• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Did they ever explain why the physx effects were reduced so severely? I remember when it was first added it was a real lightshow. It is cery tame in comparison now.

DrFurbs

Guys, new with Warframe here. How on Earth do I get an archwing to do the missions on Earth? Do I buy a blueprint And try grind the materials?

This game is really grindy. I would liked to have paid money for this game with out this intense level of grinding and I'm only level 30.

VandalD

All right, DE. I'm ready. Don't mess this up!

Guys, new with Warframe here. How on Earth do I get an archwing to do the missions on Earth? Do I buy a blueprint And try grind the materials?

This game is really grindy. I would liked to have paid money for this game with out this intense level of grinding and I'm only level 30.
You need to do the archwing quest. Just keep doing other quests and unlocking junctions and it should give you the archwing quest. You won't be able to complete Earth until later.

The game is very grindy. It does get better over time as you open up more options, but that can take a good bit of time. If you don't like grind, you might not enjoy your time with Warframe.

Rank 30 is the maximum rank a weapon or frame can reach.
Did they ever explain why the physx effects were reduced so severely? I remember when it was first added it was a real lightshow. It is cery tame in comparison now.
I remember them saying that keeping it updated was causing some problems. This was a while ago though, so I could be wrong.

So I'm having a bit of a personal crisis with this game. I look at Prime items and rare mods, check their drop rates... and then contemplate trading plat for them.

I'm normally very against paying real money for in-game drops, but for some reason when it's part of an in-game, player-to-player economy, it doesn't seem so bad. It's weird and kinda makes me feel bad.

PatzCU

.... I made my very first sale via that website less than a week ago and I've probably made over 1,000 plat so far. Got a bunch of frame/weapon slots, a few color bundles because the noob colors and not having any purple were absolutely killing me, a non-noob profile glyph, and now I've got enough excess scratch that I'm seriously considering buying that ridiculous muscle suit skin for my frost prime.

And there you have it. Should just put this post in the OP.

There were performance issues and iirc they weren't getting help from Nvidia to actually fix them up. I think they also felt bad for non-nividia users and we're going to try their own physics system sometime.

Rafy

So one of the G3 finally spawned while I was finishing a mission the other day, and all I got was Endo...

I've been trying to get them multishot mods since I started playing the game and I am starting to get real frustrated.

Question, once you are marked for death by the G3, is it permanent or do I have to keep playing against the Grineer in invasions?

So one of the G3 finally spawned while I was finishing a mission the other day, and all I got was Endo...

I've been trying to get them multishot mods since I started playing the game and I am starting to get real frustrated.

Question, once you are marked for death by the G3, is it permanent or do I have to keep playing against the Grineer in invasions?

No the mark is removed once they invade but iirc it stacks as you do invasions and piss them off.

It'll last until they end up killing you. Then you'll have to get marked again.

Do Law of Retribution, the first raid. They always spawn in the last area of the second stage, all three of them.

Edit: Hydroid update inbound!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
IT'S TIME

EmLmJph.png

Saprol

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/829596-chains-of-harrow-update-2140/

Hydroid Revisited

The sea has a revamped fear creeping in the depth, and his name is Hydroid.

With Hydroid Prime emerging to the surface soon, the team took another glance at Hydroids powers and what we could do in order to achieve ability synergy. Hydroid now brings barrages, surges, puddles, and tentacles into a deadly oceanic horror.

Feedback appreciated here:

General Hydroid Changes:

Hydroid's base Shield and Armor has received a buff!
Shield is now 375 from 345.
Armor is now 200 from 65.

Tempest Barrage:

Tempest Barrage can be cast while in Undertow and will now hit enemies submerged in Undertow.
Tempest Barrage can now be charged for longer Duration (more explosions) and more Damage for more Energy.

Tidal Surge:

Tidal Surge can be used to move around without cancelling Undertow (note that Tidal Surge speed - and hence distance - is halved when used in Undertow).
Tidal Surge will now pull enemies along for the ride.
Tidal Surge can be interrupted at any point by casting Undertow to go into your puddle, sinking enemies being pulled along.

Undertow:

Hydroid can pull enemies into Undertow by aiming and clicking on them.
Undertow can be cast while in air.
Jump and roll will break Hydroid out of Undertow.
Hydroid can now move while in Undertow at the expense of Energy.
Submerged enemies in Undertow receive Damage Per Second, increasing every second they are submerged.
Enemies that die will be released from Undertow instead of dragging their dead bodies along for the ride.

Tentacle Swarm:

Hold onto your ships, Tentacle Swarm has received a new look straight from the depths of the sea! Can you summon the Kraken?
Tentacle Swarm can be charged to get more tentacles over a larger area for more Energy.
Hydroid tentacles will now seek out nearby enemies and attempt to slam on top of them rather than just always flailing randomly and hoping they hit something.
Tentacle Swarm will protrude from Hydroid's Undertow if active when cast.

Rafy

It'll last until they end up killing you. Then you'll have to get marked again.

Do Law of Retribution, the first raid. They always spawn in the last area of the second stage, all three of them.

Edit: Hydroid update inbound!

Unfortunately, I don't think I have good enough weapons or mods yet to do raids. I just started a good Hek and gathering mods for that, and I finished a decent Guandao build. I already have Nova Prime, but even there I am missing mods. As of right now I am prioritizing getting Trinity before she is vaulted.

Any suggestion on easy to get/build secondary weapons? I mostly want to focus on finishing the star map. I am MR8 (almost 9, dreading the test) and I am working on the Jupiter junction.

EDIT: 75% off coupon, FML...

I don't think any of the changes will really make Hydroid that much better (and note this is without playing and testing him out, just from reading the notes), but the important thing is that these are all buffs for him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Armor buff is probably the best part of the rework.

Seriously tho, haven't played around with it much but it seems like the entire basis of the rework was to add synergy to puddle so you didn't just have to lay there being stupid the entire time. I'm ok with this. Can't fit any mods on the damn thing without a potato tho, so I'll let everybody else play with it and just keep waiting for prime. At a glance tho I say it's a big step forward for him and they didn't break anything.

VandalD

They didn't even mention one of the most important changes. Barrage can be cast again without overwriting the previous Barrage. This change with Barrage also being chargeable make it a pretty decent ability. Its augment works well with it.

Tidal Surge is still too expensive for what it does. It's okay for a burst of invincibility I suppose. That seems like its main purpose. Barrage does the same amount of damage while knocking enemies down instead of away, and you don't have to be near them to do it.

Untertow is still one of the worst abilities in the game. Who wants to be a puddle of water? Again, it's useful for some invincibility I suppose, but I don't get it. Why use this? It does horrible damage, and if you try to move, you end draining a lot of energy, especially if you use Tidal Surge. The only time I could see this ability being useful is in interception or defense, where you lazily sit around and drag things into your puddle to very slowly kill them. So it's the same as it was before. You just get to click things now.

Tentacles are still tentacles. They seem a bit better at hitting things if you charge them up. That's about it.

Hydroid seems like he was meant for point defense. If you need one particular area locked down, Hydroid can get the job done. But that's all I can see him being good at, besides spreading a lot of corrosive procs with his 1's augment. The armor increase and Barrage not being overwritten are the standout changes, and that's pretty disappointing. Of course, I could be missing something and he could be amazing at doing something I haven't tried. But meh.

They didn't even mention one of the most important changes. Barrage can be cast again without overwriting the previous Barrage. This change with Barrage also being chargeable make it a pretty decent ability. Its augment works well with it.

That's because Barrage has had that quality for a bit now I believe.

VandalD

That's because Barrage has had that quality for a bit now I believe.
I don't think that's right, but I could be wrong. I was using him yesterday to get a feel for him again so I could better appreciate the changes today. It's a good thing either way. Maybe that came when they also made it a one-handed cast.

Edit: Wiki history says I'm wrong. Could've sworn it overwrote while using it yesterday. Welp. Armor change is best change.

goblin

I can give you a set of multishot mods if you want. Otherwise, I think it's probably easier to try and find them through void containers and treasure rooms than it is through the Grustrag trio.

