• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Oberstein is super cold blooded though. I have no idea why Reinhardt let him do that. Even when Reinhardt found out about Westerland, he's like "welp, can't do much about that, what's next?"

It's because they all know that Obserstein does the things that need to be done, even if they can never acknowledge that in their hearts.

Jex

[Black Rock Shooter - 5]

Hey, you know, that's not the right way to react to an adult doing that. You don't just ignore it - perhaps you should tell the POLICE.

I can't coherently address the plot of this episode in a reasonable manner because this show is continually pushing the boundaries of logic to their breaking points and I can't stop watching.

I'm pretty sure the music helps.

Cwarrior

Fate/Zero 10 wasn't a bad episode - it was quite well-made and well-directed. The problem with it was its positioning, interrupting the main narrative for the adventures of unimportant side characters. It would have worked well as an OVA special.

........bwahhahahaaha....no just no being a story about a side character was not it’s problem , it was handle in such dumb and contrived way going far beyond corny and becoming quite embarrassing to watch.

From what I remember she comes back to the city after hearing about a serial killer on the lose kidnapping children and she just so happens to run into the crazy killer before he kills her best friend and her classmates then ensues a dumb scene where she struggle with crazy teen killer like two kids fighting for the tv remote control and she goes on to save the day in some silly fashion I erased from my mind.

Jex

Paprika

Hmmm, I don't know what to think about this. Plot wise it was a rather interesting take on lucid dreaming. The sense of surrealism thanks to the mind blowing visuals combined with Susumu Hirasawa's fantastic soundtrack really helped bring the movie to life. Saying that, I feel that something's missing and I can't quite put my finger on it... maybe that's the intention of the film but it just doesn't seem right.

I've discussed my problems with the film at length here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32334083&highlight=paprika#post32334083

Finally managed to catch Gundam 00 and other anime on sale yesterday, is the movie necessary?
I never watched the film, thought the way the second season ended was good enough for me. I mean, I think like there was all that fear for the future sort of vibe going on after the climax, but everything else wrapped up so neatly that pretending everyone lived happily ever after felt much more satisfying. I feel like if I watch the movie, I'll get to see the sexy new suits, but the plot will get all messy and ruin my impression of the series. Also, I'm one of the few(?) who didn't have a problem with the second season.

I never watched the film, thought the way the second season ended was good enough for me. I mean, I think like there was all that fear for the future sort of vibe going on after the climax, but everything else wrapped up so neatly that pretending everyone lived happily ever after felt much more satisfying. I feel like if I watch the movie, I'll get to see the sexy new suits, but the plot will get all messy and ruin my impression of the series. Also, I'm one of the few(?) who didn't have a problem with the second season.

It's worth a watch imo. It actually makes the 2nd season a bit better.

It does kinda pull a 'ME3' at the very end though.

Ano Natsu 11

So everyone dies? YAY!

/XX/

Ooo, had no idea Aniplex was owned by Sony.
You probably remember from things like the famous Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal and Samurai X: Reflection OVAs something called Sony Pictures Entertainment Visual Works Inc. that appeared the in opening credits as principal producer and such... well, that was Aniplex Inc., before it changed of hands in-between divisions. More of a 'spécialité' than the powerhouse it is today.

-Minsc-

So i just watched a video review of Mad Bull 34 and....wow. I really need to see this.

Go forth cajunator, go forth.

Gintama 210-214 - Four Deva's Arc

FourDevas.png

Ahh, the beauty of Gintama. You can easily go back an re-watch a snippet of of the series without feeling burdened. Anyone who's watched this arc knows why I went back to revisit it. This is at least my fourth time watching all the way through. Really, it has it all.

In typical Gintama fashion it's a serious arc interjected with the instances of comedy we all know to expect. There's intense drama. Even though one may predict some of the plot advances, the impact isn't reduced thanks to great direction. Last, but not least, the action. It's been joked about Gintoki not appearing in fighting games do to his lack of any special attack. While it's at times spiced up with some added flash, Gintoki's battles generally require the animation of well choreographed swordplay. If find this all much to my liking.
Man, what a blood bath it is too.

