• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vault Runs have become notably worse since the keys now require traces instead of T1 Trash you can throw away. I wish I had built up a stock of them before the changes.

I might be tempted to just go and buy one off trade. I've actually only found one HC in my entire playtime even when I was actively doing vault runs.

Vault Runs have become notably worse since the keys now require traces instead of T1 Trash you can throw away. I wish I had built up a stock of them before the changes.

I might be tempted to just go and buy one off trade. I've actually only found one HC in my entire playtime even when I was actively doing vault runs.

You don't have to bring a relic to a fissure to get traces, I did a few relic-less runs to build up my stockpile of traces for refining relics, you even get extra with a resource booster.

You don't have to bring a relic to a fissure to get traces, I did a few relic-less runs to build up my stockpile of traces for refining relics, you even get extra with a resource booster.

Sure, but it's still an extra layer of work for what was just tossing a simple T1S key into the furnace for example.

Also Smeeta's resource/XP doubler works on them too.

sophora

The Silver Grove U4 hits with a weekend tactical alert.

The Silver Grove: U4

Long Shadow Tactical Alert
hCEvZkm.jpg

Tactical Alert and New Weapon Skins Available!

Tenno,

We have just received word from a strange source near Ceres -- the elite Nightwatch Corps are active again. We need to know what they’re up to. Travel to Ceres and intercept their communications. Good luck, Tenno.

The Lotus

Take on the latest Tactical Alert and find out how you can stop whatever the Nightwatch Corps are planning! To begin, head to Navigation and load into the first Tactical Alert mission on Ceres!

Rewards:
  • 1st Mission - 50,000 Credits + 800 Endo
  • 2nd Mission - Exilus Adapter
  • 3rd Mission - Orokin Upgrade Pack
  • 4th Mission - Stratos Emblem

Find out what the Nightwatch Corps is planning between now and Monday, October 3 at 3 p.m. EDT.

Oi5ThNW.jpg

The new Nightwatch Skin Pack will include skins for: Grinlok, Tonkor, Marelok, Brakk, Diriga, Dual Cleavers, Machete and Jat Kittag. Find them in the Market today!

Additions

• 30 more entries from the Codex Art Contest 3.0 have been added as Displays in your Landing Craft (more to come)!
  • Added a mini-map marker for Ayatan Stars.
  • Added a buff-icon and timer for the Zenistar's disc projectile.
Changes

• Visually updated the Argon Crystal resource container.
  • Increased the Mod drop-rate for Shield-Hellion Dargyns.
  • Removed the flare FX from the Firewalker Mod due to poor visibility reports.
  • Carrier’s Vacuum and Corpus Scavenger Drones will no longer be able to pick up or affect the placement of Ayatan Stars. This was causing Stars to become unreachable or falling through the floor.
  • A sound will now play when you find an Ayatan Star in loot containers.
Conclave Fixes

• Fixed ‘ammo’ Mods not applying until after first reload in Conclave.
  • Fixes
  • Fixed missing Codex entry for Ayatan Sculptures and Stars.
  • Fixed missing Codex entry for Lunaro.
  • Fixed getting teleported away when clipping the side of the Defense cryopod platform.
  • Fixed the Redeemer unintentionally having a slower charge shot as per:
  • Fixed the Sarpa sometimes firing "blanks" with Bullet Dance or blank stance.
  • Fixed the Zenistars disc returning to AFK/dead players.
  • Fixed a grammatical error in the Manduka Pack description.
  • Fixed black screen during mission fly in cinematic.
  • Fixed Syndicate Medallions spawning in unreachable areas.
  • Fixed not being able to replay The Second Dream cinematic in the Codex.

The Silver Grove: U4.1

Changes
  • You can now access your Inventory screen when in the Dojo.
  • Removed unintended tileset. (shhhh secrets!)
Fixes
  • Fixed various translation errors.

I already ran the four missions of the tactical alert today with pubs. It's pretty difficult if you don't bring the right gear. Expect to deal with lv.30 enemies.

I ran my Ember Prime built for power efficiency with Firequake augment. Kept it up most of the time and it helped keep Grineer knocked down around me. Ended up using the Steel Meridian's Vaykor Hek and Marelok. Abused the Telos Boltace's spin passive with my primed reach lmao...Modded for corrosion/blast/puncture damage types to deal with the sheer armor that they have. That armor was ridiculous around the end of the missions, especially for the heavy Nightwatch units. Brought my Helios to scan the units, just in case they ever add them to the codex later.

MightyKAC

Pretty quick event overall (unless I'm missing something).

Tore right through it with Frost Prime on the first few defense missions and then with Inaros
on the last few survival ones.

Still, it was a good chance to grab some useful potatoes and a few other items.

Only down side of this is it's making me REALLY thirsty for The War Within to come out...

sophora

Havn't played this in forever, especially since the change to void. How does it work now?

Void has been changed to just another location on the star chart to visit. To replace Void keys, DE created the Relics and Void fissure mission mechanic.

Relics are essentially one random roll at a prime part in it's own drop table. You're able to affect the drop table by spending "void traces" to refine it to have a higher chance at a rarer roll. You get void traces at the completion of void fissure missions. Relics are divided into four tiers, each one requiring a higher level void fissure mission to be completed to do.

Void fissure missions replace the Void key missions. They are missions that are available on a random node in the star chart for 30-90 minutes. When you start these missions you are able to select a relic OR run it without it for void traces only. In these missions void fissures spawn in void mobs and corrupt the local mobs. Killing the corrupted mobs have a chance to drop reactant needed to open relics with. You gather 10 and complete the mission. Depending on the quality of refinement on your relic, you will get a random roll at that relic's drop table. If you run with another person, if you do not like what you got on your roll but like what they got, you can just select their roll as your prime part.

Now players can run the same relic refined to radiant to get the rarest thing, and technically have four chances at the roll in the drop table. The only issue is relic farming, which isn't too bad since they are awarded alot in missions.

The only issue is relic farming, which isn't too bad since they are awarded alot in missions.

Until new relics drops for the new primes, then you will have to farm those first.

Other from that i like this new system, especially the increased roll chances and the fact you can pick someone else's item

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the new mode shown in the devstream looked cool, the tileset looks fucking amazing.

Hey everyone, friendly neighborhood liaison and small businesstenno here with a fun proposition from Rapidx of the GB Clan for anyone who'd like to participate.

Basically we're all super hype that quest replays are coming, because who doesn't want to do the Second Dream again? Especially now that we know we want to go full fashionframe on it and what to expect out of it. Rapid would like to put together a transitioning sequence kind of like what we saw with the War Within trailer. All you have to do is start recording from the reservoir moment and going to the end of the quest. He plans to do some nice cuts between each of us and do picture-in-picture for the fighting bits.

Ideally, if you can manage recording in 1080/60 that would be best. But if that's too much, we might bump down to 720/60. And, of course, this is all contingent on it being a bug-free, on time release from DE. So, well, who knows what's going to happen. All the details will be coming later, like how to contact Rapid and send him the video, but I wanted to let you all know what was brewing.

Thankfully by time I did Second Dream Saryn Prime had come out and I went full fashion frame in general with her so my cutscenes looked awesome lol.

But will jump back into this game soon after I finish Dragon Quest Heroes. Need something a bit lighter to cut the time between now and Final Fantasy/Pokemon this month.

sophora

InfestedFrame looks interesting. Just finished ranking up the Fragor Prime and Sarpa. Need to forma both and get Bullet Dance sometime later.

Naite

Fighting the kuva guardians are such a pain in the ass and I have no idea what you're supposed to do with the version that show up in grineer missions.

The new mod type might be interesting but the requirements to unlock them are a bit much. Also peeve'd that the one I got from the quest is a crappy zhuge-only mod.

