• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

Update

- Deleted November Games, welcome to December!

Updated recommendations list.

+ Super Mario 3D World
+ Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
+ Call of Duty: Ghosts

recommeuyuoa.png

Should we add Splinter Cell, is it recommendable?

Yea this was one of the first playable WiiU games, I dont understand why they wont just bring it out, it would be an easy game to put on the eshop and make some profit for them.

Been meaning to try this on PC. It's still in beta so maybe that's why they haven't bothered release it on Wii U yet? Who knows..

jmizzal

Been meaning to try this on PC. It's still in beta so maybe that's why they haven't bothered release it on Wii U yet? Who knows..

wow its still in beta, its been like a year since the beta started

I'll add it, wasn't sure if they had it, because I couldn't find a source.

I'll add Splinter Cell too.

Are you gonna do a WiiU games of 2014 thread? Are you waiting for the big Nintendo Direct in Dec or Jan?

I registered for Nintendo reward points and im going to put my wiiU and games in.
question for you all. How do i get a code for the games I've downloaded fromm eshop? Is it automatically added to my Nintendo reward points automatically when bought? Just asking as ill only buy retail games for reward points.

Riki

I registered for Nintendo reward points and im going to put my wiiU and games in.
question for you all. How do i get a code for the games I've downloaded fromm eshop? Is it automatically added to my Nintendo reward points automatically when bought? Just asking as ill only buy retail games for reward points.
If you link your NNID to your Nintendo Rewards account then it will automatically give you points for those games.

Hiltz

Well, it looks like Ubisoft ended up cancelling Ghost Recon Online in favor of porting Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs to it instead.

Riki

Well, it looks like Ubisoft ended up cancelling Ghost Recon Online in favor of porting Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs to it instead.
Considering that the PC version did pretty poorly, it's not a surprise.
Still, I would have played it on WiiU. Looked fun.

prag16

Banned
and the missing local co-op.

Right. Forgot about that one because there was zero chance I would have used it had it been present.

So yeah if local co-op matters to someone for this game it's absolutely worth mentioning. Otherwise, great game.

Not sure that's what the decision amounted to (assuming that's speculation on your part), but yeah, Ghost Recon Online U looks pretty dead at this point.

Roo

December looks so empty and lonely :(

Definitely! Surprised it's not on there already!

After all, I haven't put it in my Year One graphic for nothing ;)

wiiuyearone2df7b.jpg

The second game to the right from your list... I see what you did there :V

Jawmuncher

I'm sad there were no WiiU Software sales this year. Was hoping for at least something decent to hit. I still need to grab the following.

Super Mario 3D World
WiiU Party
Wonderful 101

Wii Fit U is in Decemeber right because I need to grab that to.

DESTROYA

Do any of these games have OFF TV play?

COD:Ghosts
AC: Black Flag
Batman: Origins

Never get a straight answer when I ask elswhere.

DESTROYA

Thanks! That's really stupid of having to launch Batman Origins from the TV first to enable the off TV play feature.
Once it's turned on is it on for good or to you have to luanch the game from TV and switch over every time?
Anyone know abou AC:Black Flag?

D-e-f-

Banned
I'll add it, wasn't sure if they had it, because I couldn't find a source.

I'll add Splinter Cell too.

You could always ask :D

At this point it's safe to assume every third party title has it unless it's confirmed to not have it.

The second game to the right from your list... I see what you did there :V

Capcpom may try to erase it from our memories but I'll never forget. :D

Do any of these games have OFF TV play?

COD:Ghosts
AC: Black Flag
Batman: Origins

Never get a straight answer when I ask elswhere.

All of them.

Zing

Banned
I'm sad there were no WiiU Software sales this year. Was hoping for at least something decent to hit. I still need to grab the following.

Super Mario 3D World
WiiU Party
Wonderful 101

Wii Fit U is in Decemeber right because I need to grab that to.
In which country do you live? We had buy 2 get 1 free, $10-15 off, and 20% off sales so far. This doesn't count the ridiculously low prices for great games like $30 for Rayman Legends or $25 for Lego Marvel.

I'm still working through Lego City. I finally finished the story, and now I am exploring the city with my helicopters and other vehicles. I am somewhere around 40% complete. This game has more collectibles than any other game I have ever played. It's my first Lego game, but I see that this is par for the course. I don't know if I am actually going to be able to find everything. Things like the ..pretty boulders" don't seem to appear on the scanner. I'll just explore around and redo the story areas and see how close I get. I have a bad feeling I will find everything but 3-4 random objects and surrender.

I'm planning to pick up a Wii U at the end of the week. Gonna get the NSMBundle along with 3D World and Wind Waker. Will pick up W101 and Pikmin 3 later, gonna need to cop a wiimote/nunchuk whenever I get pikmin. If only I didn't sell my Wii for a 3DS.

I need to get Earthbound too, I'd consider getting a classic controller if the VC wasn't such sloppy brown watertrash.

D-e-f-

Banned
I'm planning to pick up a Wii U at the end of the week. Gonna get the NSMBundle along with 3D World and Wind Waker. Will pick up W101 and Pikmin 3 later, gonna need to cop a wiimote/nunchuk whenever I get pikmin. If only I didn't sell my Wii for a 3DS.

I need to get Earthbound too, I'd consider getting a classic controller if the VC wasn't such sloppy brown watertrash.
You'd only need a Classic Controller for Wii VC and that One is awesome, library-wise.

dearodie

In which country do you live? We had buy 2 get 1 free, $10-15 off, and 20% off sales so far. This doesn't count the ridiculously low prices for great games like $30 for Rayman Legends or $25 for Lego Marvel.

I'm still working through Lego City. I finally finished the story, and now I am exploring the city with my helicopters and other vehicles. I am somewhere around 40% complete. This game has more collectibles than any other game I have ever played. It's my first Lego game, but I see that this is par for the course. I don't know if I am actually going to be able to find everything. Things like the ..pretty boulders" don't seem to appear on the scanner. I'll just explore around and redo the story areas and see how close I get. I have a bad feeling I will find everything but 3-4 random objects and surrender.

I would focus on getting all the red bricks. If I remember right, one of them gives your scanner the ability to locate the collectibles, so that helps a lot. The most useful red brick for me however was the one that let's you paint any color without locating a paint dispenser.

spekkeh

Banned
Yea this was one of the first playable WiiU games, I dont understand why they wont just bring it out, it would be an easy game to put on the eshop and make some profit for them.

Nah F2P games make money based on big numbers (there's always someone dumb enough to press buy on one of the many popups), hence why it works so well on apple/android stores. There's no user base for it on the Wii U, there would be like literally one person engaging in in-game transactions. So they're better off leaving it on the shelf until more people have a Wii U.

Jawmuncher

I'm in the US and I just missed all of that then.
Rayman was tempting but I already had it on Vita and Lego Marvel just isn't my thing.
I'll keep my eye's better peeled on the coming months. I really want to grab those titles and have a WiiU party machine for when family and friends are over.

SuomiDude

Assassin's Creed III (Wii U) for 10,95€ delivered sounds like a great deal, but I'm still wondering if the game is worth it? Ok, the game got great reviews, but many people said the reviews were too high. Was it because the game is more of the same or was the game just so flawed? I haven't played the previous games in the franchise, so it'd be all new to me, and if the story works on its own, not requiring playing the previous games, then it should be all good. So buy or no buy? Assassin's Creed IV sounds like a great game no matter what, so I'll definately pick it up when the price goes down a bit.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Assassin's Creed III (Wii U) for 10,95€ delivered sounds like a great deal, but I'm still wondering if the game is worth it? Ok, the game got great reviews, but many people said the reviews were too high. Was it because the game is more of the same or was the game just so flawed? I haven't played the previous games in the franchise, so it'd be all new to me, and if the story works on its own, not requiring playing the previous games, then it should be all good. So buy or no buy? Assassin's Creed IV sounds like a great game no matter what, so I'll definately pick it up when the price goes down a bit.
I'm in the exact same boat. I haven't played an AC since 1 and love the colonial setting so I'm expecting it in the mail tomorrow.

I'm hoping there's just a fair bit of backlash because it looks cool. My brother has 4 on ps4 and said it's awesome so if I like 3 I'll check out 4 eventually too.

prag16

Banned
I'm in the exact same boat. I haven't played an AC since 1 and love the colonial setting so I'm expecting it in the mail tomorrow.

I'm hoping there's just a fair bit of backlash because it looks cool. My brother has 4 on ps4 and said it's awesome so if I like 3 I'll check out 4 eventually too.

I hadn't played an AC since 1 (which I didn't really like and never finished), and I liked 3 a lot.

All the bitching and moaning was WAY overblown in my opinion. And I'm a sucker for the revolutionary setting.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I've been hearing great things about Lego Marvel Super Heroes, which is on Wii U among other platforms. Any reason it's never been in this thread? Most folks are saying it's better than Undercover (Open World of Undercover + Super Hero Powers).

Sendou

I've been hearing great things about Lego Marvel Super Heroes, which is on Wii U among other platforms. Any reason it's never been in this thread? Most folks are saying it's better than Undercover (Open World of Undercover + Super Hero Powers).

It was. It's just not on the recommended section currently.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It was. It's just not on the recommended section currently.

