• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs or Sleeping Dogs?

SSReborn

Sleepy dogs for the original question. Out Of Gta and sleeping dogs I still enjoyed the latter better if we are talking solely Single Player.

Cardon

Sleeping Dogs all the way. Watch Dogs has some interesting concepts that feel a bit half-baked at times and a really poorly put together story.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
can't believe none of you jerks is gonna humor my updog joke

ironcreed

Banned
Sleeping Dogs was an instant classic for me. It's something straight out of a Kung Fu crime flick, set in a GTA-like structure. Just an amazing game. I still have to complete Watch Dogs, so there you go. But what I have played of it is pretty fun.

I prefer Watch Dogs. The story is terrible and the world isn't nearly as immersive as GTA V, but the cover combat, gunplay, stealth, hacking, Ubi towers (*gasp*) all provided a lot of gameplay enjoyment for me.

Online hacking and trailing (which are probably dead now) were also great.

Sleeping Dogs does have a better story and better atmosphere, and the melee combat is great, but it feels like an incomplete game with an abbreviated story, and the gameplay wasn't as enjoyable as Watch Dogs.

I liked Sleeping Dogs DE on PS4 much more, should be the same on PC then. Watch_Dogs on PC had awesome graphics according to a few screenshots on GAF, though.

Miguel81

Sleeping Dogs. That game had my attention the whole way through and the melee is extremely fun, unlike Watch_Dogs which feel like a chore in comparison. Plus, rainy Hong Kong nights are an eyegasm O.O

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sleepy Dawgs has the hand to hand combat system going for it. And a visually more interesting setting.

Why you should play Sleeping Dogs, in 3 images:

M2KdU3j.jpg

2D7uO68.jpg

NZL4dRP.jpg

I really wish I could force myself to finish Sleepy Puppies. It's really fun when I play it, but I can't just sit down and play it for hours.
Watch_Dogs is bad though.

Even if GTAV is an option, it's still Sleeping Dogs, it has more personality, a more interesting theme, a simple story but it's interesting to follow, a better sountrack and fantastic mission variety.

impact

Banned
Sleeping Dogs is really great. The only true contender to GTA imo

Watch Dogs had some cool ideas but ultimately fell victim to Ubisoft's production line. I couldn't stomach it to beat it.

One thing you should know is that both games have awful driving in comparison to GTA. Like, really bad.

ref

Sleeping Dogs by a mile.

It has a better atmosphere and story. The focus on martial arts also makes it a lot more refreshing and interesting to play opposed to Watch Dogs shooting.

Rakthar

In pretty much the same way that Sleeping Dogs was a constant pleasant surprise and exceeded my expectations at every turn while playing it, watch_dogs was a constant chore and let me down regularly while playing it.

I couldn't get over the mess that Ubisoft made of the protagonist, the story, the pacing, the missions, and I found the hacking gameplay really underbaked.

Sleeping Dogs was an intimate and fleshed out portrayal of Fake Hong Kong - I got pulled into the game and enjoyed it all the way.

Honestly, I enjoy both for different reasons. Watch Dogs will get the least amount of votes here as it was nowhere near the hype it received. Its a fun game but the characters and story are bland

I haven't played Sleeping Dogs, but as someone who recently started Watch Dogs it makes me pretty sleepy.

Even with my mid-range expectations it's still kind of a disappointment.

Top Bottom