• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U update!!

I tried to tell some people who think they'll go download online on the wii u.

Not with nintendo's online experiance,I don't think anyone will ever finish the 17gb download for TekkenTag, let alone have it transfer via usb2 to an external harddrive! I have my doubts.

The update is really slow. He gained a 100 viewers while they all stare at the update progress bar. Imagine tomorrow when everyone is trying to get the update. =/

So exciting. I need to go get some makers mark. BRB.

C4ORK.jpg

Are people really suprised the update is slow? Wait until tommorow.

Yeah, I wouldn't start worrying about it until we hear people getting home at midnight and hitting the servers. If Nintendo isn't ready by that time, then yeah shit's gonna be fucking SLOOOOW.

Edit: Ahh, I see you meant the opposite. Still I think they might not have all their update servers online, but hey I guess no matter what we it will be a wait to see situation :p

EloquentM

aka Mannny
update is slow = nintendo's fault?

could it possibly be that the update is over a GB since it does contain major changes to the OS?

pargonta

actually, we can critique this already can't we? no percent or time remaining.

system firmware probably has to be not in the background, but if all downloads don't have percents and numbers, that's a little sad.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
At this rate Bayonetta 2 will be an eStore launch title.

My opinion of real journalists is not particularly high and they're way below real journalists in my book. I could write in detail why they might be doing this and/or why my opinion of them is so low, but I'd rather look at the download bar, it'd be less of a waste of time.

Are you willing to bet someone somewhere will finish the 17gb download for TTT2 ?

someone in the same room as the servers maybe, but even than, I never got this figured out. Do you download to the onboard flash ? Or do you download directly to the USB harddrive? Because it sounds like people will have to be cleaning out their fridges everytime they download anything.

Bgamer90

Banned

could it possibly be that the update is over a GB since it does contain major changes to the OS?

1 GB download on a 35 mbps connection shouldn't take this long.

My connection is 20 mbps and 1GB downloads usually take about 30 minutes.

Maybe not all the servers were on when he started the download. Maybe if he restarts it will go fast because he will connect to all the servers.

Servers.

/idontknowcomputers.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
1 GB download on a 35 mbps connection shouldn't take this long.

My connection is 20 mbps and 1GB downloads usually take about 30 minutes.

How long has he been downloading it for?

another thing to consider is even big 3ds updates don't take this long

prag16

Banned
Well, damn. Can you play a game while the download is taking place in the background? If not it looks like I"ll be in for a long morning tomorrow after I fire up my Wii U.

Jarlaxle

Unboxing vids. Progress bars. This isn't how I imagined life in my thirties.
lol You're not alone my friend. I'm sick as a dog right now and the only reason I'm not going to sleep soon so I can rest and recover is because I HAVE to go to best buy at midnight to pick up a console I probably won't even touch until tomorrow night. What the fuck happened to my life.

awm8604

Banned

It's still Nintendo's fault for needing to push major features of the system through a software update on Day 1.

I'm picking up the system at midnight. Hopefully it'll be updated by the time I wake up tomorrow.

I was worried that the Wii U would distract me from the NFL tomorrow. Guess not. I'll just set the download and then watch a few games.

lol You're not alone my friend. I'm sick as a dog right now and the only reason I'm not going to sleep soon so I can rest and recover is because I HAVE to go to best buy at midnight to pick up a console I probably won't even touch until tomorrow night. What the fuck happened to my life.

My girlfriend has been in Calgary for the week. Thank god she isn't here to see me watching this.

Top Bottom