• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - New Gameplay Footage

Hawk269

I'm defiantly picking this up , looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

It does indeed look like a lot of fun. Too bad some people need to nitpick stuff to death instead of perhaps looking at a game that looks to be fun. The MP stuff seems to have potential.

TheCloser

Banned
You're not seeing the PS4 version in any video today. You're seeing PC footage. I played the game earlier this month on PS4 - the footage you're seeing today is from a high-end PC. http://www.slashgear.com/watch-dogs-gameplay-first-impressions-hands-on-eyes-off-23326250/

If this is true, thats just embarrassing because those visuals aren't special at all. They are very average. In fact, sleeping dogs on pc looks significantly better and here i was about to compliment this game. I was actually thinking about purchasing it when it reached the ~$30 mark.

Sojgat

If you look at the second video in the OP and watch around 3:20 you can see that Aiden seems to hack the car rather than it just sitting around unlocked. You see the turn signals flash and the car make a sound, he has his phone in his left hand the entire time.

Thanks, I didn't catch that, but it makes sense though.

hawk2025

The b-roll footage I integrated in the interview looked 100% like the PS4 version I played 2 weeks ago. I didn't watch the multiplayer video so I can't comment on that one.

Thanks, I'll believe you over the other guy. The article linked seemed to have an odd axe to grind for some reason.

TheMan

Looks like people are getting positive impressions. Can't watch the vids myself till i get home, but I'm hopeful about the game again....been hungry for ps4 games for a while.

Dead

well not really...yet
So poker is confirmed according to the ubi blog

Also mini games where you kill aliens or obstacle course where you avoid skulls. This is different from the digital trip stuff.

Vlodril

In multiplayer are all the modes arena based or is there also an open world to play with friends like red dead or gta?

Trace

Banned
Looks good to me, happy I got it for $30 on that Indian Origin sale. Probably my most-looked forward to game of May.

Geez could they add any more UI on the screen?

Such a great looking game covered by UI in every corner, popping up in the middle of the screen, score notification pop ups, enemies with a highlight/glow around them... ugh.

Lime

lol everyone looks like Adan. That's a pretty good (non-intentional) meta-commentary on video game protagonists.

Oh shit you can kill civilians. I was thinking they might do some Ass Creed desynchronization bullcrap. It takes down your reputation points, but idgaf

R_Deckard

You're not seeing the PS4 version in any video today. You're seeing PC footage. I played the game earlier this month on PS4 - the footage you're seeing today is from a high-end PC. http://www.slashgear.com/watch-dogs-gameplay-first-impressions-hands-on-eyes-off-23326250/
No its not, that footage is PS4 at 0.28 you can see the Square logo for Hacking!!

here

Wch8ZlL.jpg

and here

fReSfMU.jpg

Why lie?!!

anddo0

The Eurogamer preview has me wary. It sounds like Ubi shoehorned a lot of features into the game.. Quality over quantity.

hawk2025

I played the PS4 version last week. This doesn't look like that - it doesn't even look close.

...yeah, Blim says it looks the same and he actually deals with super high-quality, precise video, and usually knows exactly what he's talking about.

I'm going to go ahead and believe the other guy until we hear otherwise.

matmanx1

Looks fun and pretty much like what I expected. Hopefully this is PS4 footage or the PS4 version looks pretty much like what they are showing.

Top Bottom