• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

It means she serves Babidi.

Majin Narag, hmm...

5RvTPcr.png

Acca 13-ku - 06

I forgot to comment this. Which says a lot about the series, if you think about it.

What I wanted to comment is how the writing about the MC has changed: the first episode made you think he was pretty smart and attentive, in how he discovered super quick the case of corruption and false reports, and how he noticed the blonde guy was suspicious (the one who stole his lighter). That made you think when he is involved in the coup d'etat he will be a 'player'. Now we have seen in the last two episodes he is truly clueless, almost in a pathetic way, and it has been confirmed with his inner thoughts.

This makes the series pretty boring. I don't know if it's going to recover.

Dragon Ball Super as the one most likely to be binge watched is a no brainer. A solid year of nothing but fansubs and youtube uploads with terrible comments.

JulianImp

The Ride On love!

C4zkZqTUYAE8JOC.png:small

People hopping into Orange after the finale sounds weird, since it didn't feel like a show that lived or died by its ending, and was exactly what it said on the tin right from the start.

Luluco being watched by people who already watched a lot of anime makes sense, since you probably need to know your references to enjoy the series to its fullest (even if it's only Trigger shows).

Also, I hope people who watched HxH on their smartphones remembered to make sure their earphones were plugged in at the time.

Clov

Oh man, I really really hope so. I definitely want a remastered version, aaahhh.

If I'm remembering right, both seasons of The Big O were upscaled for the Japanese BD release. Makes sense for season 2, though it's disappointing for season 1.

Qurupeke

Scum's Wish 6
Not enough Akane this week, but her evilness has spread out to the rest of the cast anyway. Ecchan shows more of her real personality, she's really much worse than I thought, and Hanabi continues to lose her way on the quest to outscum the Queen. Also, I liked how Hanabi's icon on the phone was some fireworks.

JulianImp

I guess the hype for the last episode of Re:Zero was legit.

The series didn't do it for me personally though.

I was in Osaka with crappy 25kbps wi-fi at the time, so I ended up watching it a couple weeks late. It was a fairly decent show at times, but I never actually felt the rush to watch the final episode unlike other shows.

Aiii

So not worth it
Orange needs more love, that show was great disregarding that it had a few cheap animations here and there.

Orange needs more love, that show was great disregarding that it had a few cheap animations here and there.

I liked it and think it did a pretty convincing job tackling Depression. My only kind of hang up about it is the awkwardness of how the Love Triangle is settled.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Has there been one when a male has transferred to a flat chested female body so they don't really notice until they go to scratch their now non existent balls?

That's more associated with going to take a piss and realizing something is missing.

I think that is exactly what happen in gantz author debut work.

Konosuba s2 6
Oh god the va for everyone is perfect. It's like the voice director told them all to go crazy and ham it as possible. Kazuma 'shogeki' and Aqua rant is too damn funny.

Kobayashi maid dragon 6
Was expecting something more outrageous, but yeah, i can see why people got sour by forehead and Kanna moments and Lucoa sekuhara a shota.

But hey, bromance part was legit good

KraytarJ

Scum's Wish 5
Minagawa is the hero anime needs.

Scum's Wish 6
God Hanabi sucks, like I know everyone is awful on this show but Hanabi is just so lame. Though everyone basically coming to terms with the shit situations they're in, be it Ecchan trying to stir shit up or Moca being willing to take anything Mugi will give her, added a nice extra layer of suffering to the misery cake.

Cornbread78

Penguindrum ep.17
Well, fucking Tabuki is getting in on the torment now? WTF. Also, what was up with the Shouta x Himari scene? Did they really just....

Speaking of Gintama just watched the Trial of the Century the other day. I feel bad for Hasegawa because the show always finds new ways to crap on him, but his misery his hilarious.

I don't know who over at studio Pierrot gave us today's episode, but it's basically everything I want in goofy animation.

giphy.gif

Also Orochimaru spends the majority of the episode just wandering around the Leaf village for no clear reason without ever being hassled, which feels like the makers are aware of how bullshit his survival is.

It's because of the recent Gintama talk that I've continued watching after a several months break after episode 53 . I dunno, Gintama didn't manage to grab me like School Rumble did and there wasn't much content I really loved. However, it appears the show is still growing on me as I've been having a real good time now.

I'm four episodes away from the end of Penguindrum and still waiting for it to 'hit" me like Utena did around episode 28-30, when my view of the show, events and characters completely changed.

There's a lot of things I like about Penguindrum but its not a very satisfying show for me thus far. Take just the henshin/Princess sequences, which are all amazing - but they don't really feel like they contribute to the show the way duels in Utena do or even the court scenes in Yuri Kuma did. It doesn't feel kneecapped by episode count like Yuri Kuma, it just feels like it doesn't have anywhere its headed. The goals haven't been achieved the entire show (nor explained - still don't know wtf the Penguindrum is) and it hasn't moved on to anything else. Characters like Masako and Yuri show up but don't really have an arc or massive impact on the show and have it move on like in YKA or Utena.

It might have my least favorite cast out of the three as well. I like Yuri, the Princess and Masako but other then that there aren't a lot of stand out moments. Like the villain "Isn't it Electrifying guy" is nothing compared to Akio.

edit: the OPs and EDs are really, really fucking good though. Like even compared to Utena and YKA it wins out easily

Quasar

I'm kind of curious how Nisemonogatari was received here when it aired. Just one episode was enough in Maidragon's case, though I suppose there was a shock factor too. But in Nise's case, it's like every episode had something questionable...

Not sure as I'm not sure I was on the thread then. Whining I assume. My complaint was I felt the Karen story dragged and should have been shorter. Of course I've basically liked all *monogatari, aside from maybe the cell phone short series. But my complaint was more one of format. I'd say it's my favourite long running anime thing overall.

Certainly after nise aired there was lots of dental hygiene jokes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 69 – Cronos Versus Napoleon! March of the Toy Soldiers
C41EqE3WMAEtwvw.jpg:small

He did the Juudai! Chronos confirmed for best teacher!

Best part was the people quickly fixing and destroying Red Dorm throughout the match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know who over at studio Pierrot gave us today's episode, but it's basically everything I want in goofy animation.

giphy.gif

Also Orochimaru spends the majority of the episode just wandering around the Leaf village for no clear reason without ever being hassled, which feels like the makers are aware of how bullshit his survival is.

A secret final episode of Rock Lee's Ninja Pals not in SD?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom