• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U update!!

WINNING. 15 minutes in.

nroRs.jpg

1 GB download on a 35 mbps connection shouldn't take this long.

My connection is 20 mbps and 1GB downloads usually take about 30 minutes.

30 minutes for 1GB? You must have the slowest 20mbps connection ever. Even assuming you got less than half that speed (1MB/s) it should only take you about 17 minutes~

(edit) also link to stream?

Krakatoa

It might be slow because the patch is still being pushed out to CDN's. Or is that me just wishful thinking :)

Nintendo Please tell me you are using Akamai.

NFreak

So Wii U updates slower than PS3 updates confirmed?

NEXT GEN IS HERE GUYZ!

ugghhhh..... this is going to be awful tomorrow

EDIT: Gaben just popped up on the stream. Update redeemed.

Bgamer90

Banned
30 minutes for 1GB? You must have the slowest 20mbps connection even. Even assuming you got less than half that speed (1MB/s) it should only take you about 17 minutes~

Sometimes it's about 15 mins., other times it's a little bit over 30 mins. The latter usually happens during evening hours when there's more than likely a a whole lot of people on.

(edit) also link to stream?

http://www.own3d.tv/messaffect/live/400562

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Frankly, I'd rather Nintendo have hit the release date for the system but kept working on the OS features right up until launch day, rather than start out with a console of which the OS features are months out of date because they didn't want to "bother" anyone with a day 1 update.

It's like some people have never installed Windows and downloaded a major service pack immediately. We're getting into rather complex suites of software now. OS and feature development is pretty much non-stop.

My theory is the Wii portion is hacked before the end of the day tomorrow.

Might be longer than that, but I think Marcum still had some exploits for the regular Wii he was saving for the next time Nintendo did a system update to block the homebrew channel... which never happened... so after that's tested, I'd give it a week.

Or Nintendo will have learned nothing about system protection and it'll still be vulnerable to the Smash Bros hack... in which case it'll be up within minutes/hours.

clav

Oh, I thought his graph was showing total MB. Nevermind, no idea how big it is

The graph you're seeing is just a bandwidth chart from the Linux custom router firmware: Tomato.

His upload is faster than his download fyi. The blue line is his download speed.

lednerg

I hope for Nintendo's sake this is just with one file server on, and that tomorrow there will be about 100 others up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The graph you're seeing is just a bandwidth chart from the Linux custom router firmware: Tomato.

His upload is faster than his download fyi. The blue line is his download speed.

I'm only looking at his down rate. He's averaging about 300 KB/sec

FyreWulff

@aegies if you think that nintendo managing to get an update up on their servers five hours before launch vindicates them, i disagree.

salty.

Salty indeed. If you're going to make bets then get ready for some to not cash out.

Seems quite a few journos are more mad that they didn't get their ~exclusive press club benefits~ and had to "lower" themselves to getting the same system at the same time as everyone else.

Top Bottom