FiraB

Banned
Considering this "expansion" was three separate updates, overall I'm rather impressed by the whole package. However I can already see glaring issues with these Riven mods, the ones in my clan we've discovered make some weapons just ludicrously more powerful then they already are.

I do like the new assault game-type and the new tileset, but where are they really going to take things next.

The quest was nice.

New tileset is pretty sweet.

The riven mods... not sure what to think. I'm one of those that hates base damage mods and wants to see them gone with the entire mod system reworked. From the comments in the devstreams, it seemed like they were going that way, but then they release randomized mods.

Mods which can turn out like this:

T0cZ8mY.png

At max rank, that gives +105% multishot and +202.5% damage. For the TONKOR.

On one hand:

OHwrhL9.jpg

On the other:
Giving players yet another damage mod to stack. The more they do stuff like that, the harder it is to make a meaningful change to the mod system, ensuring it stays boring.

Arrrammis

Man, I wish that the foundry would tell you what mastery rank each item requires. I need to build one that is above rank 5, but I have no idea what items qualify.

Just finished it and that was very interesting. The story in particular is getting very intriquing.

Also that's one way to deal
with Umbra, just fucking remove it all together LOL

Khrae

See there's been another update for this, feel like diving back in for a bit.

Haven't played this since... early 2015? Will my existing stuff (lvl 20 Rhino etc) still be decent, or will I need to spend a month and my new found enthusiasm to replay it grinding the materials to craft new gear?

I have no intention of spending any money.

See there's been another update for this, feel like diving back in for a bit.

Haven't played this since... early 2015? Will my existing stuff (lvl 20 Rhino etc) still be decent, or will I need to spend a month and my new found enthusiasm to replay it grinding the materials to craft new gear?

I have no intention of spending any money.

Power creep isn't really a thing in Warframe. My Excalibur dates back to closed beta in 2013 and I have no trouble handling anything thrown my way.
Vast majority of weapons can handle everything in the starchart just fine. You only need to worry about best gear if you want to go on really long endless missions and sorties.

Khrae

Power creep isn't really a thing in Warframe. My Excalibur dates back to closed beta in 2013 and I have no trouble handling anything thrown my way.
Vast majority of weapons can handle everything in the starchart just fine. You only need to worry about best gear if you want to go on really long endless missions and sorties.

If I remember where I was I was just about able to solo the lower level void missions with Rhino, but it all seemed a bit too grindy.

I'm quite happy just running missions and levelling up new gear, I just lose interest and log off when I see huge grinds for cool looking new gear, which is pretty much where I was before,

I'd filled out my inventory with maxed out stuff, so I was going to need to ditch items I liked or spend more money, plus spend a month grinding for the mats. It's been a while since I logged in, so the specifics of what I have are pretty vague to me now.

edit* It's finished installing so I shall give it an hour or so this evening and see how it goes.

Arrrammis

Finally got the war within unlocked, and I think it's bugged. I'm at the part
after you meet the Queen's and come back. SORDOS is ordered to kill me, and I'm supposed to escape. But the door won't open, there no prompts anywhere. Just me, locked in the room, with my tiny death robot shooting at me. Any suggestions?
Edit: alt+f4'd out, now it works. Ugh.

Finally got the war within unlocked, and I think it's bugged. I'm at the part
after you meet the Queen's and come back. SORDOS is ordered to kill me, and I'm supposed to escape. But the door won't open, there no prompts anywhere. Just me, locked in the room, with my tiny death robot shooting at me. Any suggestions?
Edit: alt+f4'd out, now it works. Ugh.

Same thing happened to me, then you can't end the mission officially either due to not having the option.

At least it was good enough to place you back once you relogged.

Also got a Riven mod for the Flux Rifle...hooray

VandalD

Mine is for the Attica, faster flight speed and crit dmg.

Attica shares the lowest critical multiplier of all bows with the MK1-Paris.

kunk-rum.gif

Also got a Riven mod for the Flux Rifle...hooray

Nothing but great luck here on GAF, I see. Haven't gotten another riven from a sortie yet either. I really thought there would be a lot more meat to the endgame in this update. After playing the quest, I'm back to just doing sorties and making sure I have enough Forma blueprints. Guess I could farm more Kuva, but that gets repetitive real damn fast.

Also, I suppose they're just throwing any idea of balance out the window. I mean, Warframe was already a really unbalanced game. Now we have these super mods that very few people will be able to get, that can randomly work on what are already the best weapons. They can't possibly balance this for a wide audience. And they went one step further with making riven mods tradeable. So even if it comes down to the entire system being a disaster (which I think it is), changing it will mean fucking around with the trades people made with their plat.

VandalD

Prisma Gorgon and Gorgon Wraith are decent weapons, so you can at least re-roll.

clock-eyebrow.gif
That's my third reroll, actually. The first two versions were just as bad. The kuva costs quickly get ridiculous. It could be a good mod, but the chances are so bad, and the grind takes so long, that I'm probably not going to bother. The process of getting more kuva just isn't fun.

sophora

Been trying my hand at revealing my Riven mod. Challenge on it is: "Complete a lv.30+ Exterminate with no detection and with Hobbled Dragon key equipped." So I've been running Pluto exterminates, since Kuva siphons have that chance of spawning in high level grineer stuff. I just finished a perfect stealth run, then I realize I don't have Hobbled Key on...damnit lol

Been trying my hand at revealing my Riven mod. Challenge on it is: "Complete a lv.30+ Exterminate with no detection and with Hobbled Dragon key equipped." So I've been running Pluto exterminates, since Kuva siphons have that chance of spawning in high level grineer stuff. I just finished a perfect stealth run, then I realize I don't have Hobbled Key on...damnit lol

Just Loki it, even with Hobbled :p

VandalD

Just Loki it, even with Hobbled :p
Ivara works pretty well too, if you want to be sure you never drop invisibility in front of someone. Just stick a silencer mod on a weapon and clean up.

sophora

Been using Loki with bow, trickier challenge than you guys think apparently. No luck revealing the riven mod. Woo for spending a couple minutes just waiting for groups to disperse and keeping track of who can see who. Least it lets me practice the new stealth mechanics now...

Been using Loki with bow, trickier challenge than you guys think apparently. No luck revealing the riven mod. Woo for spending a couple minutes just waiting for groups to disperse and keeping track of who can see who. Least it lets me practice the new stealth mechanics now...

If the bow is strong enough to kill them with one draw it shouldn't be much of an issue but i also feel having a good melee would help since its a matter of getting behind them for a stealth kill (add Covert Lethality for an extra humph).

I use his Hushed Invisibility augment so any weapon he uses while invisible is completely silent and that weapon is usually enough to take them out quickly.

With that Loki has 3 methods covered (strong Bow, strong Secondary that is now silent and a strong Melee or a Dagger with Covert Lethality).

Need to Level Ivara as she sounds fun for this stuff also.

VandalD

I didn't have to do any of that. Maybe they changed it. I had the same challenge (except with a bleeding key), and all I did was make sure no alarms went off and no one physically saw my Ivara. Stuck a silencer mod on Akstiletto Prime and just mowed everyone down. They entered the semi-alert state, but they never saw me. You are equipping the riven mod to your bow, right? It has to be equipped to your rifle slot to unveil it.

Naite

After trying out all the new TWW weapons, I'm pretty meh on all of them except the Zarr. Crit chance is still pretty decent even if it isn't as high as Tonkor. Been killing myself a lot lately after putting a potato on it, mainly because of the timing on switching between fire modes doesn't register and then I fire a grenade point blank.

Orvius seems kinda interesting, but I don't really care for glaive weapons when something like the redeemer exists.

I did every sortie since the release of war within and got 0 riven mods.
tears.gif

I've gotten only one on the first day, and nothing but 2000 endo ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom