• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

It's time for another fan-created BIGLOBE poll, which means absolutely nothing but it's always fun to look at the results. Up this time: your favorite singing voice amongst female seiyuu/anime theme vocalists. Out of 5,795 votes, the results:

1) Yoko Hikasa -- 580
2) Nana Mizuki -- 384
3) Eri Kitamura -- 277
4) Kana Hanazawa -- 252
5) Yui Horie -- 224
6) Yukari Tamura and Maaya Sakamoto (tie) -- 223
8) May'n -- 204
9) Aya Hirano -- 166
10) Mami Kawada -- 155

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Watanuki from xxxHOLiC is in it, but in animal form. The "shop" he referred to is the one he inherited from Yuuko.
ijvpTs.png

Fair play to SHAFT, those SZS OP/EDs are especially epic. (I haven't seen the series, should I?)

Season 1 and Season 2 and their associated OAVs are pretty good. Their very good OPs only add onto how enjoyable they are, and especially season 2 was good since SHAFT decided to play around with storytelling.

Season 3 isn't bad per say. They just spent their budget and waste time everywhere, so the episodes just get boring and pretty repetitive.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Cobraja is so fabulous~

I was hoping the episode wouldn't end with the rest of the Drama Club
saying, "oh we're sorry, we didn't realize how much you love drama, we were wrong to leave",
since Erika's description of Drama Girl and the monster's complaints seemed to be leading that way. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

Anyway, the best part of this episode is that it's going to be another Cure Moonlight episode next week, and those are the best episodes!

Night Raid 1931 0

Infiltration based super powers and martial arts. Seems like a winning combination. Interested in how the 4 interact once they get to Shanghai.

It's time for another fan-created BIGLOBE poll, which means absolutely nothing but it's always fun to look at the results. Up this time: your favorite singing voice amongst female seiyuu/anime theme vocalists. Out of 5,795 votes, the results:

1) Yoko Hikasa -- 580
2) Nana Mizuki -- 384
3) Eri Kitamura -- 277
4) Kana Hanazawa -- 252
5) Yui Horie -- 224
8) May'n -- 204
9) Aya Hirano -- 166
10) Mami Kawada -- 155

Hana from Seikon no qwaser at 1, wow. Symphogear/hinata love. Zessica/Ayase for four? nice too. May'n could have been higher.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

1) Yoko Hikasa -- 580
2) Nana Mizuki -- 384
3) Eri Kitamura -- 277
4) Kana Hanazawa -- 252
5) Yui Horie -- 224
8) May'n -- 204
9) Aya Hirano -- 166
10) Mami Kawada -- 155

Nana Mizuki not #1? Japan, I am disappoint!

Thoraxes

1) Yoko Hikasa -- 580
2) Nana Mizuki -- 384
3) Eri Kitamura -- 277
4) Kana Hanazawa -- 252
5) Yui Horie -- 224
8) May'n -- 204
9) Aya Hirano -- 166
10) Mami Kawada -- 155

Houki wins again.

iavi

1) Yoko Hikasa -- 580
2) Nana Mizuki -- 384
3) Eri Kitamura -- 277
4) Kana Hanazawa -- 252
5) Yui Horie -- 224
8) May'n -- 204
9) Aya Hirano -- 166
10) Mami Kawada -- 155

Sakamoto is waaaay too low.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Also, while I LOVE Hnnnnngazawa Kana's acting voice, she's not that good a singer. There's no way she should be above Maaya Sakamoto, May'n, or even Aya Hirano. >>;

Articalys

Hmm... this poll might not be as accurate as it would like to be. 18th place is "Mayn", without an apostrophe, and I don't know how these polls work, but if people were accidentally splitting their votes, then if you add the 109 votes from 18th place the top ten would change to this:

1) Yoko Hikasa -- 580
2) Nana Mizuki -- 384
3) May'n -- 313
4) Eri Kitamura -- 277
5) Kana Hanazawa -- 252
6) Yui Horie -- 224
7) Yukari Tamura and Maaya Sakamoto (tie) -- 223
9) Aya Hirano -- 166
10) Mami Kawada -- 155

Asami Imai at #25 is just bullshit, though.

Also, just for fun, guess who's at the bottom of the list with 24 votes, tied with three others?

Chiaki Omigawa

Makoto

Chihayafuru 20

Suck it down, Taichi.

You better lawyer up bro, because Arata's not coming back for 30%. He's coming back for everything.

PapaKiki 07

-I'm sorry, as much as I loathe the lolicon I chuckled
at his disappointment in meeting Sora.
-Okay, on second thought
as long as he keeps calling Sora "grandma," I could learn to tolerate his presence on the show.
-Yeah, you get in there, Yuuta. Raika wants that.
-
Eviction? That's messed up, but you signed that contract and you gotta uphold that part of the deal.

This was definitely one of the better episodes.

Bodacious Space Pirates 08

-Schnitzer doesn't get enough airtime.
-Oh screw that cliffhanger.

Hmm... this poll might not be as accurate as it would like to be. 18th place is "Mayn", without an apostrophe, and I don't know how these polls work, but if people were accidentally splitting their votes, then if you add the 109 votes from 18th place the top ten would change to this:

Asami Imai at #25 is just bullshit, though.

Also, just for fun, guess who's at the bottom of the list with 24 votes, tied with three others?

Chiaki Omigawa

Can't believe Rie Kugimiya is on that list, and so high up as well.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Puella Magi Madoka Magica 2

I really like the style of the crazy worlds they go into when fighting witches. And that tune that played during this episode's fight was great.

wonzo

Banned
Bodacious Space Pirates 8

Damn, looks like shit's gonna get real next ep.

Chiaki Omigawa
Outside of the Soredemo ED I don't think I've heard her sing so I don't know what to think about this...

To be fair teeth brushing is still a better fetish than the Ntr-thing and all the stuff from Japan.
That's not exactly a very high bar to set!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wait wait wait. This week's Nise is finally the one with that scene?

See you guys in a little while. If it's not as freakish and curiously-erotic as it is in my imagination I'm holding you all responsible.

Thoraxes

Wait wait wait. This week's Nise is finally the one with that scene?

See you guys in a little while. If it's not as freakish and curiously-erotic as it is in my imagination I'm holding you all responsible.

Eh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh...

It was even better than I thought it was possible for them to do.

Eh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh...

Uchip

Banned
More like dat OST

Such a great soundtrack, imo.

It's always good to see more people get into Madoka Magi. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

what is Kajiura working on now?
its one of those rare cases where I check out the music before the actual show

Toriko 45

Even more than I could have hoped for seeing this animated. The trek up the beanstalk is among the cooler adventures in the series and they really outdid themselves adapting it. Lots of crazy creatures and phenomena.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
To this thread's credit, no one made a head joke before ep 3.

Maybe because ya'll are asleep or something.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nisemonogatari 08:

Tonight, I transcended my body and experienced heights of sensory intensity normally reserved for beings that have achieved oneness with existence. I saw things, felt emotions, and tasted a minty freshness whose cosmic levels of intensity I never be able to articulate with limited human speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom