• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Capcom have a good E3? Your Expectations? List of upcoming & rumored titles.

I hope it plays like RE4 (I am a bad person, and I hope it looks like Remake 1).

As one of the biggest RE4 fans on this forum:

tenor.gif

You should be tried for war crimes for making statements like that :p

LOCK

I'd like to see Monster Hunter and DMC. I'm one of the heathens that liked DmC.

It's great we are getting Dragon's Dogma on PS4/XB1 but I've given up hope on a Dragon's Dogma 2.

Maybe something new? Maybe Nintendo moneyhats a Mega Man.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Some of you need to accept that the Capcom of the PS2/Gamecube era that used to pump out hit after quality hit is dead. Hoping for a return to the glory days is futile.

I'm not expecting much.

xHiryu

Now that we got UMvC3 and Dogma on PC, all Capcom needs to do is port Okami to current gen and were set.

As for new games seeing as how they have a shit ton of beloved IPs, the most likely to be revealed is DMC but I'm all for a new IP or even some outlandish shit like Power Stone, Mega Man or a 3D Strider game
my dream

Some of you need to accept that the Capcom of the PS2/Gamecube era that used to pump out hit after quality hit is dead. Hoping for a return to the glory days is futile.

I'm not expecting much.

you sound fun. hype is half of the E3 experience sheesh

Now that we got UMvC3 and Dogma on PC, all Capcom needs to do is port Okami to current gen and were set.

As for new games seeing as how they have a shit ton of beloved IPs, the most likely to be revealed is DMC but I'm all for a new IP or even some outlandish shit like Power Stone, Mega Man or a 3D Strider game
my dream

you sound fun. hype is half of the E3 experience sheesh
Capcom needs to port God Hand to PC.

I'll be legit pissed if we don't get anything on RE2make. Even if it's just more info, I just want to know what type of game it is.

I'm expecting:

MH XX Switch port (or hopefully MH5)
RE7 Switch Port
New Megaman tv show tie-in game
MvCI Footage
FLY INTO FREE 2 (PC/PS4/XBONE)

Any less and I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Kuraudo

Banned
Expecting them to reveal REmake 2 or announce Devil May Cry 5 for a release this financial year (probably January or February).

leroidys

I'm not expecting a whole lot, honestly. We already know (roughly) what's in store for SFV and MvC.

My first wish is that they announce a Capcom vs IP-that-I-give-a-shit-about (Bamco, Nintendo, Sega, etc.). But that aint happening.

My fallback wish is to see something from one of their old IP that they recently made a statement about reviving. Mega Man even counts at this point. Why not revive Mega Man Universe as Mega Man Maker or something?

Porting a Monster Hunter to PC would be fucking nice, even MHFU in its PSP graphical jankness would be acceptable. Tired of running AdHoc party on my PS3 to play that game.

A sequel to Dragons Dogma with co-op would be perfect too.

I expect neither of these and only disappointment from Capcpom

Meesh

K my internet is fucked. Anyways, Monster Hunter for Switch, will they mention it? Is there hope? At least a teaser for E3? And if not an official mainline sequel maybe an HD port of a classic like Freedom Unite?

Akiller

REmake 2 reveal,MvCI and june SFV character trailers at Sony conference.

Maybe a Switch game in the Nintendo direct, but i don't think it'll be MH5 since MH games get announced in Japan first.

Mephala

At this point I don't need to pray for Monster Hunter since that is one of their trump cards. For older franchises... Please be Breath of Fire!

A nice Lost Planet with Titanfall style movement would be awesome as well. Imagine Titanfall movement while fighting massive monsters in co-op.

Neoxon

Hoping for DmC2, really underrated game.
Isn't Ninja Theory doing something else right now. The fact that it's apparently Itsuno's game can instantly rule out DmC2. Plus the attempted reboot wasn't exactly that popular with the fans.

Some Nobody

*looks at list of titles in OP* I....don't care about 80 percent of those games, so for me I guess they won't?

In a perfect world, I'd see these titles announced from Capcom over the rest of the year:

- A reboot of Mega Man Battle Network for the Nintendo Switch
- Confirmation of Dragon's Dogma 2
- Lost Star to be proven not fake

The stuff in the OP can also exist, so long as the three games above are still things.

Alternatively, you know how people say Nioh is Team Ninja's take on Souls with a mix of Ninja Gaiden?

My new dream game would be Team Itsuno's take on Bloodborne with a mix of Devil May Cry.

Spman2099

Unless things take a dramatic turn for the better, Marvel Infinite isn't going to be enough to give Capcom a solid E3 (that game looks like a giant mess).

However, if they release DMC5, or show us some of the RE2 remake, then they could have a pretty solid showing.

It would be nice if they announced a ton of new features for SFV and gave that game another solid push, but I think last year's E3 was really the time for that.

I also wouldn't mind a heavily, heavily revised Dead Rising 4. Do the same thing they did with DmC and release a hugely improved "definitive edition" that works the timer back into the game in a meaningful way, greatly increases the difficulty, and adds Psychos back into the mix. Basically, make it a Dead Rising game.

Hopefully they have one really great surprise in store for us that no one expects. They are one of those companies with a ton of really awesome, dormant IPs; so they could always revive one of those and blow us all away.

So to summarize my feelings... do I think Capcom will have a good showing? I am sorta doubtful. Do I think Capcom COULD have a good showing? Absolutely. They could have an amazing showing if they weren't a unique combination of lost, confused, and terrified. They are, like, going through a Nintendo phase right now where they keep making awful decisions. Hopefully this is the E3 that ends that.

Literally the only thing I want from Capcom at this point is a re-release of Okami HD. If Dragon's Dogma can get ported to current gen then I believe Okami can too!

That and I just want to see them start putting effort into supporting the Switch. I feel like they'd make a killing on that platform just by releasing the Resident Evil "HD" remasters. I know they have limited resources and I don't blame them for skipping Switch at launch. It's also pretty clear that the games they're releasing that'll skip Switch this year have been in development for too long to just add another platform for day one. I just hope they can start focusing on it more going forward and maybe announce some late ports. E3 would be a great venue to at least announce that they have more coming to the platform than a slightly updated version of SF2...

Tizoc

Dunno about you kids, but I'd like to have at least one more Classic Compilation title announced. Pref. CPS1/late 80s onwards games.

If they announce DMC5 and Onimusha using Panta Rhei Engine then this would the best E3 for Capcom in many years.
If they announce that Deep Down is alive then they will seal the deal.

Neoxon

Unless things take a dramatic turn for the better, Marvel Infinite isn't going to be enough to give Capcom a solid E3 (that game looks like a giant mess).

However, if they release DMC5, or show us some of the RE2 remake, then they could have a pretty solid showing.

It would be nice if they announced a ton of new features for SFV and gave that game another solid push, but I think last year's E3 was really the time for that.

I also wouldn't mind a heavily, heavily revised Dead Rising 4. Do the same thing they did with DmC and release a hugely improved "definitive edition" that works the timer back into the game in a meaningful way, greatly increases the difficulty, and adds Psychos back into the mix. Basically, make it a Dead Rising game.

Hopefully they have one really great surprise in store for us that no one expects. They are one of those companies with a ton of really awesome, dormant IPs; so they could always revive one of those and blow us all away.

So to summarize my feelings... do I think Capcom will have a good showing? I am sorta doubtful. Do I think Capcom COULD have a good showing? Absolutely. They could have an amazing showing if they weren't a unique combination of lost, confused, and terrified. They are, like, going through a Nintendo phase right now where they keep making awful decisions. Hopefully this is the E3 that ends that.
What about it looks like a mess? The visuals? The story?

Top Bottom