• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Windows Central]This one exclusive game almost made me buy a PlayStation, but it's finally been rated for Xbox

gokurho

Summary by chatGPT
The article discusses the game "Kena: Bridge of Spirits," which was previously exclusive to PlayStation but has now been rated for Xbox, generating excitement among gamers. The author considered purchasing a PlayStation for this game but is now eager to play it on Xbox. This development is seen as significant news for gamers and a positive move for Xbox users.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits has been rated by the ESRB for the Xbox Series platform. The third-person action-adventure game was originally released in 2021 by developers Ember Lab as a PlayStation console exclusive, though it was also available on PC as an Epic Games Store exclusive.

Once the exclusivity agreement ended with Epic Games Store in 2022, Kena: Bridge of Spirits was added to Steam. The new rating from the ESRB signals an end to the PlayStation exclusivity period for the game also coming to a close, with a release date for Xbox possibly around the corner.

Reference

Don't buy a PlayStation and Save money :pie_moneyface::goog_money_face:💰🤑💸
-Windows Central-

I really enjoyed playing it. Sure, it's not 10/10 but it doesn't have to be for the game to be an enjoyable time. Hopefully more people give it a shot because it deserves a look.

Chukhopops

has now been rated for Xbox, generating excitement among gamers.
This development is seen as significant news for gamers
Not Kidding Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I was actually pretty excited for this game, and when I finally played it, I immediately bounced off it after less than an hour... for some reason I cannot even remember. Maybe it was bad timing, wasn't in the mood or something -- can't recall. Either way, completely forgot about it until reading this thread lol.

I strongly doubt anyone bought a PS5 specifically to play Kena. Though, it was definitely a great exclusive to have at the time.

Anyway, of course this is just more anti-exclusives propaganda from Windows Central since that's the agenda Microsoft would like the industry to adapt. But I'm not counting on Sony (well, SIE) to rebuke against any of it anymore. Just feels like they are too in-bed with MS corporate these days, didn't Satya Nadella say Kenichiro Yoshida is a "good friend" of his?

I mean, I know corporates of platforms in past gen were on good terms with one another. Ken Kutaragi and Hayao Nakayama (SEGA of Japan), for example. However it still felt like those companies were "hungry" to prove themselves in the industry so competition felt more authentic. As time goes on it feels like the "competition" between SIE and Microsoft Gaming is more like a staged presentation, theatrics. Neither seem hungry to 'prove' anything or have some fundamental ideal at the forefront of their market pursuits anymore.

Well, not unless that ideal is "growth" no matter the cause. Sure, chasing money has always been central for any company in the industry even going back to the start. However it felt like creatives and innovators had more of a say anyhow since so much of that money potential was tied to what they could do to grow the industry (and their companies). Now the audience is a built-in commodity and at least console-wise feels like, even if there is a drop for a platform, they can rely on a large portion to always remain. The role of creatives and innovators probably isn't seen as critical anymore among the bean counters and suits.

Not even gonna get started on how companies like Microsoft & Sony probably have a lot of the same investors, and we know those sorts don't care about anything other than pure hard cash. They have no creative visions and don't innovate in anything other than how to squeeze as much cash from as little effort as possible.

So yeah it's probably best to just expect more "Exclusives are bad!", "All games everywhere is pro-consumer™" articles and stuff from gaming press going forward but only in the confines of forcing PlayStation to turn tide to "catch up" with Microsoft. And probably don't expect SIE to say anything counter to it or do action counter to that because BTS, they've probably already decided to move that way with multiplatform support but won't outright confirm it b/c plausible deniability. Those who figure it out will do what they want; those who don't will keep being very useful paypigs.

Never mind that Nintendo & Steam will be exempt from all of this because they "do their own thing". If my read on SIE's direction is wrong I'd like them to prove it, but as time goes on I doubt that to be the case and doubt there will ever be outright clarification from them, either.

Aenima

Trash article, decent game.

Played Kena once it droped for PS+ and its an ok game with a very charming character. The combat mechanics go too hard on trying to be challenging, and while its fine in most of the game, it kinda ruin the game by the end once some boss fights become frustating hard. I had to lower the dificulty to beat the final boss cuz the combat mechanics was not that fun to try over and over again.

Top Bottom