• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is Dankey Kang?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
every jeopardy clue ever containing the words video game character:

4dgDpYa.png
2003 was the first time? Interesting. Although I wonder how many hits, and how far back, would "video game" get.

Also, I'm assuming the answer to the third clue is "Who/what is Pacman?"

Kazerei

Banned
every jeopardy clue ever containing the words video game character:

4dgDpYa.png

Hmm, I wonder if we can find all the videogame references on Jeopardy. There's definitely been more than these four. Off the top of my head, the have been answers to "What is The Legend of Zelda" and "What is the World of Warcraft" (with a reference to Leeroy Jenkins in the clue). I've also seen a College Jeopardy show with an entire category for videogames.

Valnen

The thing is, portraying someone as being unknowledgeable about video games isn't making fun of them. Video games are a nerdy and childish hobby, and most of the time the media makes fun of people who DO know a lot about video games (as well they should.)
Childish? People should be made fun of for enjoying it? Fucking bullshit. Nobody should be made fun of for being knowledgeable about video games. And they shouldn't be labeled childish either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
2003 was the first time? Interesting. Although I wonder how many hits, and how far back, would "video game" get.

Also, I'm assuming the answer to the third clue is "Who/what is Pacman?"

Tons of video game related questions before then (space invaders reference in 1988; pong in 1991; Mario as early as 97 or earlier). I just wanted to search the exact phrase so as to illustrate that the above clue has never been on Jeopardy.

Link, please :)
an URL, not Zelda-rescuing Link

http://www.j-archive.com/showseason.php?season=30

Use search, get results.

thomaser

I love it when new Donkey Kong games come out, because half of the customers are so confused about the title. I've been asked for "King Kong", "Tinkey Tong" and "Hinkey Donk". Never "Dankey Kang", sadly, but I look forward to the day!

I have an interesting story from 1982 about a scar I still have on my leg that involves Dankey Kang. I wished it would have been W-Bert but no it was Dankey Kang.

zeemumu

Conix the Ledgedog: The fastest Mean Bean Machine Player alive

Favorite food: cold dogs
Rival: Fist Man the red hedgehog
Goal: collect all of the chaos nachos

Calamari41

41 > 38
No fucking way.

Woooowwwwwwww

Edit : Wait, it's fake? So this is essentially a way to make fun of women / portray women as being unknowledgeable about games. Fuck that.

"WOMEN IN GAMING" outrage is getting so damn tiresome. The joke is what was written as an answer, not the fact that she's a woman.

I remember there being one question on Jeopardy a while ago which was something like "This character is a friend of Sonic the Hedgehog and is accompanying him to the 20xx Olympic games." I guessed Tails. The answer was Mario.

I remember there being one question on Jeopardy a while ago which was something like "This character is a friend of Sonic the Hedgehog and is accompanying him to the 20xx Olympic games." I guessed Tails. The answer was Mario.

"#5959, aired 2010-07-08 VIDEO GAMES $400: In a recent release from Sega, this title character & his pal Sonic visit the 2010 Winter Olympics"

Yeah, the answer would be Mario since he's the other title character.

Frologic

The worst thing about this is people think it's real and think she's stupid for not getting it. This would be the worst final jeopardy question ever.

Recall

No fucking way.

Woooowwwwwwww

Edit : Wait, it's fake? So this is essentially a way to make fun of women / portray women as being unknowledgeable about games. Fuck that.

What the fuck is the obsession with making something out of nothing when it comes to women and video games?

If anything it says the general public don't know much about games, gender has fuck all to do with it.

Top Bottom