• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Blade of the Immortal 4

This ep felt like an attempt at the poor man's Samurai Champloo. The manji, other dude thing basically took the crux of mugen and jin, and just said told it to the viewer instead of stretching it over the series, lol. Still, it ended up one of the more entertaining eps so far. That OP song is so badass.

Also, that music direction is so Mashimo. Somewhere between Tylor and Phantom, he lost restraint.

Dresden

I found it to be average, but I liked watching it, and was fun for me to watch. It's up my alley of things I like, and i'm always a sucker for that kind of setting no matter what the show.

I remember being disappointed that the show went from a goofy fantasy show to . . . whatever the hell it became later. Political junk.

wonzo

Banned
I can't think of a fantasy anime more enjoyable than Garzey's Wing.

Garzey's Wing 1 (Dub)

Oh, yes....OH YEEES. This dub is humorous excellence.
King of all Bad OldDubland.
Also, DAT RAFT SCENE
People panicking with all the energy of an elderly man on the patio!

"We die together?"
"Probably."
"NOO! It can't be true!"

I have yet to find a dub to make me laugh aloud so much. And I still have two more parts to go! Looking forward to more, "I'm being chased by a REAL army!"
The DVD menu's even better!

I won't. I'll even thank you guys in my last moments.
179296-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

Thoraxes

I remember being disappointed that the show went from a goofy fantasy show to . . . whatever the hell it became later. Political junk.

I read the stuff that comes after the show, and man, it makes me wish for a second season (I know it'll never happen). There's so much more awesome that comes later. I liked some of the political stuff, and also I just like Ferris and Kiefer.

I can agree with you for the most part, but it satisfied a sweet spot in my tastes at any rate.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 05
She is such an adorable necromancer.
I wouldn't lie, I would watch a series of not|friends playing a jRPG together. This is the second time they are doing a Let's Play a RPG together, and it was still just as hilarious, especially with adding more characters into the mix. Seeing Kobato upset that she's being ignored and the resultant fight against Maria only made the episode more enjoyable to watch.

Ultimadrago

Garzey's Wing 2 (Dub)

"If you taste it or smoke it, you get happy and do crazy things!" - Woman #4

capturexoz.png

Aah, love sprouting on the battlefield.

I am enjoying this "So bad, it's actually good" three-parter. The dub, the villain's lines, the animations, the voice pacing, lizards with 90's tiger sound effects all fuse to make for an entertaining package.

I can't think of a fantasy anime more enjoyable than Garzey's Wing.
The DVD menu's even better!
]

I'm surprised they even put some of the dubbed lines in the menu. It would have certainly made for a great newcomer's surprise to hear the first few lines of the actual first part!

wonzo

Banned
Mirai Nikki 20

Any episode revolving around Minene's a damn good episode imo.

It is possible to be more alpha than Madoka?

http://www.abload.de/img/alphamarui2l1f.gif[img][/quote]
madoka's got swag goddamn

[quote="Ultimadrago, post: 35509624"][b]Garzey's Wing 2 (Dub)[/b]

"[i]If you taste it or smoke it, you get happy and do crazy things![/i]" - [i]Woman #4[/i]

[img]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6144/capturexoz.png[img]

Aah, love sprouting on the battlefield.

I am enjoying this "So bad, it's actually good" three-parter. The dub, the villain's lines, the animations, the voice pacing, lizards with 90's tiger sound effects all fuse to make for an entertaining package.[/quote]
Oh man, just wait till the ending. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

[quote]I'm surprised they even put some of the dubbed lines in the menu. It would have certainly made for a great newcomer's surprise to hear the first few lines of the actual first part![/quote]
It's easily up there with the Eva movie dvd menu's.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Only if you dress up as Lan.
I will wear her night-time beach attire!
Lagrange 8

Regulus lied to me!
Just preparing you for the inevitable NTR ending, my love.
This is worse than a Tetsuya Nomura design.
It is possible to be more alpha than Madoka?

http://www.abload.de/img/alphamarui2l1f.gif
mai tru husbando?

iavi

Blade of the Immortal 5

I should have known that it was going to go the way it did, given the fact that
they made sure to give the crazy haired guy sympathy scenes. It also makes sense though, since he was the one that tried to defend Rin's mother when they tore through the dojo
Interesting ep.

Blade of the Immortal 6

Shit's getting kind of real. Parties are starting to come out of the closet, and Manji's
immortality is actually called to question. He's not as invincible as initially made out to be, thankscience.

OP song is still badass.

Lagrange 8
tumblr_m00tsuDQOe1qzg4y5o1_500.gif

The first three minutes was great. They make the vox look great in action and the colors splendid. Similarly the last three minutes was great, and Array. Next episode looks fun,
Izo ftw

I did like the orca lan part, kind of touching, I guess.

Phi Brain 21

I love how deep and complex the plot gets while still incorporating friendship, its nice.
Jikugawa and Cubics part, and when he was squeezing his face, and Cubic was getting emotional and such over being friends with everyone was nice. Nonoha being involved with Kaito to when he was accessing beyond human levels of brain activity was touching, actually teared up in it.

Plot advancements were great and next episode hopefully delivers on the backstory.
Jin and Principal were also Phi Brain candidates maybe? And why is the principal able to roam free, isnt he captured?

Makoto

Time of Eve ONA/film (END)

I really don't have much to say about Time of Eve other than it's a very good sci-fi anime. It finds an appropriate midpoint between comedy and drama. The animation is, for the most part, very good and I found the designs to be very appealing. The lighting in particular was really immersing. I think my one critique is that it was too short. It left me wanting more. I found Akiko to be cutest character I've seen in recent memory and I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to see much of her.

Be sure to watch the movie version.
Yeah, I probably should have just looked up the differences between the two versions earlier, then I would have just watched the movie only instead using it as a follow-up to the ONA. The movie really shed some light on the questions I had after finishing the ONA.

Branduil

The movie is the definitive version due to the additional scenes which flesh out some narrative points and add characterization. I especially liked the chkdsk scene.

Persona 4 - 19
tumblr_lzwbw8X86u1qbs05mo5_250.gif

Yosukes was the best unfair. Date cafe was fun too. The other parts of development in the episode were kind of dull. I mean, who was even the misses in the pageant and trombone girl felt as filler like the episode when Yu was running billions of errands.

Ultimadrago

Garzey's Wing 3 (Dub)

Garzey's Wing - More explosions than expected from Michael Bay (albeit more modest)

captureyr.png

Explosive Arrow to the NUTS! Raw, no holds barred, action!

Notable people:

-Ms.Hassan-san for being called Hassan-san

-Soldier that can lasso a shoelace around a fairy's leg. I mean, seriously, fuckin' props man.

-Tawrad for being able jump across mountain tops like Hulk while throwing bombs.

-Ya-ma-to-tak-eru-no-mi-koto for being called Ya-ma-to-tak-eru-no-mi-koto (Say that five times fast).

Walk of Shame
- Chris' gf for
not giving him sex while he was in a coma. I mean comeooon, you can's keep saying "Take my energy!" and slip your hand in your chest area without me thinking that!

Wait, he helped kill probable hundreds and throws up ove
stabbing a single enemy in the chest
Okaaaaaay.

Ending: "What the fuck?, said the driver behind Chris."

That was pretty darn enjoyable. And has most definitively earned the spot as best bad dub I've ever witnessed. Thanks wonzo for this recommendations, it was fun.

Now for me to watch Bunny Drop this week...

Do I need to prepare to cry?

THAT HAIR FLIP.

ibwH5ASzXDvl6f.gif

Mmmm. That green transformation sequence...very eye-catching.

Articalys

Speaking of Time of Eve, I finally got around to watching that Patema Inverted prologue that was posted earlier today.

The fact that I will probably never get a chance to see this properly in theaters depresses me.

Branduil

Garzey's Wing 3 (Dub)

Garzey's Wing - More explosions than expected from Michael Bay (albeit more modest)

captureyr.png

Explosive Arrow to the NUTS! Raw, no holds barred, action!

Notable people:

-Ms.Hassan-san for being called Hassan-san

-Soldier that can lasso a shoelace around a fairy's leg. I mean, seriously, fuckin' props man.

-Tawrad for being able jump across mountain tops like Hulk while throwing bombs.

-Ya-ma-to-tak-eru-no-mi-koto for being called Ya-ma-to-tak-eru-no-mi-koto (Say that five times fast).
- Chris' gf for
not giving him sex while he was in a coma. I mean comeooon, you can's keep saying "Take my energy!" and slip your hand in your chest area without me thinking that!

Wait, he helped kill probable hundreds and throws up ove
Okaaaaaay.

That was pretty darn enjoyable. And has most definitively earned the spot as best bad dub I've ever witnessed. Thanks wonzo for this recommendations, it was fun.

Crying is one emotion among many you will experience.

Aquarion Evol 9
tumblr_m016krCeKa1qzd219o1_500.gif

Well Andy finally gets a chance
but Amata stands in his way
. Bros before holes and other donut hole references were kind of funny and hilarious. Otherwise, Andy for second favorite character after Amata and Kagura. Pretty solid episode
even if the Big Bang Union Redux just stood there
. The best song played and the union was most memorable all the lines for all of them, were great.

wonzo

Banned
Garzey's Wing 3 (Dub)Wait, he helped kill probable hundreds and throws up ove
Okaaaaaay.
"He's just a human. Humans are just Human." - deranged old grandpa

~Wiiiiings of my heeeaaarrt~

*credits roll. motorcycle flies off into the invisible baraju tree*

...and chris never made sense of this convoluted situation :(

no probs dude, the only tears that'll be shed during bunny drop are tears of joy at experiencing such a fantastic series*

excluding the manga

Muteki Kanban Musume 1

i3JfF.jpg

This is it. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. A hot-blooded female protagonist turning a mundane setting into FUCKAWESOME.

41utg.jpg

Miki is the kind of character that is seriously underused in anime. Well I guess you could say the trope itself isn't underused, but it is rarely applied to her gender and executed so perfectly. While the premise may not be the perfect fit for an idiot female shounen protagonist, it definitely works.

And then we got Megumi, who is equally as hot-blooded and awesome. The story regarding the chalk-throwing training just kept escalating in such a way that it all culminated into one hilarious absurdist scenario.

UqKfZ.jpg

My only concern so far is it seems to be rather episodic. Should be fine though. At least this is a start.

Mirai Nikki 20
tumblr_m014maaNYC1qc254uo1_500.gif

So many emotions I felt.
Nishijima didnt deserve to die he was so good. If Kousaka the brilliant, and the best character in the series, Akise, die, well this may be the second most I would have cried ever over anime characters.

Though rather confused on the actual plot.
Murmur isnt actually in league with Deus, I thought they were imagination, what does she benefit from the next god. It feels like they breezed over it fast, as well as Deus in his own bubble place.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rinne no Lagrange 08:

1vtSll.jpg

#occupykamogawa

This episode was a return to form and I'm pleased that the tasteless fanservice was nowhere to be seen. This week's revelations cleared up one big concern that I had about where the plot was going, that being
the reason that the Voxes are considered "legendary" and have prophesies associated with them
. I was getting increasingly concerned that the show
would take the nature of the Voxes in an overly magical or supernatural direction
when Lagrange has been devoid of these elements thus far, but fortunately we avoided this and instead were given the interesting revelation concerning
the people of Le Garite being the descendants of refugees of an ancient advanced society on Earth, with the Voxes being lost technology that somehow destroyed that society
. The introduction of
fantasy
elements just wouldn't have meshed with the established world or the mood of the show.

Now in news concerning the real reason that most of us are watching Lagrange, Lan is still somehow managing to top herself in HNNNNNNNNG from week to week. We had depressed Lan, awkward Lan, and best of all.
mommy I had a bad dream
Lan complete with
Lan in the middle of a Madoka and Mugi sandwich in bed.

CjuEKl.jpg

Just a beautiful, pure friendship between girls.

Persona 4 ep 20
tumblr_lzxjdrHOZ81qmo3obo3_400.gif

More velvet room parts, the long nosed song was funny. I liked how we had development of the characters. Interaction among the main cast is always good, really enjoyed Kanji Yosukes Teddie parts. Oh and Naoto has the best voice, and personality among the female cast, precious. Hopefully shes playable party member in the game (yu, yosuke, kanji, naoto, I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom