• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

JavyOO7

Good luck, let us know what you pick up. I was at Target yesterday for not that and I was disappointed by how little they had. I expected little, but they didn't even have COD: Ghosts - not even a spot for it. I wanted to scope out if there were two other games I could pick up with Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics when it comes out Friday but now I doubt they'll even carry that, even though it's in their ad. Best Buy 20 percent off it is, then.

But Target did have 007 Legends for $59.99, don't know how you could pass that up...

Wonderful 101, Zombi U and Rayman Legends. Zombi U and RL were both still 59.99. Holy fak. I would have got Deus Ex instead of ZU but alas them's the breaks.

I'm slightly bummed out, though. I really wanted these titles digital on my Wii U instead of physical. There's nothing wrong with physical... I'm 28 years old and I never mind showing anyone my collection. But I was hoping to hop aboard the digital train. Fully. Oh well. That ended when I bought Wii U day one and got NSMB and Nintendo Land physical. =p

I guess what I'm saying is I hope Nintendo busts out a B2G1 free deal soon. Or even a BOGO. And an account system. =p

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
TC, does it make sense to also put Japanese games/release dates in the thread? Or are there just not enough people living in Japan to make it worth it? The only game I can think of that's Japanese only that's still to be released would be Taiko though.

I think I'm done buying any third party game right at launch for the WIi U. After Call of Duty Ghost and Assassin's Creed 4 I've just been disappointed. More so with Ghosts.

Assassin's Creed 4 is a different story. The game plays well. The story however is really disappointing and I'm all about the story and journey. RPGs have been my genre of choice since the SNES when I was kid so when a game where the story is suppose to play a significant part disappoints it tends to taint the entire experience for me.

I guess it's better to really stay away from yearly installments going forward.Or at least not pay so much for them.

I am behind in games since August (Pikmin 3, Splinter Cell, etc.) but I don´t buy much at launch, usually wait to get better prices. Nintendo games being the exception as they tend to keep there value so it gets expensive. I see game price drops at retail, NFSMWU, Batman AC, Tekken TT2, ME 3 and CoD Black Ops 2.

The e-shop is really trailing so far in terms of good deals, just one year but I hope it gets better. For NA eshop I got AC 3 @$40, Trine 2 @$10 and Little Inferno @$5. I missed the RE Revelations sale and I got ZombiU at launch. Some games being 50 help plus the $5 back.

coreyerb

Banned
Wonderful 101, Zombi U and Rayman Legends. Zombi U and RL were both still 59.99.

I guess what I'm saying is I hope Nintendo busts out a B2G1 free deal soon. Or even a BOGO. And an account system. =p
For sure. That'll be what convinces more people to go fully digital, I suspect. I would love to never hear the disk drive again if I could get the same deals through eShop as I can by going to stores or ordering discs online.

Nice selections. If you want some
not very well armed
ex-survivor zombies you can add me. NNID is LoeliaPonsonby. I've been itching to replay ZombiU lately.

Kandinsky

Just got LoZ WW HD and it looks amazing, mind blown. First game that looks worse on the gamepad by much, not that it looks bad, but on a 1080p TV it looks amazing.

Going to grab W101, Deus Ex, SM3DW and Toki Tori 2+ next.
Yeah even if it looks great on the gamepad, on the TV it looks incredible, too bad it's a mediocre Zelda game, do SS Nintendo pleeeease.

coreyerb

Banned
As much as that might fuel the conspiracy of the competitors paying managers to misinform their employees to kill Wii U sales, it just seems like what that article is getting at - service people too often are bad at their jobs.

Yesterday I overheard an otherwise friendly, I'm sure hard-working Target electronics employee explain to a mother shopping for a Christmas present for her teenage son that they don't know if they'll have any PS4s left after preorders Friday but she should wait and check back instead of buying a PS3 because the PS4 will play all those PS3 games anyway. I had to bite my tongue but I kinda feel bad. Hope she got the right info somehow.

JoV

Bloody hell, saw today Rayman is $28 in EB Games in Australia. Can't not buy it at that price, so picked it up on the way home.

Already have too many games to play though! Ah well...

69wpm

Bloody hell, saw today Rayman is $28 in EB Games in Australia. Can't not buy it at that price, so picked it up on the way home.

Yeah, I saw that deal yesterday. Too bad they don't ship overseas :( Wouldn't mind some Rayman for 20 Euros.

prag16

Banned
Yesterday I overheard an otherwise friendly, I'm sure hard-working Target electronics employee explain to a mother shopping for a Christmas present for her teenage son that they don't know if they'll have any PS4s left after preorders Friday but she should wait and check back instead of buying a PS3 because the PS4 will play all those PS3 games anyway. I had to bite my tongue but I kinda feel bad. Hope she got the right info somehow.

Well you didn't HAVE to bite your tongue. I've interrupted pimply faced neckbeards working at gamestop on multiple occasions when I overheard them telling customers the wrong thing. They didn't like it, and one of them even asked me to leave the store. Tough shit.

prag16

Banned
Apologize in advance for the double post.

Probably not the best place to ask this, but... (the dedicated Wii U Ghosts thread would have made more sense, but it's closed)

I want to bring game audio via headphone jack AND skype via my cell phone into the same set of headphones. I know the game has its own voice chat, but we prefer to use skype provided this setup can work.

They are standard 3.5mm earbuds with an inline mic. I need a y cable with one 4 pole female end and two 4 pole male ends.

All I can find are adapters with 3 pole male connectors. The 3 pole connectors are no good because the voice chat won't work on skype (I'll be able to hear other people, but they won't be able to hear me).

Anybody have any ideas in terms of finding this, or other alternatives to do what I'm trying to accomplish?

Damn that's cheap. I paid $50 for it at JB the other week and thought it was a good price.

RAIDEN1

The Wii U needs a "killer app" ...where is that game-changer for the Wii U..Why isn't there a new Kid Icarus, Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox utilising the capabilities of the tech available..

The Wii U needs a "killer app" ...where is that game-changer for the Wii U..Why isn't there a new Kid Icarus, Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox utilising the capabilities of the tech available..

None of those series are big sellers.

The only things close to a "killer app" are 3D World, Kart 8, and Smash.

Mario 3D World is the "killer app" of this season

next year there's more stuff but none of the series you mentioned.

Kid Icarus: Sakurai is too busy with Smash
Metroid: Retro wanted to make another DK
F-Zero: LoL
Starfox: I'd love it, but I've heard Miyamoto isn't very fond of SF... and the series never had a good game after 64 so w/e.

Tooi

Neo Member
I bought Wonderful 101 the other day. Absolutely loving it so far! It's really too bad it hasn't done well since it has so much charm, fun and character to it. I've heard that something interesting happens in the later game so I'm looking forward to that.

Roo

I can only laugh at the fact that you listed those games as "killer apps" when ALL of them have BOMBA written all over their faces.

3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Smash are Wii U's killer apps so far.

So I think I'm finally buying a Wii U this weekend, the NSMB/NSLU bundle really got me interested, I'm also buying W101 and waiting for 3D World.

Is a screen protector recommended?

I also know I'd eventually get Zombi U and Pikmin 3.

kitsuneyo

Is there still another Sonic Nintendo game for Sega to announce? If not what was the third game after Lost World and Winter Olympics?

kitsuneyo

thete will be a third one in 2014

If it's a kart game like the one hinted by Sumo Digital I'll be a bit disappointed. Would be an odd move with MK8 coming out soon and All-Stars Transformed already out. Then again Transformed supposedly sold well on Wii U.

Roo

Is there still another Sonic Nintendo game for Sega to announce? If not what was the third game after Lost World and Winter Olympics?

Yes. We're still missing one game.
Can't remember if it was S0L or someone else from Sumo but they vaguely hinted a new Sonic Racing game.

Edit: beaten like a mule.

D-e-f-

Banned
I can only laugh at the fact that you listed those games as "killer apps" when ALL of them have BOMBA written all over their faces.

3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Smash are Wii U's killer apps so far.

He clearly meant "killer" in a all too literal sense :p

Retro would like to work on Metroid again after DK (in febr) is finished.
Besides (if i remember me correctly), they are working on more than one project.

You do not remember correctly. No such thing was ever said. Actually, they said pretty much the exact opposite. (re: working on more than one game).

Hiltz

From Super Mario 3D World's Iwata Asks Interview:

Miyamoto: The same team can't make both [3D world and a new Super Mario Galaxy game) at the same time. And we can't bring in a second party and slap the name Super Mario Galaxy on it. I suppose we could idealistically make both in Tokyo, but we want to do something new too, so there was that dilemma.

Does that sound like Miyamoto just confirmed that EAD Tokyo group # 1 is possibly the developer working with Miyamoto on his new IP ?

Next week's GT TV is on Nintendo, so perhaps we'll see something new then.

Let´s hope so. I am not saying this because I am not satisfied or something, I actually cannot keep up with so many games. Sadly had to pass on Toki Tori 2, so much to play right now.

I am saying this because Nintendo needs to change perception, and that is very tough to do. I am sick of Nintendo is doom threads, will not view those anymore and wait for them to release the heavy hitters and see how it goes. I just hope they can make a profit from Wii U at least.

From Super Mario 3D World's Iwata Asks Interview:

Does that sound like Miyamoto just confirmed that EAD Tokyo group # 1 is possibly the developer working with Miyamoto on his new IP ?

I am really curious to what Miyamoto has under wraps. You also know that for him new IP also means old character, new gameplay mechanics.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a Wii U and figured I'd ask here. Xenoblade Chronicles is no longer rare right? With GS selling "used" copies for $40 this black friday.

Have a sealed copy of XB that's been sitting around forever, would feel a lot less bad about opening it and playing it if this is the case.

Sendou

Just got a Wii U and figured I'd ask here. Xenoblade Chronicles is no longer rare right? With GS selling "used" copies for $40 this black friday.

Have a sealed copy of XB that's been sitting around forever, would feel a lot less bad about opening it and playing it if this is the case.

It's rather rare I think.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I can't express how much I love Rayman Legends. It's such a good game. It's great single player or co-op, and there is so much fucking content. It runs so beautifully smooth and fast too.

I wish Nintendo would use this engine to build a new Metroid... *wistful sigh*

Sendou

I can't express how much I love Rayman Legends. It's such a good game. It's great single player or co-op, and there is so much fucking content. It runs so beautifully smooth and fast too.

I wish Nintendo would use this engine to build a new Metroid... *wistful sigh*

Yeah Ubiart seems to be involved with some beautiful looking games. Just look up the latest Child of Light gameplay. Gorgeous stuff.

Hiltz

I am really curious to what Miyamoto has under wraps. You also know that for him new IP also means old character, new gameplay mechanics.

Well, he said it was completely new, so that would seem to indicate that it is not a spin-off, but then again, this is Miyamoto we're talking about. Whatever it may be, we'll hope he isn't wasting this opportunity to do make something big, fresh and compelling.

Effect

FYI in case people are unaware, the Sonic Lost World demo is available in North America.

Saw that early this evening. Breezed through the level pretty easily. Didn't have any issue controlling Sonic. I expected I wouldn't to be honest even with reviews being the way they are. Oh well.

I do wish this had come out before the game released. This would have solidified my purchase instead of allowing some doubt. Which in turn made me wait. Had there been a demo from the start I wouldn't have wasted money on AC4 and CoD: Ghost. Did my last sessions with those games tonight and I'm really certain won't miss them. I had originally planned on sticking to exclusives on the Wii U with third party purchases being limited. To be honest THE third party game, that wasn't exclusive like Sonic, I was looking forward to was Watch_Dogs. It always had been since it was announced. It was one of the very few games that E3 that grabbed my attention. When that got pushed back I wrongly allowed AC4 and Ghost in even though I was iffy about bought of them and had been for months. :(

Anyway they're gone tomorrow with the money I get for them going toward Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D World. That will lessen those purchases and free me up to possibly get Sonic or I might hold off and get it in a few months when I pick up Donkey Kong. There is still Wonderful 101 that I also regret passing on. I want to fix that mistake sooner rather then later as well. I've got notes on my monitor just as a reminder not to do this again. I've been pretty good these last few months. Don't want this to happen again.

xandaca

For people living in the UK, you can get Rayman from the Ubisoft site for £17.99. It's on sale for £19.99, but you can get a further £2 off with the code 10THANKS. No idea how long this will be valid for, but I just bought the game a few minutes ago.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Alright, I just finished loading my account with eshop credit in anticipation for next week!

I haven't bought many Wii U games, so it's exciting to do it again.

That gives me a week to beat Fire Emblem :O

I don't know where to ask this so I guess I'll try here. Can you play wii VC games off tv with the gamepad? They have LTTP for 150 coins on club nintendo but I don't want to have to play on the tv...

Top Bottom