• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's the best rapper in the game currently?

His production can be good sure, but everything to do with his actual rapping does nothing for me.

Entitled to your opinion I guess. But the things I listed are why people like him and why he's been at the top for 10 years. Oh and he washed Kendrick on Poetic Justice :p

I use to like Hopsin but then he started hating on women super hard and his latest single was so bad and racist I couldn't finish it. So Killer Mike is the greatest right now for me.

Lombax

Banned
2003 wants its post back

give this a listen.

The_Impossible_Kid_Album_Cover.jpg

This thread is giving me me good direction on who to check out these days. I've been pretty stuck in the 80's and 90's for hip hop and would love to try something modern.

Will try Childish Gambino's first couple of albums and RTJ to start.

ZOONAMI

What y’all think about NF? It was on google music and I gave it a listen not knowing what it was. Didn’t even realize he is a “Christian” rapper. Kind of weird i guess but a lot of rap mentions god so I didn’t really just assume that was what was going on. Didn’t realize he toned down all profanity until after I read an album review.

Interesting it has gotten solid reviews and hit #1 too.

What y’all think about NF? It was on google music and I gave it a listen not knowing what it was. Didn’t even realize he is a “Christian” rapper. Kind of weird i guess but a lot of rap mentions god so I didn’t really just assume that was what was going on. Didn’t realize he toned down all profanity until after I read an album review.

Interesting it has gotten solid reviews and hit #1 too.

Honestly. I heard some people hype him and wasn’t that impressed. He seems to have a following of Christians who really like him due to his “clean” lyrics. But there are even better Christian rappers who are speaking a lot of truth and fire these days (Propaganda and Lecre come to mind). But that’s just me.

What are people’s thoughts about Logic?

Some Nobody

Most complete: Childish Gambino

Conceptually: Kendrick Lamar

Pure rapping: Hopsin

This place used to hate Glover, I wonder if that's still true.

But I can't in good conscience say Gambino because I value consistency. And while Gambino was my favorite rapper from 2011-2015, it was because he was always changing, always evolving. Then he dropped Awaken My Love and fucked around and evolved right out of hip-hop. He said he's almost done being Gambino and I'll be honest in saying I'd be surprised if his last project features any rapping.

As far as my answer....shit, fuck if I know. Kung-Fu Kenny rap his ass off, but so does J. Cole.

But you should ignore me, I've been bumping Hoodie Allen for the past two weeks lol. (Do You Believe...)

The Ummah

Banned
Nah he was singing on Poetic justice when he washed Kendrick :)

Lol, just messing with you. Drake is cool for the lane he's in/been in, just not my thing currently. Comeback Season was dope though!

What are people's thoughts about Logic?

My first exposure to him was hearing "Buried Alive" on Sirius a couple years ago. Admittedly, I did enjoy that song...a little too much. It's cool because he's not exactly a rapper going for the #1 spot, he's just Logic. You can tell that he just enjoys making music, and really does/says what he wants.

Let's drop some truth bombs. Big K.R.I.T. is the best artist in the game:

Can't wait for that double album, bruh. Krizzle Season is upon us!

LordKasual

Banned
im bout to get in that ass boy

my perfect flow is fire; hold that rash boy

i dont like your hair -- TRASH boy

i'll dive in your mother. SPLASH boy

Top Bottom