• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

TheMoon

Itagaki gave an update on how the development on Devil's Third is coming along on Facebook.

There is a translation up on Gematsu.

They finished the last cutscene a couple of days ago and are still planning on releasing it in 2015.
I like that he mentions that the story mode (single player I hope) is longer than the ones in Ninja Gaiden.
The Multiplayer mechanics are similar to Halo and Gears according to him.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937999

Is the adapter worth picking up for Smash Brothers? It made a huge difference for the Wii, but I find the current controller pretty good. Better question, does the Wavebird work with the adapter? i feel stupid asking this, but you never know.

Roo

Is the adapter worth picking up for Smash Brothers? It made a huge difference for the Wii, but I find the current controller pretty good. Better question, does the Wavebird work with the adapter? i feel stupid asking this, but you never know.

If you're talking about the controller adapter then I'd say yes, it's worth picking.
No other controller comes close to the GCN one. I'd say The Wii U Pro is the second best but I'm having a hard time getting used to it.

Now, if you're talking about the LAN adapter, then that's debatable.
The netcode is miles better than Brawl's and if you have a high speed connection (5mbps and up is enough) with a decent PING then I don't think you need the adapter.

jholmes

My WaveBird is sadly busted but the adapter instructions specifically state that the WaveBird is supported. (They also specifically state Nintendo isn't making them anymore!)

So I am going from a 27'' SDTV to a 55" HDTV for my Wii U. I used to be exclusively off-tv but now my options have expanded.

I have no excuse now not to get LEGO City Undercover.

And it is a crime against humanity that there is not a Wii U version of LEGO LOTR.

Joei

GamePad showpieces:
ZombiU
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Game & Wario
Wii Party U / Wii Fit U
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
Fatal Frame 5 (Japan-only so far)

As for Metroid, Miyamoto said at E3 that they're planning on keeping both 2D and 3D Metroid games going. Expect something Metroid related to show up by next E3, it's one of the series Miyamoto personally said he'd wanted to see done on Wii U. Just a matter of time.

God, this makes me so excited to read. I was going to hold off on a Samus Amiibo, but I just had to pick it up (only bought Samus and Link so far).

For the part I bolded, does Batman really use the Gamepad that well? I always wanted to try it out and am wondering if it's worth picking up. Keep in mind, I'm currently playing Hyrule Wariors (just bought it), plan on getting MK8 soon (BF sales hopefully), as well as Captain Toad, plus I've already got enough games on my backlog, not to mention that I've played through all 3 Batman games on my Xbox. Is AC worth squeezing in there?

TheMoon

For the part I bolded, does Batman really use the Gamepad that well? I always wanted to try it out and am wondering if it's worth picking up. Keep in mind, I'm currently playing Hyrule Wariors (just bought it), plan on getting MK8 soon (BF sales hopefully), as well as Captain Toad, plus I've already got enough games on my backlog, not to mention that I've played through all 3 Batman games on my Xbox. Is AC worth squeezing in there?

Since you've already played it, I say keep it for a rainy day. Mind you, I also played through it on PS3 when it came out and then replayed Armored Edition on Wii U earlier this year. The GamePad integration in that game is stellar. The hacking game is superior, the added (optional!) motion controls for the Batarang actually work, unlike the god awful sixaxis nonsense and they also let you aim of that electro pulse gun thingy. I love that stuff. That B.A.T. mode thing with the meter that fills up to charge up hyper mode is quite useless though, not really worth mentioning. You don't ever have to use it so it's easy to ignore. The interactive map is a godsend and in general should've been what all other third party devs use as a template to build their games off of. Setting waypoints, scrolling through it and also have easy access to all the menus via touch is incredibly useful. It's one of those games that showed off how much better all multiplats could've been on Wii U if they, well, existed. Going back after that feels like a massive downgrade and it's a shame that Human Head dropped almost all of these features from the Wii U port of Arkham Origins (that one is a Pro Controller game, basically).

Here's the old overview trailer showing off the features. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRr6JG15RK4

69wpm

Have you guys seen this supposedly deleted tweet?

nxhn2g1.png

Comes from 4chan so.. eh.

TheMoon

They did start calling the Mario Kart series by number.

Kart racer where the numbers are thematically relevant to a game mechanic/concept vs RPG-series. Not a good comparison.

If they were to announce it with a generic working title, it would just be Paper Mario. Not Paper Mario 5.

Top Bottom