Other viewers have mentioned this arc feels like an endgame arc, without actually being one. If Gintama had ended with this arc I'd be satisfied. Sure, it doesn't close existing plot threads. The way the arc ties up leaves me feeling content.

FourDevas000.png

iavi

Guys, i'm really hyped for Medaka Box for absolutely no reason.

Help save me.

My prayers are with you, soldier. There are few characters as insufferable as Medaka.

Go forth cajunator, go forth.

Gintama 210-214 - Four Deva's Arc

FourDevas.png

Ahh, the beauty of Gintama. You can easily go back an re-watch a snippet of of the series without feeling burdened. Anyone who's watched this arc knows why I went back to revisit it. This is at least my fourth time watching all the way through. Really, it has it all.

In typical Gintama fashion it's a serious arc interjected with the instances of comedy we all know to expect. There's intense drama. Even though one may predict some of the plot advances, the impact isn't reduced thanks to great direction. Last, but not least, the action. It's been joked about Gintoki not appearing in fighting games do to his lack of any special attack. While it's at times spiced up with some added flash, Gintoki's battles generally require the animation of well choreographed swordplay. If find this all much to my liking.
Man, what a blood bath it is too.

Other viewers have mentioned this arc feels like an endgame arc, without actually being one. If Gintama had ended with this arc I'd be satisfied. Sure, it doesn't close existing plot threads. The way the arc ties up leaves me feeling content.

FourDevas000.png

The four divas arc was amazing, and one of Gintamas best, but it also highlighted my one issue with the series: it seems as if all major advancements will always be held back by sorachi's desire to wrap arcs up with a wholly positive bow. Calling back to its core purpose as a gag manga, I guess. It rids the show of a bit of depth it could so have otherwise.

/XX/

Ah thats just what I was looking for, I was afraid they had like ended the 2nd season with no actually good ending forcing it over to the movie.

It's worth a watch imo. It actually makes the 2nd season a bit better.

It does kinda pull a 'ME3' at the very end though.

Maybe Ill check it out eventually, just shocked the movie cost as much as an entire season...

Jormungand PV

These plots always seem so interesting in anime, guess maybe Ill actually watch the anime just to see it in more depth. Eyepatch lady...

Branduil

It is pretty well know, they take pride of things like that, and is a good matter of discussion (Finland's "weeaboo-ness", that is) with the community until they proceed to post comics from their Kuvalauta image-board all over the place...

I don't think I'd be proud of that particular fact.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Another 11

Holy crap. Hoooly crap :D Amazing episode, this series is really stepping on the gas right now.

/XX/

I don't think I'd be proud of that particular fact.
Poor Finns! With the extreme climate they have to suffer and low population density of the country, I can't fault them for wanting cute things in their lives and being proud of it, a bit of company from their 'waifus' and the internet in those lonely winter nights.

Instro

........bwahhahahaaha....no just no being a story about a side character was not it’s problem , it was handle in such dumb and contrived way going far beyond corny and becoming quite embarrassing to watch.

From what I remember she comes back to the city after hearing about a serial killer on the lose kidnapping children and she just so happens to run into the crazy killer before he kills her best friend and her classmates then ensues a dumb scene where she struggle with crazy teen killer like two kids fighting for the tv remote control and she goes on to save the day in some silly fashion I erased from my mind.

Maybe you should watch the episode again, since your entire summary is wrong.

wonzo

Banned
I don't think anyone's posted this Jormungand PV here yet. It's too short to get a good feel for the show, but it does confirm that there will be guns, explosions, and cars.
looks interesting. will definitely check out

I've discussed my problems with the film at length here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...a#post32334083
thanks for the link. that pretty much covered every problem i had with the film's narrative.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I don't think anyone's posted this Jormungand PV here yet. It's too short to get a good feel for the show, but it does confirm that there will be guns, explosions, and cars.
I don't trust White Fox to deliver on those three things in regards to direction and animation.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom