• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's gonna be your holiday game?

oti

Banned
Still have to wrap up Luigi U, Tropical Freeze, SM3DW, Rayman and Toad. Oh yeah and WindWaker and I wanted to replay OoT and ALBW and new games oh my.

jacobeid

Banned
Does no one use the word Christmas anymore??

GTAV and Either MCC or Wolfenstien... whichever I am bought. I never buy my own games around Christmas.

Some of us don't celebrate Christmas, and this thread is likely about the upcoming *Thanksgiving* holiday here in the states.

Thanks to OP for not being culturally insensitive.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm dividing up my time between Dragon Age and, I'm assuming, Monument Valley which I just picked up. Dragon Age scratches an itch I haven't been able to scratch since the winter I played Skyrim and Dark Souls for 400 hours. Monument Valley is getting such praise I can't ignore it.

Christmas day I'm getting CoD and, I believe, Metro Redux which I'm thinking will keep me until Bloodborne, which I'm thinking will keep me until Dark Souls: Whatever the fuck for PS4.

KorrZ

Dragon Age is definitely going to be my holiday game. I want to pick it up so bad...but I'm forcing myself to hold off. I need to finish The Evil Within and Unity first....at least....I still haven't finished Alien either....or Sunset Overdrive...gah

marcincz

Probably something on PS TV, which I am going to buy in December, so:
Muramasa
Killzone: Mercenary
Persona 4 golden

we'll see.

Celine

tumblr_nd8zuoJXZi1rbispdo2_400.gif

Melchiah

I'm all set for the rest of the year, and probably beyond, with DA:I, Mordor, Alien, and the add-ons for Driveclub, Destiny and Resogun. Assuming the latter comes in that time frame.

I've only own destiny for ps4 and am completely burnt out on it. So im picking up Diablo 3 UEE on Black Friday. Never played a Diablo game so I'm pretty excited.

Derpyduck

Banned
The plan was Halo MCC but due to that whole fiasco I returned the game and console and will be attempting to grab the Best Buy Wii U bundle on Thursday. If I manage that, it's going to be Smash, Mario Kart, Mario 3D World, Wind Waker, NSMBU and Toad.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Dragon Age Inquisition and Destiny when the expansion comes out. A bit of FIFA and Driveclub on the side. Also just ordered Shadow of Mordor and Wolfenstein. Doubt I'll get to those until after the new year though.

Galdius

I will definitely play Daze Before Christmas in December and Smash Bros for 3DS. My WiiU will se some playtime as I want to get Smash Bros for it and I'm playing Hyrule Warriors.

I'm looking for another game to play on the PS4/Xbone. I'm thinking about getting Dragon Age Inquisition for the PS4 but I have never played any Dragon Age game and I didn't like Skyrim (DA looks like Skyrim to me). I'm not really a fan of big open world games (with the exception of GTA and I have already played GTA V). I thought about getting Far Cry 4 but I think I will have the same problem that I had with Skyrim.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

witness

Dividing time between GTA and Dragon Age currently, on Thursday I'll end up buying Mordor. If I buy anything else this year it would be The Last of Us and Unity if it gets fixed and then goes on sale. I'm good until The Witcher regardless. I'll probaby jump back into Advance Warfare at some point. Don't have much time off, just a couple of long weekend (which I am really happy for) because I work.

As of right now I have no idea. I may not even have one this year. I really like Smash Bros. but it's not like having a new Zelda or Mario and it seems like the majority of other heavy hitters in the second half of the year are either broken, repetitive, or just plain underwhelming (yay for "AAA"). Dragon Age sounds like the only really viable one for me based on impressions but I don't have a console to play it on yet.

Banned
Smash. I Played it all weekend and maxed out my three amiibo's now I gotta get back to my XB1 backlog (MCC, MGSGZ, SO and KI).

I'll play it more consistently over the holidays.

ys45

I have a bunch of jrpgs in my backlog :

Fairy Fencer F
AR No Surge
Atelier Escha & Logy
The Guided Fate: Paradox
Tears to Tiara II
Tales of Hearts R

Was leaning toward Fairy Fencer F.
Any recommendation would be appreciated .

Also not sure what to play on PC , pretty sure Il be done with DA:Inquisition by then.
I Was thinking Star Point Gemini 2 maybe .

I'm not planning to buy any new games -- just enjoy the stuff I already have, and finish off some of the others:

- Mario Kart 8
- Captain Toad
- Super Mario 3D World

Yeah, it's time for my Wii U to shine this holiday season!

Brooks2304

Neo Member
I was able to pick up Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age for PS4 for a good price, hoping to get some time between now and February to get them both finished. Finish University in a few weeks, haven't been able to play a minute of any of them since I picked them up last week lol.

Firebrand

Probably Attack of the Friday Monsters, Shadowgate, Picross e5, and maybe FFXIV if it's on sale. Been playing the trial and it's alright.

Great-God

Banned
Well it ain't holydays for me right now. There are exams, I got my theatre rehersals...
Also, I spend Christmas holidays with my family, that means no gaming ;)

BouncyFrag

Probably the Dragon Age multiplayer as I won't touch it until I finish the main campaign which will take a while (I'm still only in the Hinterlands - so much to do! Lol).

FireCloud

CoolLookingSpace_1.GIF [IMG]
[IMG] CoolLookingSpace_2.GIF [IMG]
[/QUOTE]

What game is that?

Btw, I'll probably be playing:

[B][U]PS4:[/U][/B]
[INDENT][B]GTAV[/B][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]I usually lose interest in sandbox games but that isn't the case with this one.[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][B]Infamous SS: First Light[/B][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Bought before the PS+ announcement. Determined to finish it before it is free.[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[B][U]PS3:[/U][/B]
[INDENT][B]Tales of Xillia 2[/B][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Just finished Ch. 7 but trying to play too much at once keeps me from making much progress[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[B][U]PS Vita:[/U][/B]
[INDENT][B]Freedom Wars[/B][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Barely started this but it looks fun.[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][B]Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus[/B][/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]This game definitely needs more attention[/INDENT][/INDENT]

For Thanksgiving, I'll be going to my parent's house so it'll be Persona Q and Project Diva F 2nd. For Christmas I'll probably be re-playing Dark Souls since it'll be fresh off the GFWL -> Steam transition. Maybe Dragon Age PC if they get some of the issues fixed.

Top Bottom