Ah ok. While I haven't played it myself, one of my good friends has been recommending it a lot on his Wii U, especially over Undercover. Since Undercover is on the recommended list (which I've played), I'd say Marvel should be on there as well. Anyone here who's played it themselves?

Also what about Injustice and Scribblenauts Unlimited/Unmasked?

Zing

Banned
I would focus on getting all the red bricks. If I remember right, one of them gives your scanner the ability to locate the collectibles, so that helps a lot. The most useful red brick for me however was the one that let's you paint any color without locating a paint dispenser.
My scanner is upgraded to locate "clues" which helps. However, the range of the scanner seems short. I have to scan, walk half a block, scan, and so on.

I realized today that the disguises don't give gold bricks, so I am not going to try for all of those (yet). I am mildly annoyed that the Rex Fury disguise is required to find some items. I like to actually change my disguises frequently, and having to always use Rex Fury as the robber is boring. At first, Rex was just helping me find more disguises and super bricks, so I was prepared to ignore him, but today he was required to get a red brick. I suppose he may not be required for all the gold bricks, though.

I didn't know there was a paint gun upgrade. So far, I've found the required paint colours to be relatively close by when I need them.

I cleared out another city section and story level. I'm still having fun running around, so I'll keep at it.

I got into AC games with 3 as well. It is not perfect but I don't understand the hate, I finished the game and now I am completing side missions. It has lots of content and places to explore.

You do need patience as the first 5 hours are a bit slow, but because it was my first AC game I found that cool to get into the game, characters and story.

Horseticuffs

Yaaay! Was just checking my email and today in the post I'm expecting Zombi U, Ass. Creed 3, and my Balance Board. Tomorrow I'm expecting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the last two Xmas presents I need for my girls (Monster High dolls, hooray!), and my Fit meter.

The day after THAT I'm expecting my extra balance board extension feet to ensure it works on my carpet.

I'm so stoked for all the gaming goodness! Which should I start first, Zombi U or AC3? My heart tells me Zombi U.

Definitely! Surprised it's not on there already!

After all, I haven't put it in my Year One graphic for nothing ;)

wiiuyearone2df7b.jpg

Is there a bigger version of this?

Edit: Oh and please add some more of the awesome eshop stuff. ^^ (Trine, neo, wii sports club, wii fit etc etc)

Roo

Is there a bigger version of this?

Edit: Oh and please add some more of the awesome eshop stuff. ^^ (Trine, neo, wii sports club, wii fit etc etc)

This thread is for retail/physical releases only.
There's a thread for eShop games. Not sure why he added Toki Tori+ there.
Probably to fill that spot \o/

So anybody know how bad is 007 Legends Wii U? I know there are not only performance issues from other versions but also glitches and aiming issues. I got it for $8 in a Amazon lightning deal yesterday and thought it may be good for some 4-player splitscreen though unlike COD it doesn't support Wiimote or Classic, controllers and I only have two Pro controllers and gamepad.

anyone got any idea when putty squad is releasing? seems the ps4 version is out but cant find anything anywhere about when its turning up on wii u (rather suspicious its going to be a repeat of the 90s version when it was announced (even reviewed) on everything but only ever came out on the snes)

It's just the usual internet adolescents who can only see things as great or terrible.It's a really cool game with tons to do that does some amazing things you've never seen before, though it does have one or two slow parts. My family members and I liked it a lot.

Horseticuffs

It's just the usual internet adolescents who can only see things as great or terrible.It's a really cool game with tons to do that does some amazing things you've never seen before, though it does have one or two slow parts. My family members and I liked it a lot.

That's good to hear, thanks! My eventual purchase of 4 depends entirely on my enjoyment of 3, and I'm sure that throws quite a few AC fans into a tizzy!

D-e-f-

Banned
This thread is for retail/physical releases only.
There's a thread for eShop games. Not sure why he added Toki Tori+ there.
Probably to fill that spot \o/

Toki Tori 2+ is in there because I made this to show off a bunch of indisputably awesome games on Wii U. :)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but I figured it's the best thread that's there for this.

Anyways, I found it interesting that I actually found a non-Gamestop retailer that had all the 3rd party Wii U games stocked.

Fred Meyer in the Puget Sound (near Seattle) area had all the Wii U 3rd party games I could think of. The store had AC4, CoD Ghosts, and even Deus Ex! I can't say I saw Batman Arkham Origins for Wii U (they definitely had City), but I wouldn't be surprised if they did because I didn't look too hard.

Man I'm getting so annoyed at DF, even after the positive impressions of AC4 on Wii U, the second they say there's problems with it, everyone bashes the Wii U versions and laughs at it.

Happened with Ghosts as well.

Top Bottom