• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well with energy overflow dead i guess I'll just have to put rakta dark dagger in every single frame now lol. It's a shame, I quite liked that passive, it was a bit busted but it felt like it should have just been in the game as instead of how weak energy siphon is.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah I'm really digging the dynamic feel of plains of eidelon. Hopefully it'll solve that age old problem a lot of vets have. Where they log in but don't really end up playing as much as sitting in the liset.

Eidelon looks like it's going a long way to just letting you go out into the plains and just letting you do stuff for hours on end. Hopefully the rewards from the dynamic missions and killing eidlons will be good, but the reworked arcanes system seems like it's gonna keep a lot of people busy for a while.

Edit: it would be really cool if your warframe regenerates energy rapidly while you're in operator mode. To encourage you to jump in and out.

Focus is system that desperately needs an overhaul, how can you have an entire school of it (unairu) with absolutely nothing useful in it? Most of the schools only have 1 or 2 (if you dont count the reduced cool down talent they all have) nodes that even matter.

Zenurik has the god tier energy regen
Naramon has the bullshit cheese infinite invis with melee crits and more affinity on melee kill
Varazin has the instant revive thingies and the extended affinity range which you can use to great effect with Trinity
Madurai has the slash proc thing
Unairu has nothing.

Wont get any argument from me, i don't even care much for the system.

Personally I feel like the way they introduced the operator was a mistake, it kinda ruined some of the mystique of the warframe for me.

The armour set and the fact they want the operator to be more involved in combat, I'm hoping we can turn the operator into a sort of mini frame. Maybe not quite as strong or fast as an actual frame but similar.
I also hope there is enough cool armour so I can hide the fact the operator is a 12yr old kid.

I actually quite liked the look at the glass frame and the general vibe of the plains though.

Personally I feel like the way they introduced the operator was a mistake, it kinda ruined some of the mystique of the warframe for me.

The armour set and the fact they want the operator to be more involved in combat, I'm hoping we can turn the operator into a sort of mini frame. Maybe not quite as strong or fast as an actual frame but similar.

I could be totally off base (and probably am) but I imagine them introducing Operators in this context as somebody that maybe provides more utility or something in a given encounter. Currently they still provide that, although i think it's quite boring.

I definitely think this is wishful thinking, but I could see the Operator that would do the "mechanics" of a traditional raid boss or something (not that there will be raids), while the Operator swaps back to the Warframe in order to do damage. Alternatively, somebody could be required to be an Operator to keep a weakpoint open in order for the rest of the team (as Warframes) to do damage to the big boss or something like that.

That's ideally how I see it, as I think Warframes in general serve their purpose of doling out a bunch of damage. I think Operators could be a part where they add in more interesting mechanics.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
thinking.gif

Haly ur the woooooooooooooorst

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
any recommendations on kb&m button remapping?

I only remap two things, I make melee attack left click and melee channel E when I have melee weapon equipped as my dedicated weapon. I find that clicking makes it more comfortable to do combos with.

The other thing is I make mousewheel up be switch weapons and mousewheel down be equip melee.

I could be totally off base (and probably am) but I imagine them introducing Operators in this context as somebody that maybe provides more utility or something in a given encounter. Currently they still provide that, although i think it's quite boring.

I definitely think this is wishful thinking, but I could see the Operator that would do the "mechanics" of a traditional raid boss or something (not that there will be raids), while the Operator swaps back to the Warframe in order to do damage. Alternatively, somebody could be required to be an Operator to keep a weakpoint open in order for the rest of the team (as Warframes) to do damage to the big boss or something like that.

That's ideally how I see it, as I think Warframes in general serve their purpose of doling out a bunch of damage. I think Operators could be a part where they add in more interesting mechanics.

In terms of gameplay what you suggested is probably better, I guess I'm just too hung up on my dislike of the direction they went with the operator from a lore perspective and I just want to erase that from my mind anyway I can.

goblin

I never play Mag, but I think I want the Mag deluxe skin. =/

Glass frame seems okay. I'm glad they switched up her helmets, because now she looks more like a sentai villain.

Don't really care what they do to Focus as far as Operator combat goes, but it needs to be easier to earn a reasonable amount of points relative to ability costs through normal gameplay. If Equinox farming continues to be the difference between ~1-5k Focus/play session and capping, I'll probably keep on ignoring the the whole thing.

any recommendations on kb&m button remapping?

If you have buttons to spare, I like having secondary movement on mouse: toggle sprint, regular crouch, roll. Also gear hotkeys on F1-F4 for restores.

Manzoon

Banned

I also hope there is enough cool armour so I can hide the fact the operator is a 12yr old kid.

I actually quite liked the look at the glass frame and the general vibe of the plains though.

The operator reveal for me was 100% different, where I had been playing for dozens and dozens of hours and speculating on what was going on. And then I did my space baby mission and it was really cool with that context. The story reveals have been a slow trickle considering the entire life time of the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There should be passive 3 energy regen straight up. Scale it with levels of DE really hates people using their abilities. 1/1/2/3

The popularity of Naramon should make it obvious that what people really want to do is use their defining abilities.

One of the things I regret about the Operator reveal is that they remove what little personality the Warframes had.

This is Mesa, the vagabond, the outcast.
Do you feel lucky, Tenno? Mesa's got the fastest guns in the stars.
Mesa was first revealed in Devstream 41, when Art Director Mike "Mynki" Brennan displayed her concept art.
According to Brennan her default helmet is actually blindfolded, as she enjoys a challenge during fights.

With the revelation that the frames are just glorified robots..., what does that mean for Mesa's "blindfold"?

Manzoon

Banned
One of the things I regret about the Operator reveal is that they remove what little personality the Warframes had.

With the revelation that the frames are just glorified robots..., what does that mean for Mesa's "blindfold"?

It makes duplicates appearing in a group make sense, as opposed to not at all. If you want some justification, there could be latent skills in the Warframe that let's the operator use them effectively. They're all copies anyway.

I didn't realize people were that upset about the operators, it helps the game stand out a bunch. I'm glad you aren't just another space marine.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You never were a space marine though, you're a lost biomachine of a forgotten age!
With the Shrine completely defended, the voice introduces itself as Silvana, the Archimedean responsible for both Titania and the Silver Grove, now permanently bound to the latter by Transference. When the Orokin learned that she pilfered their resources to create the grove, a battalion of Dax soldiers was sent to burn down the forest, but they were cut down by Titania. Titania's wounds claimed her in this battle, and she died in the Silver Grove, protecting the woman who hated her the most – Silvana. Amaryn vows that the player will allow Titania to fly once more, earning Silvana's gratitude.
I guess there was an operator a long time ago called Titania who used a Warframe that had Titania's abilities, and now that operator is dead and we "inherited" the frame.

VandalD

DE had an AMA that I'm going through now and I saw this.

We answered something like this earlier, but based on the recurring interest we are definitely looking to include aspects of the loved Focus passives possible in the overhauled Arcanes.

So Energy Overflow might end up as a new arcane effect. That's one way to get everyone into the plains, I suppose. I think shadow step already has an arcane equivalent from trials. It'd be nice if they solved the underlying feast or famine energy problem, but they've allowed the game to sit with current power costs and Zenurik passive regen for almost two years now. Losing that may put off a large amount of people.

Manzoon

Banned
You never were a space marine though, you're a lost biomachine of a forgotten age!

I guess there was an operator a long time ago called Titania who used a Warframe that had Titania's abilities, and now that operator is dead and we "inherited" the frame.

It was kind of up in the air early on if you were wearing the frame or not, then it was slowly revealed that there wasn't enough in the frame to constitute a person (Alad V and the Zanuka stuff). I know you were never a space marine, but the entire idea of
the orokin using child soldiers
casts everything in a way weirder and darker tone than other options. The biomachine angle could have worked, but I find this much more interesting since the player is very much acting as the operator.

Warframes are a bit like...
Pokemon. They're all bodies infested with technocyte, which makes them mostly metal. They retain a certain level of consciousness. The technocyte is what provides them the resilience to not instantly vaporize while inhabited by a tenno, while the tenno provide the energy and will to move and fight.

Mesa's "blindfold" is simply a stylized look shaped by the virus and the will of the operator.

Manzoon

Banned
Glad that I'll be able to get arcanes without running the raid, which I never did. I just heard horror stories from a friend that ran it a lot.

I was shocked at how many people were watching the stream. It's nice to see this game have success. As a player of both this and marvel heroes it's amazing to see how both games have ebbed and flowed. MH keeps getting worse and worse after a pretty strong revamp. This game just seems to be getting better with minor stumbles along the way. I didn't even think about buying into destiny 2 after I started replaying this.

FeArTriX

I was shocked at how many people were watching the stream. It's nice to see this game have success. As a player of both this and marvel heroes it's amazing to see how both games have ebbed and flowed. MH keeps getting worse and worse after a pretty strong revamp. This game just seems to be getting better with minor stumbles along the way. I didn't even think about buying into destiny 2 after I started replaying this.

How many people watched the stream?

Manzoon

Banned
I'm the same. I hope it's not POE only arcanes as well.

I think it was over 25K at its peak.

Yeah, I'm hoping there isn't a huge disparity between the two sets. I might have to do that raid at some point...

Having just done The second dream, I was happy none of this was spoiled for me

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Was a cool surprise, felt like it should have had a second title drop.

Warframe lore spoiler in regards to the new stuff shown

I thought it was fairly well known that the kids (you the player/operator) aren't actually in the Warframes but control them via transference (which was created to keep their void abilities in check)

Wait does Ingis not work on the disks for Kela's fight anymore or is mine garbage.

Nope apparently its just my Ignis :(

Got a Riven mod so i guess its not time for RNGGod to have fun with me as yet.

Manzoon

Banned
Wait does Ingis not work on the disks for Kela's fight anymore or is mine garbage.

Nope apparently its just my Ignis :(

Got a Riven mod so i guess its not time for RNGGod to have fun with me as yet.

The ignis definitely does, a friend always brings his to do those super fast. I don't know if he has sinister reach on it or not, he has done this with the base ignis and the wrait. I also got another Riven today, for the single Cestra of all things...

FeArTriX

I was running some relics missions, I was so lucky that I played with some one who had Nova prime relics .

We played 4 times and got the whole set . It was the first time for me to be this lucky in warframe .

It feels good

I was running some relics missions, I was so lucky that I played with some one who had Nova prime relics .

We played 4 times and got the whole set . It was the first time for me to be this lucky in warframe .

It feels good

Congrats, I'm a bit jelly because I really want Nova Prime :/ Yesterday I got the final Rhino Prime part from someone though, so that's nice.

I liked what I saw in the dev stream. Still a bit cautious about the combat operator; hopefully they've made the transitions snappier and added some mobility. I haven't really cared about Focus so far, so revamping that stuff is just fine for me.

The "ehhh it's difficult we don't know" universal vacuum response in the reddit AMA got the appropriate response :p Hopefully they'll put some more consideration into that after getting PoE out of the way.

Maybe, but their "large enough" probably isn't what most players expect. If it's comparable to a fully upgraded Vacuum, then it's effectively the same thing but always active and I'd guess they want something smaller. We'll see.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this such an issue for DE? It's a vital game play system that forces you to use one sentinel when they could just make the frame do it so ppl can use whatever pet they want. The default pickup radius is pathetic without vacuum and kills the game flow. I don't get shit like this or the hema bs. It's not rocket science Steve ffs.

Manzoon

Banned

It feels good

Gratzi, she was a weird one to farm up back in the day, the rarest piece dropped from Orokin Derelict Survival at 20 minutes.

Why is this such an issue for DE? It's a vital game play system that forces you to use one sentinel when they could just make the frame do it so ppl can use whatever pet they want. The default pickup radius is pathetic without vacuum and kills the game flow. I don't get shit like this or the hema bs. It's not rocket science Steve ffs.

Vacuum being available to every sentinel is a new revelation for me, it used to only be on Carrier before I picked the game up again recently. I'm sure they're looking at the usage metrics and seeing that every body has vacuum on their sentinels and realizing it's a core element of the game. People used to rely on Mag pulling items, before her nerf, because there was a sort of rare, but significant, bug that would kill runs; Carrier would suck up items in a huge cloud that you couldn't collect unless it died.

Tabby

It feels good

Nice. Same thing happened to me with Hikou Prime, I make it a point to never get rid of vaulted items.

It's some game design shit for the core team. "Environmental Engagement" would be lost with it. Which is a shit excuse but it's at least a reason which is more than they said in the past.

VandalD

Whatever design decision they have for not giving us universal vacuum, it's pretty much negated by the fact that almost everyone uses a sentinel to get around that design decision and it hasn't hurt the game. The only time I don't use a sentinel is when I'm kuva farming, and that's only because my cat has a very small chance of doubling kuva.

Whatever design decision they have for not giving us universal vacuum, it's pretty much negated by the fact that almost everyone uses a sentinel to get around that design decision and it hasn't hurt the game. The only time I don't use a sentinel is when I'm kuva farming, and that's only because my cat has a very small chance of doubling kuva.

Man that Smeeta nerf still stings :(

Yeah its a bit strange when they seem to want to do stuff to support diversity but then make decisions like that. I mean they added kubrow, sveeta and those infested dogs that I cant think of the name of. They put the effort into them by why use them when they dont have a vacuum ability? Its like the focus tree: sure you made 5 trees, but only one of them provides me energy and allows me to cast my abilities more frequently, why would I look at the others (well, the one that makes you go stealth is sweet). People tend to pick and build towards the path that resolves problems in the game:
energy, ammo, etc running out or drop pick ups needed: run the thing that supports universal vacuum
have a frame that has a lot of expensive abilities: run the focus school that allows for energy regen

It's disappointing that they then do half steps of "oh gee whiz we didnt think people liked this so much, maybe we will do X" and how often has that come to pass? I mean the focus system has been in beta for a few years, you would think they have the stats for what everyone runs (or even just feedback) and recognize "why is everyone using energy regen?" Further, I think the debate of will they or wont they add in universal vacuum has been going for a while with the DE response being "we will see based on fan response" every time its brought up.

I think PoE looks pretty awesome. Has a Guild Wars 2/Destiny vibe to me with the open area and random public events and quests. I am disappointed at the rebuild of the focus tree to empower the operator, some of the least fun I have had with this game. Bleeding out while my squad mates dont come and revive me is more fun than playing the operator. Its the most painful forced sections in the recent story releases and I guess kuva farming (I havent really dont kuva farming as I dont really have any riven).

The ignis definitely does, a friend always brings his to do those super fast. I don't know if he has sinister reach on it or not, he has done this with the base ignis and the wrait. I also got another Riven today, for the single Cestra of all things...

It seems to not work on the initial platform (almost like its too weak to destroy it) but i'll have to check it out some more.

The saddest (and also hilarious) takeaway from that sortie was my Frost utterly failing to shield the missile strike LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom