• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Capcom have a good E3? Your Expectations? List of upcoming & rumored titles.

Spman2099

What about it looks like a mess? The visuals? The story?

Sorry for just making the out of hand comment. I will elaborate.

Generally, the product seems to have a lot of warning signs. For one, the graphics don't look super polished. They are reusing assets from MvC3, and they don't look super great (Chris's inexpressive face haunts my nightmares). The lighting engine looks a little rough at the moment as well. This wouldn't be a huge problem, except that the game is set to launch in the near future. This concern over the game not looking particularly finished is aggravated by Capcom's history. Capcom has shown themselves willing to release games before they are ready to be released. SFV is a perfect example of that. Capcom says they have learned from their mistakes, but it is hard to take Capcom at their word these days. Beyond that, we will have to see just how simplified they are making the game. Keep in mind that I am generally happy with many of the decisions they made with SFV, so I am not saying this is a huge shot against MvC:I; but it is just another thing that Capcom has to get right, and you never know with them. Lastly, and one of the big ones, is the murkiness surrounding the X-Men. They are a huge part of the Marvel vs. Capcom series, lacking them would be a HUGE blow.

Some other things would be concerns over how they are marketing the game (selling Sigma as DLC before they have even shown the roster is in bad taste) and concerns over how capable Capcom is at delivering a story driven experience (what they have released so far hasn't looked super impressive).

I don't know, man... What we have been shown just fails to induce a huge amounts of confidence in me.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
All I want from Capcom are Devil May Cry 5 (plays like 3 & 4), Onimusha 5 (plays like 1-3), Dino Crisis 4 (plays like 2), Dragon's Dogma 2 (with the enemy design and magic ideas salvaged from Deep Down), Monster Hunter 5 on PS4 with good visuals and Resident Evil 2 Remake (w/over the shoulder aiming). I could probably die a very happy man after this. Arguments could easily be made as to why Capcom should and could bring these franchises back. There's precedent for games similar to these selling well in the present gaming landscape. Capcom would be stupid to not capitalize.

Neoxon

Sorry for just making the out of hand comment. I will elaborate.

Generally, the product seems to have a lot of warning signs. For one, the graphics don't look super polished. They are reusing assets from MvC3, and they don't look super great (Chris's inexpressive face haunts my nightmares). The lighting engine looks a little rough at the moment as well. This wouldn't be a huge problem, except that the game is set to launch in the near future. This concern over the game not looking particularly finished is aggravated by Capcom's history. Capcom has shown themselves willing to release games before they are ready to be released. SFV is a perfect example of that. Capcom says they have learned from their mistakes, but it is hard to take Capcom at their word these days. Beyond that, we will have to see just how simplified they are making the game. Keep in mind that I am generally happy with many of the decisions they made with SFV, so I am not saying this is a huge shot against MvC:I; but it is just another thing that Capcom has to get right, and you never know with them. Lastly, and one of the big ones, is the murkiness surrounding the X-Men. They are a huge part of the Marvel vs. Capcom series, lacking them would be a HUGE blow.

I don't know, man... What we have been shown just fails to induce a huge amount of confidence in me.
To be fair, MvCI isn't the first current fighting game that reuses assets from a previous entry (Ex: Smash 4, Injustice 2). If I recall, SFV & GGXrd are the only ones this gen who actually remade their assets (the latter kinda had to). I can understand your graphics complaint & the fear of the game launching half-baked (though Story & Arcade are gonna be there on Day 1, so that's a plus). As for the X-Men, that's more of a complaint for Marvel Entertainment, seeing as they mostly dictate who's allowed to join on their side. There's not much Capcom can do in that regard except try to convince Marvel Entertainment to let some X-Men/F4 in.

I can understand your concern the Sigma situation, but it's not unlike how we get DLC announcements for other fighting games ahead of time. As for the story, I'd imagine someone at Marvel will handle the writing for that,

Capcom always has the potential for amazing E3 showings; rarely do they deliver. I'd love for them to build on their great showing at PSX but its hard to get my hopes up for them.

Spman2099

To be fair, MvCI isn't the first current fighting game that reuses assets from a previous entry (Ex: Smash 4, Injustice 2). If I recall, SFV & GGXrd are the only ones this gen who actually remade their assets (the latter kinda had to). I can understand your graphics complaint & the fear of the game launching half-baked (though Story & Arcade are gonna be there on Day 1, so that's a plus). As for the X-Men, that's more of a complaint for Marvel Entertainment, seeing as they mostly dictate who's allowed to join on their side. There's not much Capcom can do in that regard except try to convince Marvel Entertainment to let some X-Men/F4 in.

I absolutely blame Marvel for the X-Men situation, but it will still be a huge blow to the game if they don't make the cut (even if that isn't Capcom's fault).

As for reusing assets... that is sorta the history of the franchise, but they also used to load those games with characters. If that is what they do in Infinite then fair enough, otherwise we are getting inferior character models and receiving nothing in exchange.

I honestly hope your optimism is rewarded.

Neoxon

I absolutely blame Marvel for the X-Men situation, but it will still be a huge blow to the game if they don't make the cut (even if that isn't Capcom's fault).

As for reusing assets... that is sorta the history of the franchise, but they also used to load those games with characters. If that is what they do in Infinite then fair enough, otherwise we are getting inferior character models and receiving nothing in exchange.

I honestly hope your optimism is rewarded.
It'll be a major blow for those of us in the know, but Marvel has sadly gotten away with leaving the X-Men/F4 out of games for years with little impact on sales (or profit in the case of the mobile games) in the eyes of the average joe thanks to the MCU's success. Unless MvCI & Lego Marvel 2 spark an uproar, I'm not sure if it'll hurt MvCI in terms of sales for the long-term. And even then, there's the rumored Fox DLC to consider. Jumping off of that point, the reuse of assets may not result in as massive of a roster as I would hope due to said Fox situation, but I'd imagine that somewhere in the high 30's or low 40's for the base roster should be a possibility.

The main concerns for casuals right now are content & polish, and MvCI seems to have the essentials of the former on Day 1. The problem now is that Injustice 2 raised the bar in terms of content.

Lulubop

All I want from Capcom are Devil May Cry 5 (plays like 3 & 4), Onimusha 5 (plays like 1-3), Dino Crisis 4 (plays like 2), Dragon's Dogma 2 (with the enemy design and magic ideas salvaged from Deep Down), Monster Hunter 5 on PS4 with good visuals and Resident Evil 2 Remake (w/over the shoulder aiming). I could probably die a very happy man after this. Arguments could easily be made as to why Capcom should and could bring these franchises back. There's precedent for games similar to these selling well in the present gaming landscape. Capcom would be stupid to not capitalize.

Whoa, that's all you want? What a reasonable list!

Dragons Dogma on PS4 was a good pre E3 start

Now we need the next Monster Hunter

Breath of Fire redemption (deep 6 BOF6)

and some new stuff

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Whoa, that's all you want? What a reasonable list!

I know right. I mean we've had Dead Rising, Street Fighter, Strider and MvC. Capcom needs to release the games on my list plus Lost Planet and Breath of Fire on PS4 (both of which I forgot to include) and they'll be back to their old selves. I know you're being sarcastic... At least I think so lol but it doesn't have to happen at a single E3 but I'd like to see these games come out within this generation.

AzureFlame

i think deep down if it lives ( i doubt that ) won't be the same game we saw before, there is no way they gonna release a game with that kind of gameplay in this day and age.

I feel like capcom is not gonna announce DMC5 in the fear of overshadowing MvCi character blowout
I don't see how announcing DMC5 could affect MvC:I in a bad way. They are two very different games. If anything, DMC5 fans might even feel more compelled to buy MvC:I as soon as possible to play with DMC characters in that game, especially if they are DMC5's Dante and Vergil.
I want two things, Monster Hunter and Devil May Cry.

I think I'm going to be disappointed.
I highly doubt we'd get both of them in the same event (since they are both huge announcements), so you might have to pick one.

Alternatively, you know how people say Nioh is Team Ninja's take on Souls with a mix of Ninja Gaiden?

My new dream game would be Team Itsuno's take on Bloodborne with a mix of Devil May Cry.
God no.

After Demon Souls, 3 Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nioh and now Code Vein, I don't want Itsuno to do another Souls like game. We have enough of those. What we don't have are action stylish games.

Spman2099

God no.

After Demon Souls, 3 Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nioh and now Code Vein, I don't want Itsuno to do another Souls like game. We have enough of those. What we don't have are action stylish games.

I love Souls games. Love them. However, I agree completely. So many games are taking cues from the Souls series. I don't want them to become more saturated than they already are...

Laplasakos

I hope we see some REmake 2 footage. I am curious if they will go with third person camera, classic/fixed camera or even FPS. A new Onimusha game that plays similar to Souls games would be nice. Devil May Cry 5 or Dragons Dogma 2 would be nice too but i don't think it's happening.

Also MH5 for PS4 is a pipe dream. Too good to be true. Although if Capcom steps up their game it may look great on Switch. Of course it won't get announced at E3. Maybe at a Capcom centered event in Japan or Nintendo direct.

Zukkoyaki

Playable:
- MvC:I information dump that lasts through EVO
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen trailer
- Megaman Legacy Collection 2 trailer and release date
- Street Fighter V new character or two
- Resident Evil Revelations for console trailer and release window

Not Playable:
- Devil May Cry 5 announced for 2018
- Resident Evil 2 Remake debut trailer

Ridley327

Not really expecting more than a MvC:I blowout, the Dead Rising 4 PS4 announcement, a first glimpse at REmake 2 and a likely western announcement for MHXX/MHGU that will be for both Switch and 3DS. Nintendo is helping with Monster Hunter Stories, so that's one already guaranteed title that will be there. Anything more than that would be cool, especially with Itsuno gearing up to finally announce whatever his team has been up to, but I still expect that they're going to save a lot of the really big stuff for TGS.

Raitaro

Onimusha and Dino Crisis would make it an amazing show but that ain't happening so no, it'll be shit.

Nor will Mega Man (beyond that second collection) or Darkstalkers but we can dream at least! I mean, those comments about IP revivals have to account for something, right?

After Nintendo and Sega, Capcom remains the publisher that I'm always the most curious about come E3. They still have their hooks into me because of nostalgia alone I guess.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite, Devil May Cry 5, and Remake 2 is all I care for.

I'm expecting the E3 build for Infinite to significantly better than what was shown in the press release. I'm excited.

SOLDIER

Would love it if someone made a similar E3 rumored thread for Square Enix.

As for Capcom, it's Rival Schools or nothing.

Baleoce

Ones I'm interested in:

Upcoming Titles:

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite

Rumored/Speculatory

New Monster Hunter with "World Wide Appeal"
Knights of Aegis [Capcom Vancouver] (Ghost n' Goblins Reboot)

Something Ace Attorney related for Switch would get my attention as well.

RE2 Remake trailer. Great Ace Attorney 1 & 2 on Switch (with English localization announcement). Killer7 HD Remaster. New Onimusha. New Devil May Cry. Deep Down reannounced. New IP. Shame we'll never get any of these things aside from maybe the first off this list. :/

If it's anything like their last E3, it's probably an established title (probably using the Panta Rhei or RE Engine), followed by a new one.

The one's that will definitely be on display are Infinite and SF V Season 2.

Like everyone here, I'm expecting DMC 5 will be revealed.

I expect DMCV to be at Sonys conference. Especially after capcom didnt even acknowledge the 15th anniversary. They have to have been working on it.

I expect DMCV to be at Sonys conference. Especially after capcom didnt even acknowledge the 15th anniversary. They have to have been working on it.

I wouldn't expect it there to be onest. Between first party updates, new announcements and third parties, I don't think dmc5 would have the deserved exposure. I think psx would be a much better place to announce it.

Just keep the expectations in check ;)

mas8705

As amazing as it would be to see MH at E3 (besides Stories), I'm going to chalk that one down as "Don't hold your breath." The only thing MH related that we could possibly see would probably be MHXX for the West, but that's it. If we were going to see anything with the words "Monster Hunter" and "Switch," it is likely that we'll see that at the Tokyo Game Show where you know the game would explode.

Now the question would be if and when that were to happen: Would it be MHXX for the Switch? or would we see MH5 on Switch?

As for anything else not MH related, I'd imagine that when we see MvC:I, they need to give us a character reveal that will blow our minds, which at this point would have to be someone like Wolverine. Deadpool could count, but then it feels like it would be like a troll response like: "See guys?! The game did get an X-Men character!" But if we just see one X-Men character besides Deadpool, that would be enough to have people lose themselves in the hype.

Blobbers

Release Resident Evil REmake 2, I need my crazy action RE fix after RE7. We're talking sliding, roundhouse kicking, bring in wall jumping, give me that suplexing.

OOOH YEAH, BABY, RE6 AINT GOT NOTHIN ON THIS

As amazing as it would be to see MH at E3 (besides Stories), I'm going to chalk that one down as "Don't hold your breath." The only thing MH related that we could possibly see would probably be MHXX for the West, but that's it. If we were going to see anything with the words "Monster Hunter" and "Switch," it is likely that we'll see that at the Tokyo Game Show where you know the game would explode.

Now the question would be if and when that were to happen: Would it be MHXX for the Switch? or would we see MH5 on Switch?

As for anything else not MH related, I'd imagine that when we see MvC:I, they need to give us a character reveal that will blow our minds, which at this point would have to be someone like Wolverine. Deadpool could count, but then it feels like it would be like a troll response like: "See guys?! The game did get an X-Men character!" But if we just see one X-Men character besides Deadpool, that would be enough to have people lose themselves in the hype.
I actually think MH5 will be a E3. It will probably be a big announcement.

mas8705

I actually think MH5 will be a E3. It will probably be a big announcement.

I'd like to think so too, but something like that usually feels like it would be more suited for the TGS than for E3. Don't get me wrong though, would I prefer to find out at E3 first and be proven wrong? ABSOLUTELY! I just feel like given the love for the MH series in Japan, it feels like an announcement for a new game would likely happen over here than over here.

Jawmuncher

Release Resident Evil REmake 2, I need my crazy action RE fix after RE7. We're talking sliding, roundhouse kicking, bring in wall jumping, give me that suplexing.

OOOH YEAH, BABY, RE6 AINT GOT NOTHIN ON THIS

Moves like that would make more sense as to how Leon survived the events of RE2 as a rookie cop lol

ArjanN

Playable:
- MvC:I information dump that lasts through EVO
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen trailer
- Megaman Legacy Collection 2 trailer and release date
- Street Fighter V new character or two
- Resident Evil Revelations for console trailer and release window

Not Playable:
- Devil May Cry 5 announced for 2018
- Resident Evil 2 Remake debut trailer

This seems pretty likely.

Neoxon

To be fair, Deadpool was always lumped with the X-Men, so I don't see how he would be considered a cop-out.

At this point I'd be happy with a stock font for a logo and 'it's coming' written below it. I need to know DMC5 is on it's way, then I can be as patient as they need.

Top Bottom