• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

Liamc723

Cool, man. There is a lot of good VC, eShop and Wii stuff to check out as well. NSLU is great too.

I've been thinking about it, and I've decided to keep the Wii U. I'm going to buy Super Mario 3D World, and then get some Wii games, such as Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess + Skyward Sword!

I'm considering The Last story and Pandora's Tower too, but I'm not certain on them. How long are they? What other JRPGs are they similar too?

maxcriden

I've been thinking about it, and I've decided to keep the Wii U. I'm going to buy Super Mario 3D World, and then get some Wii games, such as Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess + Skyward Sword!

I'm considering The Last story and Pandora's Tower too, but I'm not certain on them. How long are they? What other JRPGs are they similar too?

Heck yeah! Nice going. You're in for some great gaming, there are plenty of other excellent Wii games out there as well. I haven't played either of those JRPGs so I can't advise you about those, but I can point you to this thread for some other Wii gems:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635546

Liamc723

Heck yeah! Nice going. You're in for some great gaming, there are plenty of other excellent Wii games out there as well. I haven't played either of those JRPGs so I can't advise you about those, but I can point you to this thread for some other Wii gems:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635546

I'll take a look! What with the lack of quality PS4 games to play at the moment, dipping into older Wii games seemed like a good option for me, I can't wait to experience what everyone has been talking about with Xenoblade and Metroid.

L~A

The Last Story is about 30-40h long, depending on the stuff you do (sidequests and all). Pandora's Story is more an action game with RPG elements than a true JRPG. Best thing to do is watch some gameplay, and you'll get a good idea of what the game has to offer. I heartily recommend both, personally, especially PT which has that mid-tier gaming charm from the PS2 era (not a big ass AAA game, but not some low-budget crap either). Its length varies, since there's several endings to get, depending on the level of relationship with the female character. There's a total of 12 towers.

maxcriden

I'll take a look! What with the lack of quality PS4 games to play at the moment, dipping into older Wii games seemed like a good option for me, I can't wait to experience what everyone has been talking about with Xenoblade and Metroid.

Yeah, there's a lot of great stuff in there. Wii and DS both had amazing libraries with tons of overlooked greatness. One really unusual and challenging, fun and clever game I would recommend from the Wii era is A Boy and His Blob. If you're in the US it's only $5 used at Gamestop, and well worth that and then some.

Question
Could one survive with just the 32gb on the WiiU alone without an external hardrive?

How much gb do games take on the WiiU?

For now I am, and my digital games include:

Bit.Trip Runner 2
The Cave
Ducktales Remastered
Kung Fu Rabbit
Knytt Underground
NES Remix
Super Metroid
Wii Fit U
Wii Sports Club Tennis

I think I still have quite a bit of space, too. I do tend to go physical for full retail games, though.

For now I am, and my digital games include:

Bit.Trip Runner 2
The Cave
Ducktales Remastered
Kung Fu Rabbit
Knytt Underground
NES Remix
Super Metroid
Wii Fit U
Wii Sports Club Tennis

I think I still have quite a bit of space, too. I do tend to go physical for full retail games, though.

Guessing those digitial games go individual at around 6gb max, 500mb min.... how much space would a retail game take on the hardrive?

Something like NSMBU and WW HD

L~A

I believe that combined, NSMBU and TWWHD should fit perfectly on your 32GB. Both should be around 2GB max, though I'm not sure (got NSMBU at retail, but TWWHD as digital).

Point is : unless you're trying to get ALL your games on the eShop, the 32GB memory should be more than enough. You could always add a small external HDD if you need.

I believe that combined, NSMBU and TWWHD should fit perfectly on your 32GB. Both should be around 2GB max, though I'm not sure (got NSMBU at retail, but TWWHD as digital).

Point is : unless you're trying to get ALL your games on the eShop, the 32GB memory should be more than enough. You could always add a small external HDD if you need.

Thanks!... trying to organize my future WiiU purchasing strategy... or if I should wait for a larger hardrive SKU iteration later on

the memory is the only thing holding me back not the price or the game catalogue (which I find really appealing)

I would pay a higher price to get a premium higher HDD WiiU
you can expand the memory with a 32 GB memory stick for, like, $20. The WiiU downloads require an HDD with an external power source though.
thanks for the extra info since an external hardrive would not be my best option since I wouldn't have that much space in my media centre.... good to know that there is a smaller option even if it is only for retail purchases

dolemite

Thanks!... trying to organize my future WiiU purchasing strategy... or if I should wait for a larger hardrive SKU iteration later on

the memory is the only thing holding me back not the price or the game catalogue (which I find really appealing)

I would pay a higher price to get a premium higher HDD WiiU

you can expand the memory with a 32 GB memory stick for, like, $20. The WiiU downloads require an HDD with an external power source though.

Bullza2o

Anyone mentioned the new eShop music anywhere?

It's pretty chilled - I really like it.

I'm not sure if they have a new theme for the new year, but I'm hearing the old eshop music --the one before the holiday theme. The original Wii U eshop theme is still the best though.

kiri

I'm not sure if they have a new theme for the new year, but I'm hearing the old eshop music --the one before the holiday theme. The original Wii U eshop theme is still the best though.

Ah no, this is a 100% new song. Different from the 3 (original-new-holiday) themes that we have heard already. Unfortunately I have no method of capturing it right now; I'm sure someone will upload it shortly!

Top Bottom