• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - New Gameplay Footage

Giant Bomb said that both the PC and PS4 versions were available, so maybe we'll see one for the PC later?

Oh, I really hope so.
I've been waiting for so long to see how the game truly is. Will be a huge letdown if the only thing we'll see is console footages after all this time.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
One thing about the spider tank not shown in the broll is that it can walk vertically on buildings, and you can jump from one to another, go on the roofs and all. Very well done, and surprising considering it's "just" a mini game.

Sojgat

I really like what I'm seeing, but why do all the cars seem to just be sitting around unlocked?

What happened to this?

XsCuAK7.gif

One thing about the spider tank not shown in the broll is that it can walk vertically on buildings, and you can jump from one to another, go on the roofs and all. Very well done, and surprising considering it's "just" a mini game.
Nice. Seems there us a lot to play around with.

Breakdown Robot

Neo Member
I will now be highly suspicious of every
taco van
I see when I play the game. All the multiplayer stuff looks awesome.

Also, cannot wait to mess with people using the app on my phone during lunch breaks at work.

This game looks looks really dull to me.
Yeah, none of this is clicking for me. The initial invasion/hack footage in the video made zero sense to me. No context whatsoever - just "hey there's a guy somewhere around here and now I have to kill him". Nobody dies and both parties kindof win.

The team oriented hacking looked more interesting but this kind of stuff always looks better when its staged with a team of players actually using tactics. Chances of seeing that kind of thing online? Maybe 5%

Yeah, they confirmed that all cars have a cockpit view that you can drive in.
OK, now THAT I like :)

Jobbs

Banned
I don't mean to upet the party, but does anyone else find this pretty unremarkable? It just looks like GTA with phone hacking giving facts about random npcs.

I'm open minded and I'll give it a fair shake, but it just hasn't grabbed my interest at all from the videos so far.

On-foot looks OK, but in-vehicle looks hysterically bad. It's like the car is skating on ice - just looks so off, and that's nothing to do with lighting or texture quality or the like.

High-quality assets mean nothing if the entire illusion of immersion isn't there.

(aka "Spend more money on animators, Ubisoft, plz k")

Caayn

I really like what I'm seeing, but why do all the cars seem to just be sitting around unlocked?

What happened to this?

XsCuAK7.gif
If you look at the second video in the OP and watch around 3:20 you can see that Aiden seems to hack the car rather than it just sitting around unlocked. You see the turn signals flash and the car make a sound, he has his phone in his left hand the entire time.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I didn't get a Nexus 7. No Nexus 7 were given out at the San Francisco Ubisoft event.

From what our PR guy told us, and he's the rare trustworthy kind, The Nexus 7 "incident" was isolated to a few journos from the UK, no one else got anything besides the usual t-shirt.

Kyoufu

Liking the look of it. Hype slowly rising.

I must say, that robot insect minigame looks like it's a lot of fun.

viveks86

Top Bottom