• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - New Gameplay Footage

No its not, that footage is PS4 at 0.28 you can see the Square logo for Hacking!!

here

Wch8ZlL.jpg

and here

fReSfMU.jpg

Why lie?!!

you get ps4 controller prompts if you play ac4 on pc with a ds4.

BurnsyDelight

Neo Member
The only thing I can think of here is the idea that our demo was different from the one shown several weeks before - but that would be above and beyond strange.

lantus

Mmm looks like it could be quite a bit of fun, but I'm still not entirely sold on it yet. I'll wait to see some more in depth impressions before I jump in.

SparkTR

Definitely waiting for the DF verdict on this, Ubisoft are always so vague in regards to which versions are being shown. I mean, what do they have to gain with the confusion?

SJRB

Gold Member
I see we've devolved yet another WD thread to shittalking graphics and knee-jerking hyperbole by the usual suspects.

Quite the achievement, I must say.

hawk2025

The only thing I can think of here is the idea that our demo was different from the one shown several weeks before - but that would be above and beyond strange.

I'm sure you'll understand why we are skeptical. Last time we had this confusion and a bit of footage would "melt PS4s", it turned out quite differently.

I'll wait for more information, then!

Grumbul

From listening to the Giant Bomb video it sounds like a lot of the previous playable versions of the game were using Dual Shock 4's (and thus on DS4 on screen button prompts) on the PC version.

It also seems to be fairly unanimous that there is a big difference between the PC and PS4 versions of the game as well.

I honestly don't think any of the footage released today is PS4 footage.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
yeah you can see on gamersyde footage there's some aliasing

The antialiasing definitely isn't as good as Infamous', but it seems it's also only applied to the world/cars/characters. The HUD elements don't seem to have any sort of antialiasing, even the ones who are integrated in 3D into the game world, and since they contrast a lot with what's around them it's very visible.

R_Deckard

you get ps4 controller prompts if you play ac4 on pc with a ds4.

yeah..its probably not that!

I see we've devolved yet another WD thread to shittalking graphics and knee-jerking hyperbole by the usual suspects.

Quite the achievement, I must say.

Yep...that HyperBole has to Kick in at some point..lets make a bet how long classics like.

Looks worse that GTAIV
or
PS2 grafix confrimed

I mean we have people saying Dips below 30 confirmed from a poor quality YT segments..Well done guys..well done..

applause-gif-3.gif

I saw them playing the game at PAX East last weekend. It looked like it was running at maybe 20fps consistently. Very choppy, NPCs walking like robots, did not look good. I'm hoping it was a problem with the build, but my heart is telling me the PS4 version isn't going to be good.

N30RYU

The ppl should ask themselves... if watch_dogs looks better or on par with GTAV? does the next-gen port is on par with the AC4 next-gen port? Not if inFAMOUS SS looks better.

R3TRODYCE

Sub 30 fps is unacceptable especially with the type of graphics they are pushing. Really, even AC4 looks better than this game and that game looks bad.

I think the night sections look pretty good but the day time and his jacket look bad. I'm still in it for the kickass gameplay though.

yeah you can see on gamersyde footage there's some aliasing
Yes, it was clear that some aliassing would be visible. But i'd like to know if this is all pc or ps4. And apparently the ps4 version doesn't come CLOSE to the pc version (as one petson claims). If this is true, then shame on Ubi for making us believe this is all ps4. If this is false, then some people really need to figure out why they are such horrible forum members

Leb

From listening to the Giant Bomb video it sounds like a lot of the previous playable versions of the game were using Dual Shock 4's (and thus on DS4 on screen button prompts) on the PC version.

It also seems to be fairly unanimous that there is a big difference between the PC and PS4 versions of the game as well.

I honestly don't think any of the footage released today is PS4 footage.

Hmmm. The footage we saw today was totally serviceable, but if this were PC footage, I'm sure they'd have been capping it on a 780 or something and I can't believe we'd be seeing these kind of hitches/framedrops on a 780 with the graphics looking no better than they did.

viveks86

Giant Bomb

Go listen to the intro of this video then come back.

And that's a problem, why? If the high end PC version is a lot better than PS4 version, isn't that good news? It means they are pushing both systems as much as their engine can handle.

How about you relax for a bit before constantly trying to bash this game? Let's figure out if the gamersyde footage is PS4. If it is, then you have no point to prove. If it isn't, then take dump on it as much as you like.

And that's a problem, why? If the high end PC version is a lot better than PS4 version, isn't that good news? It means they are pushing both systems as much as their engine can handle.

How about you relax for a bit before constantly trying to bash this game? Let's figure out if the gamersyde footage is PS4. If it is, then you have no point to prove. If it isn't, then take dump on it as much as you like.
Sure, if it actually looks bad on PS4, then he has every reason.

Alright - I wasn't aware that ACIV switches to DS4 prompts when used so this might explain things a bit...

or not.

I wish that we could get an honest answer from Ubisoft but given that we're a month away from release, I don't see that happening. Frustrating. I'm sure it will be a fun game but I'm really hoping that these dodgy developer practices end at some point.

mcrommert

Banned
Looks like a fun game

Don't give a crap about the graphics as long as there are no major technical issues

Fun always trumps tech...unless you are nintendo
/S

Nzyme32

The infamous comparisons are a bit unfair, something developed specifically for a platform will always perform better. That said, I'm not sure why the PS4 would have issues with too much aliasing, and wasn't it confirmed 1080p? Perhaps its some ify implementation of AA used in action heavy sequences is the issue

TheCloser

Banned

I don't have a problem with the pc version looking better and i expect it to look better. The part that is shocking is the complaints about low resolution and bad AA. The game is supposed to be native res and its advertised as a 1080p game so complaints about a low resolution should not exist. I watched the gamershyde footage and i was not impressed.

DukeBobby

Looks alright. I'm willing to give Ubisoft Montreal one last chance to impress me.

If I can pick it up for about £20 at release on PC, then it's worth a punt.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh man. This looks so damn amazing. I may have to get this day 1. But I'm sure that feeling will fade once the launch price ends up being 50 quid or more. Fucking next gen price hikes.

I don't have a problem with the pc version looking better and i expect it to look better. The part that is shocking is the complaints about low resolution and bad AA. The game is supposed to be native res and its advertised as a 1080p game so complaints about a low resolution should not exist. I watched the gamershyde footage and i was not impressed.
Yes, it should be 1080p on ps4.
Hopefully With some AA

TheCloser

Banned
I was referring to you saying AC4 looks bad. Like, c'mon...

Its my opinion. The character models and skin looks bad, the clothing looks bad, the beards look horrible, the hair looks even worse and the rocks look bad. I like the way the water looks but the ship model could be improved lighting wise. It just looked like a last gen game at 1080p. I guess i've been spoiled by Infamous, BF4 and KZ.

Top Bottom