It seems like it's better to just do spy missions solo.

Tried to do the Stolen Dreams one where you need to hack all 3 terminals and I failed everytime I went with a group until I did it solo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People are really bad at spying, if you want max score it's better done solo.

Yes this, absolutely. It's just that a big step forward from an F is still just a D.

lol

so he will remain to suffer like G did. I'll use him again to check it out and once i get the prime version.

It's only faster with people that know what they're doing. Never pub a spy mission.

People are really bad at spying, if you want max score it's better done solo.

+1 to both of these.

just switch from public once spy is involved and pick your frames of choice (Loki for just breaking it entirely , Ivara to make it a bit fun, etc)

Ivara with her augment makes it a literal walk in the park. Loki can't even approach how much she trivializes spy.

I find that extremely hard to believe given how he breaks it so wide open already :O

edit: Ok after seeing the augment i can see it now since she has the aspects that prevent him from being a god. LOL.

As a new player, if I buy like 1000 plat, what should I spend it on? Most of the videos I see are about grinding free Platinum.

I'd also appreciate an invite to the guild if possible. Same name.

As a new player, if I buy like 1000 plat, what should I spend it on? Most of the videos I see are about grinding free Platinum.

Warframe and weapon slots. Then catalysts, then reactors, maybe forma bundles, and then cosmetics. You may also consider Warframes that have extremely high grind requirements, like Mesa or Equinox, but that's like least important for gameplay.

I would suggest getting a feel for the game first and seeing if it's your cup of tea before spending that much on it though.

Rafy

I'd also appreciate an invite to the guild if possible. Same name.

Unless you got a 50 or 75% off coupon for the daily login rewards, I'd suggest you save your money till you do. As a new player, invest in weapon and frame slots.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.

I'd also suggest doing some Lith Fissures once you have amassed a few relics. You can sell the items you get for plat in tradechat by using a tool like warframe.market. It won't be much at first but you will get a decent chuck of plat to spend on weapon and frame slots to get you started.

Naite

Tried out Hydroid in sortie 1 after never touching him after mastery fodder. Only useful thing think I like is that Tidal Surge and Undertow makes it easy to trigger Obex's augment, but I'm sure that worked before the rework. Having skills work in undertow is nice, but undertow is still a really dull ability.

Back to collecting dust til prime comes out.

wrongway

Consider me sold on the Soma. I'm normally not into bullet-hoses in any game, and I was pretty cold on this one when I was getting going with it a few days ago. Better than the Gorgon, but meh. But then I took it on a little Void mission and Vital Sense dropped. Now it's 30, it's got a catalyst on it, and it's my default primary. I got a Carrier going to help me out on the ammo front, too. So good. :D

goblin

Was just grouped up with someone using Hydroid on the Defense sortie and his Undertow and Tentacle Swarm abilities are still annoying to teammates, so that seems like it could be better. You really ought to be able to shoot into Undertow, and Tentacle Swarm needs to either chill out or be a bullet attractor or something. Instead it just sometimes launches enemies into geometry and gets them stuck.

Like I said, none of the changes actually fix the underlying issues of Hydroid. This was barely a rework, more just a tweak.

Undertow is actually the worst because it removes enemies entirely from allies. If they were just like, enveloped by water when they touched the surface of the puddle, so allies could wipe them out. If anything this update has reintroduced the TrollDroids, who just hold onto defense waves and drag things out.

LiQuid!

Someone on reddit said they need to add all Hydroid augments to his base functionality and then just make a fully new set of augments... That would be a nice start IMO.

ViviOggi

czSXP9GNTWmdl52_fC6B6Q.png

The reroll looks stronger to me but I haven't really figured out the details of status chance and status duration, so I'd really appreciate your thoughts fellow Tenno

The reroll looks stronger to me but I haven't really figured out the details of status chance and status duration, so I'd really appreciate your thoughts fellow Tenno

Status duration is generally a junk stat. On the Mios you might lose some slash procs but you're hitting the enemy so often with something that it won't matter. The right is better for the status chance and range. Too bad you rolled impact there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom