planets on the PS4 solo.)

If anything, the regular missions are "poorly designed" to me, because they're too easy for a co-op game at late stages.

Not looking to spend any money yet, what should I buy?

If you have plats, save them for weapon and warframe slots.

Buy the regular Braton in the market with credits asap.

How's the consensus on this? I didn't even finished the tutorial because it was terrible, but I know I shouldn't judge games from so little time.

Is the tutorial mission a good indicative of the overall game? Or is just a very badly designed tutorial for a better game?

I feel that the dedicated PC and PS4 Warframe communities on GAF should speak for the game's fun (no comments on the quality, since this game is constantly updating.)

However, as with most f2p games, the most fun are with the special/harder missions that requires more co-op plays, power use, mod customization, etc etc.
(ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbsFDwkRFPg)

The regular/tutorial missions are just too easy and won't be a showcase of that.

If the game isn't doing it for you, it'll probably be best that you wait a month - let the community unlock more stuff and jump back in.

Been playing the PC version casually for a month or so and decided to jump into the Xbox One version in the hopes of getting console friends to play.

IMO the game doesn't give a great first impression. You don't always feel like you're in control of the wall running and such (Sometimes you want to climb up something and it keeps doing backflips off of it. Sometimes the physics freak out and launch you across a room when you were just trying to vault over something.) The mod and crafting system is a little daunting at first as well. Also, I feel like the combination of motion blur, high bloom, highly saturated color settings, and high default FOV actually gave me a headache and eye strain, which are things that have never happened to me with a game. I first tried the game either when it was in beta, or shortly after launch. I just couldn't get into it. Then recently I tried it again and after giving it more time, really got into it, and even bought some Platinum.

I still don't care for the rock, paper, scissors damage type setup it's got going on though. I want to pick a weapon that looks and feels good, and does good damage. I want to be playing with friends and just pick a mission and go. The way it is now, to min/max I'd have to change my setup based on the mission I'm playing, which is not fun.

Vidpixel

IMO the game doesn't give a great first impression. You don't always feel like you're in control of the wall running and such (Sometimes you want to climb up something and it keeps doing backflips off of it. Sometimes the physics freak out and launch you across a room when you were just trying to vault over something.) The mod and crafting system is a little daunting at first as well. Also, I feel like the combination of motion blur, high bloom, highly saturated color settings, and high default FOV actually gave me a headache and eye strain, which are things that have never happened to me with a game. I first tried the game either when it was in beta, or shortly after launch. I just couldn't get into it. Then recently I tried it again and after giving it more time, really got into it, and even bought some Platinum.

Yeah, the wall running and jumping can feel pretty stiff and unwieldy. Some of the animations are a little choppy as well, but I was pleasantly surprised by the presentation for the most part, even if the art style can feel a bit uninspired at times.

Top Bottom