• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you the best at, relative to everyone else?

Phediuk

Imagine if there was a leaderboard for every single video game ever made, that listed everyone who had ever played that game. Which game's board would you be the highest on?

I think for me it might be Metroid Fusion. Oddly. I mean, I'm not that passionate about the game (it's good, but hardly my favorite game ever or anything), but at one point, I was coming within 2 minutes of world record speed run times. I even wrote a guide for it on GameFAQs because I had the whole thing memorized.

How about you, GAF?

Ezalc

I thought this would be in regards to your own group of friends. Since that's not what the OP means then nothing, I'm a pretty average/bad player in regards to probably everything.

In my own circle of friends I'm probably the best at racing games.

Aeqvitas

I made it to the top 200 in Halo 2 Rumble Pit in college on my original GT (sadly I switched when 360 launched cause I wanted a better name, little did I know it would take me out of the running to get 10 year XBL rewards).

Now I load up MCC and get smashed. Turns out it is not like riding a bicycle after 10 years :'(

I'm pretty terrible at every competitive game I've ever played. My best was probably WoW PVE, since a few friends and I helped put together several very successful raiding coalitions while we were in college and managed to clear content competitively while still having fun.

We were never world firsts or even server firsts, but we kept competitive.

I'm better than most people I know at Smash and I do decent online, but I have no illusions of actually being good at the game. I've played people who are actually good and have the proper humility.

Left 4 Dead 2. Between the console and the PC versions I've easily put in over 3,000 hours. I know all the spawn points for things in campaign modes, enviormental tricks. I know it all. It is by far my favorite game in a while. I love to play versus but can rarely play one in full. People quit too easily. I get called a modder and get messages about aim bot on my Xbox 360 when I play sometimes. I Just devout my time to this game. I get good. I know how things work. It's totally satisfying to look at the leaderboard during loading and see me uptop with double digit kills and see everyone else in the single digits, special kills are the best thing ever.

bomblord1

Banned
Halo 3. When I finally got xbox live and got online I expected to be pretty bad (I had this game for at least 2 years and had played it almost daily against my friends/sibling) when I got on I found out I was actually pretty good because I was consistently on the top of the game.

I'm probably incredibly rust at this point though.

Foshy

Sound Shapes. I was #1 on the leaderboards on every deadmau5 level for some time. Got beaten by now, but still. Was very satisfying.

slop101

Banned
2D Mario games. I can get through Lost Levels losing just a couple lives here and there.

Same with the newer 2D Rayman games - basically 2D run&jump platformers are my jam.

None of my friends can come close (though very few of my friends play videogames).

At one point I was pretty damn good at Tekken 3/Tekken Tag Tournament, as in I could beat most people in my local arcade and on the Playstation/Playstation 2.

Super Pole Riders in Sportsfriends. I can utterly embarrass everyone I play. I like to use people to score against themself. There probably aren't many people who can beat me with any sort of consistency.

Also, I used to be the best Sir Dan player in PS All-Stars, I'm pretty sure. I could hang with the best Raidens and Coles 1v1 with a low tier character.

Dimmle

I'm pretty good at clearing bosses as fast as possible in Ocarina of Time but nothing special on the internet.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I would say Street Fighter 4.

I would win 50% online ranked matches over like 300 matches. I can beat anyone who DOESN'T know what they're doing... I won't lose to someone who picks up the controller and mashes stuff. I've played in a Tournament and never won a match set against anyone.

That makes me happy.

I am the best Kitana and Catwoman player in the world at Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice. Overall a top 10 player in both games.

Sensible Soccer on Amiga! I really was God tier at that.... Mind you the couple of decades may have provided a little confirmation bias to my opinion, although slinging them in from 40 yards on the diagonal was a pearler in anyone's books!

BPoole

I would say I'm significantly better than the average person at games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, or Bayonetta. For some reason I wasn't very good at Metal Gear Rising though

Senteevs

I'm pretty good at shooters, if you only take into account the people I know and play with.
Globally not a damn thing. I was first in one Titanfall online match 2 weeks ago. That's it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm also good at speed running Shovel Knight!

Judging by other times on Miiverse, I'm alright. Not good enough for VGQ or anything, but I'm happy with my effort!

maxcriden

I used to be really good at THPS2 for GBA.

more_3-225415_320w.jpg

At least, I thought I was good. I'm not sure how good I really was, though.

Mario Kart 8! I destroyed everyone on the GAF rooms when it first came out, and I assume at least some of them were relatively good. I stopped playing because I was sick of winning though, so I would hope I'm not as undefeatable anymore.

Um but in terms of speed runs, I remember I was high up there for Banjo Kazooie on XBLA lol

Ocarina of Time 3D glitchless

I'm not all time world record good but it's the game I most enjoy speedrunning and I've got my route practically down to a science.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

I was at uni when it came out and I had a lot of time on my hands, time which I spent becoming fucking awesome at that game. That is the closest I have come to complete mastery of a game.

Bl@de

Everyone who ever played the game?

In that case ... no game. I'm not super skilled in any title.

Oh... goodness... I'm not very good at video games.

I was a little okay at Mario Kart 8 when it first came out. I had a bunch of points in the online playing thing, because I kept winning.

I'm a little good at some Mega Man games, like Mega Man 1. When I practice a lot, I can beat it without losing once, and without using the select button glitch.

I'm really good at Yoshi for the Game Boy. I remember getting a "Video Games World Records" book from the library a long time ago and beating every high score in this game. I borrowed my mom's camera to take a picture every time I set a new record with the intent on getting the film printed and submitting it, but I found out later it didn't have film in it XD
This game was awesome.

Yoshi_GBC_ScreenShot3.jpg

Frillen

- I felt I was really good at F-Zero GX. I destroyed everything on the Master difficulty and my friends had zero chance of beating me.

- CoD4. Yeah I know kd, kd lol kd. But in all seriousness, I had a kd of somewhere between 4 and 5 during my last 5 prestiges. I exclusively used the M16 and outshot snipers from across the maps with the weapon. I even outduelled most people in close combat, even though the M16 was a three burster, who had SMGs. Hip firing with a three burster!

Neff

I'm 2 minutes off the world record for Claire A on RE2.

I have a very high skill level on Super Mario 64, relatively speaking, although I can't boast quick completion times.

Phediuk

In one of the Super Mario Advance games I actually maxed out the score counter in the Mario Bros arcade game. After about phase 20 the game didn't get harder anymore and kept using the same patterns, so it was almost trivial to survive after that.

Rivitur

Banned
Left 4 Dead 2. Between the console and the PC versions I've easily put in over 3,000 hours. I know all the spawn points for things in campaign modes, enviormental tricks. I know it all. It is by far my favorite game in a while. I love to play versus but can rarely play one in full. People quit too easily. I get called a modder and get messages about aim bot on my Xbox 360 when I play sometimes. I Just devout my time to this game. I get good. I know how things work. It's totally satisfying to look at the leaderboard during loading and see me uptop with double digit kills and see everyone else in the single digits, special kills are the best thing ever.
Same...Hit me up on Xbox I'll get you into the confogl scene

In my prime, I was probably the best overall player of Mario Superstar Baseball for GameCube. I devoted like 3 years to that game in middle school. Even deliberately taking the worst characters in the game I could easily pass the max score and shutout the computer on the highest difficulty.

I'm better than pretty much everyone I know personally at 2D platformers (especially Mega Man games) and Japanese rhythm games. Not sure where I'd stand on an overall scale, but I'm pretty good at both of those genres.

As a barometer, I can speed run pretty much every classic Mega Man and Mega Man X game and have gotten a "Superb" rating on every stage in Rhythm Heaven and Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Mupod

I've watched too many speedrun marathons to think I'm good at anything.

But Monster Hunter, I guess. Even then I've never done crazy feline heroics stunts like the stuff you see on youtube. But I cleared MHFU g-rank solo including the really bullshit missions like Descendants of the King.

Whenever I get really good at an online my skills and knowledge become outdated after I inevitably quit playing after a few weeks. For example I was a terror in MWO and planetside 2, but after years of balancing and metagame evolution I'm probably useless in them. I'm experiencing that with WoW right now.

Rnr1224

I believe I am better than the average player at pokemon. From playing every game over the years, all of the pokemon's names and typings are engraved in my mind. I never actively tried to memorize them. I just did for some reason.

Top Bottom