• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Sony Studios are most likely to show up at E3?

I was thinking about what could possibly be announced by many of the different publishers and thats when I realized just how many of Sony's studios we don't really know about and could possibly show something at E3.

What we know

Naughty Dog - UC4
Sony San Diego - MLB, Killstrain, Drawn to Death
Evolution Studios - Still working on Driveclub
Insomniac - second party, R&C Reboot

What we don't know

Team Japan - very large, multiple games developed simultaneously
--Team Gravity - 3 years since last game
--Team Ico - last game (lol)
Polyphony Digital - 2 years since last game
Sony Bend - 3 years since last game
Santa Monica - 2 years since last game
Sucker Punch - 1.5 years since last game
Guerrilla Games - 2 years since last game
--Guerilla Cambridge - 2 years since last game
Media Molecule - multiteam, 4 years since last game, Tearaway developed alongside new IP
Sony London - usually releases several games per year, probably working on Morpheus
Quantic Dream - second party technically, 2 years since last game

Rumors/Soft Announcements
(By soft announcements I mean games that have been confirmed in development but not really formally revealed, like Gears of War from MS)

Studio Japan - TLG
Santa Monica - God of War
Polyphony Digital - GT7
Team Gravity - Gravity Rush 2
Guerrilla Games - Horizon (Robot Dino RPG)

Which Sony studios do you think are going to show up this E3? Sony has said they want to shorten the time between announce and release. As of right now the only games announced for 2016 are SFV and Uncharted 4 by delay. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Liamc723

Sony Bend, Santa Monica and Guerilla Games are the likely bets.

I'd also love to see Polyphony Digital, give me Gran Turismo.

Servbot24

Banned
I wonder if seeing Gravity Rush 2 is in any way realistic. That might be for TGS I suppose.

Guerilla ain't gon happen. Unless it's a CG trailer.

tumblr_n4h4kyyVaL1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Quantic Dream is confirmed unless plans changed from last year. Rumours point to a new IP potentially set in a sci-fi setting.

JordanN

Banned
I wonder if seeing Gravity Rush 2 is in any way realistic. That might be for TGS I suppose.

There's suppose to be a Gravity Rush 1 Remaster. It would be more wise to announce that at the Western event, to build up an audience for the second game.

What we don't know

Team Japan - very large, multiple games developed simultaneously Nope
--Team Gravity - 3 years since last game Nah
--Team Ico - last game (lol) /dead
Polyphony Digital - 2 years since last game Negative
Sony Bend - 3 years since last game Probably
Santa Monica - 2 years since last game Maybe but probably not
Sucker Punch - 1.5 years since last game Nope
Guerrilla Games - 2 years since last game Mayyybe
--Guerilla Cambridge - 2 years since last game Nope
Media Molecule - multiteam, 4 years since last game, Tearaway developed alongside new IP It could be (because of Morpheus)
Sony London - usually releases several games per year, probably working on Morpheus Who knows maybe?
Quantic Dream - second party technically, 2 years since last game Not this year

That's all imo.

David___

Banned
Probably Bend with their rumored open world survival horror game.

If Guerilla shows anything itll probably be a cg trailer at most.

It'd make no sense for them to show a CG trailer since the game they're working on has been in development since 2010. I also wouldn't expect them to show CG after the KZ2 situation.

Naughty Dog will have a new U4 demo and an announcement of the Uncharted PS4 collection.

SSM will reveal the next God Of War.

Bend will show their new IP.

That will be all. Guerilla will reveal their new game at Gamescom and Quantic Dream will show something at PSX along with a bunch of other studios. In terms of announcements, I expect PSX to be Sony's biggest show by far this year.

Bloodrage

Banned
Definitely:

Guerrilla
Naughty Dog
Sony Santa Monica

Maybe:

Quantic Dream (God their game is going to look insane)
Media Molecule

Does it really matter when they have been sub-par for the last 2 years? Make me care Sony, because I'm starting to forget why your first party is held at such high regards.

Gravity Rush 2, Gran Turismo 7 and Uncharted Remastered for this fall would make me happy. Even if its 2/3 in terms of odds. As for Ratchet & Clank, I have no reason to care for a franchise that refuses to be good in the past 6 years. Actually, I wouldn't blame the franchise, rather Sony/Insomniac for their abstinence to try and make something worthwhile and not budget.

Best wishes.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I would love to see Polyphony Digital and Sucker Punch with next Infamous or even new IP

Hexa

I think literally everyone on that list except maybe Sucker Punch will have something or other to show this year, whether it be E3, Gamescom, TGS, PSX, etc.

As for Sony's E3 press conference, I think we're going to be seeing:

Naughty Dog
Insomniac
Polyphony
Sony Bend
Guerilla Games (both of them)
Sony Longdon
Quantic Dream

Naughty Dog of course because Uncharted. San Diego and Evolution don't really fit in with E3 that much. Insomniac because they need to start showing R&C a lot if its coming out this year. Not Team Japan because they'd probably be at TGS. Polyphony because now is about the time they should start teasing. Bend because Shinobi and others have been making hints about their game so I think it's far in development and may well even come out this year. Santa Monica I think they'll leave for PSX, as Cory said that they would have a major presence at the next PSX and suggested they might not be ready by this E3. Plus it's not like they don't have a lot of other games to show. Not Sucker Punch because it's too early, unless they have a second team working on Sly or something for the movie. Both Guerilla because both Killzone and a new AAA RPG fit in perfectly with what Sony reveals at E3 I think Media Molecule will fit in better with Gamescom so they'll be there instead. Sony London will be there because they seem to be the major Morpheus dev, and they'll be announcing Morpheus things at E3. Quantic Dream because they also fit in well at E3 and it's about time for the to announce something.

GameSeeker

Don't expect all the studios on your list to be at E3. Sony doesn't do conferences that way. They will announce titles at E3, Gamecom, TGS and Playstation Experience. They will spread the titles around with 1-2 per conference. Expecting everything to be at E3 will just set yourself up for disappointment.

DayEnder

Not in your list, but I think Firesprite (Playroom) and PixelOpus (Entwined) will be there with something for Morpheus.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
(SCE World Wide Studios)
SCE Bend Studio - New Game
SCE Santa Monica Studio - God of War 4
Media Molecule - New Game
Guerilla Games - New Game?

(SCE Contract Studios)
Supermassive Games - Until Dawn
Insomniac - Ratchet & Clank PS4
Tarsier Studios - Tearaway Unfolded
Fun Bit Interactive - Fat Princess Adventures
Quantic Dreams - Singularity
Blue Point Games - Remaster ?

That's what I can guess.

japan studio will be there, regardless of tlg
( which i think it's finally going to happen )
you know, dem bloodborne's dlc

KoopaTheCasual

OP, Team Japan encompasses team ICO and team Gravity. Saying 'team ICO hasnt released a game in X years!' misses the point that they're not an independent team. They've been working on games like Rain, Pupeteer, and even Knack

My biggest hope is Sony brings us a JRPG that rivals, old school games like Lunar, LOD, LEgaia, Shadow Hearts, Grandia, FF.

- It would be nice if GG comes and announces Horizon for Q4 2015.
- I'd like to see Media Molecule, but I imagine they will show up at Gamescom. I will be really disappointed if they're a no show like last year (no, a small improvement of a PSV game coming to PS4 is not showing up for me).
- That FF-scale jRPG Verendus has talked about. Still haven't forgotten about it.

Top Bottom