• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What ever happened to that poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you browse older GAF threads, read posts by posters you recognise and never know what happened to that person or why they're not posting as much as they used to?

This happened to me when I was reading an old NPD thread. Seriously, what ever happened to Odysseus? His DS-snowman avatar was usually a sign of a good post to come. There was another guy I remember being amusing... name of Saitou or Saito or something. Where did he go?

Hmm...

I usually wonder who most of you people are....i've been around for 10 years and names change frequently but since i'm in the military i don't catch onto all the name changes and I definitely won't go back and read past threads to find out (i'm tooooooo lazy)

Eltacoman......Rubxcube....and Biffhardbody....

haven't seen em around lately, maybe they just post in threads i don't normally read though, always enjoyed reading their posts.

there's a lot more, i'm gonna have to think about this.

Those posters starting asking questions about where other posters had gone. I'd advise you not to make the same mistake. Shit goes deep man.

Swag

I always just assume they've moved on to happier pastures. It is pretty funny seeing old threads and all the bannings that happened :lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
I browse old threads and see

banned
banned
banned
banned
banned

and lol.
It's what happened to Lapsed, Fistfulofmetal, castle007 and _leech_ (pretty sure that last one isn't perma) and Crushed got nuked from orbit. I know about them.

It's more when they haven't been banned, but they're still gone anyway.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:

banned
banned
banned
banned
banned

and lol.
Pretty much this. I like to browse the archived threads and there are so many banned members.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Buckethead said:
That reminds me, I miss PantherLotus and his old avatar.
His new one isn't bouncy and cute enough.
Wait, did he change it? I stop browsing GAF for a week and this is what I get.

Ceres

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
It's what happened to Lapsed, Fistfulofmetal, castle007 and _leech_ (pretty sure that last one isn't perma) and Crushed got nuked from orbit. I know about them.

It's more when they haven't been banned, but they're still gone anyway.

Fistful got perma'd? :(

IrishNinja

wait, fist was that guy big on natalie portman, yeah? what happened there? i think i saw what went down with Crushed, i forget.
since we're doing this bi-weekly thread anyway: is stoney mason still banned? i liked his posts.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Black-Wind said:
Sometimes I think that they have run into hard times and stopped posting. :(

Or they lived alone and GAF was their only social outlet and they died a lonely and unfulfilled life, crying into their pillow at night and questioning their existence.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
and Crushed got nuked from orbit.
1z66vjt.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Every time Metalmurphy gets unbanned I keep wondering if he can go a week without getting banned again.

I miss surfer hurley dude, terrapin, dominus defunctorium, opa, and MAF!

i predict maybe 4 posters will know the others, other than MAF

(I used to be SnapdDragN btw).

weepy

I remember there were about three regulars I knew of when I first joined the site Flameofcallendor(sp?), Wilco, and Pinkatrope. Haven't seen any of those dudes post after 2006 and I'm not sure if they were banned or not.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
JohnTinker said:
lets take a moment to reflect upon the man we know as olimario

the guy who traded a psp for nude GF pix?:lol :lol :lol

jakncoke

Banned
Considering it's hard to follow gaf rapid daily post rate and me joining 3 years after the fact I do indeed go through old threads and read.

weepy said:
I remember there were about three regulars I knew of when I first joined the site Flameofcallendor(sp?), Wilco, and Pinkatrope. Haven't seen any of those dudes post after 2006 and I'm not sure if they were banned or not.

Callendor was, and pretty sure Wilco was too. Don't know about Pinkatrope.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I always wondered what happened to that guy MThanded . He used to post some good ass threads. Looks like we won't be hearing from that guy for a while.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
MThanded said:
I always wondered what happened to that guy MThanded . He used to post some good ass threads. Looks like we won't be hearing from that guy for a while.

kanyecry.gif

MIMIC

Banned
MThanded said:

You got juniored? :( That sucks.

When I entered this thread, two things crossed my mind:

banned
banned
banned
banned
banned

&

lets take a moment to reflect upon the man we know as olimario

Jangaroo said:
But will Evilore hold up his end of the bargain?! Dun dun dun...
No way. I think I read in some other thread that a poster actually pm'd Evilore offering 50$ to get fistful unbanned :lol

I always wonder where some of the mods are, since I don't remember seeing them for a long time, then when I look at their recent posts, it's just because I don't enter sports threads/certain big game threads/etc.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
MThanded said:
I remember that guy. Had a cool tag.

"For the love of God, stop posting new threads!" Or something.

I always assumed it was 'cause the topics were so good that they'd instantly cause 505 errors or something.

movie_club

weepy said:
ive seen wilco post

medrew

You either live long enough to get banned or you finish college and start work.

Plus I think the shear size of the forum pushed the established out and meant it was harder for people to stand out. I mean, shit, I thought this place was pretty big when I joined (around 10k at the time) but it was much easier to follow certain posters, or joke posters, subconsciously.

Swag

MThanded said:

:lol, paired with the avatar its perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom