• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Without war, people will never know the true value of peace.

I secretly like that every "villain" in the back half of Gundam Wing is falling over each other trying to be said villain who makes a war so awful that the world will finally succumb to peace. It's literally both sides by the end...so why not just agree to not fight anymore?

This is like two twitter bots having a conversation and both of them can only make gundam quotes

That's funny, Metroid. I'm crying. And I'm not sad at all.

I secretly like that every "villain" in the back half of Gundam Wing is falling over each other trying to be said villain who makes a war so awful that the world will finally succumb to peace. It's literally both sides by the end...so why not just agree to not fight anymore?

That would make far too much sense for that show.

duckroll

Because they're not fighting for themselves, they are fighting for everyone.

Scum's Wish - 06

This shooooooooooooooow. Everyone is scum.
uVyUf5j.png

Tales of Zestiria 18
Ok....the ending to this episode! WOW! I loved how, even if it was short, everyone looked sooooo coool. Ufotable working their magic! The way they presented the malevolence this episode felt really cool too. That
dragon corpes man
...gosh! Also liked how they introduced some Berseria elements, even if imo it was kind of very spoilery, but oh well. I finished the game anyway.

Cornbread78

Death Parade ep.8
No idea how Decim is going to judge this one since it's obvious both are out
for revenge and have killed or will
Tough one here.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 2 (Subtitled) Episode 65 – A New Threat
C41HHSfWIAAfO-p.jpg:small
C41O61nWQAI_L83.jpg:small

Op song left a bit to be desired, I miss knotlamp for the OP. La-vie at least got to sing along to some pretty awesome visuals. ED from vistlip was was a pretty awesome song and the visuals good.

I like how Riding Duels got an upgrade in the city setup. Elevated platforms, dedicated lanes, even optimized routes, hoping to see if it gets even deeper than this.

zulux21

funimation announced the gosick dub cast

Apphia Yu as Victorique de Blois
Matt Shipman as Kazuya Kujo
Adam Rowe as Grevil de Blois
Kristen McGuire as Cecil Lafitte
Erica Mendez as Avril Bradley
Morgan Garrett as Sophie
David Wald as Albert de Blois
Elizabeth Maxwell as Cordelia Gallo
Robert McCollum as Brian Roscoe
Kent Williams as Jupiter Roger
Clifford Chapin as Yasuhiro Kujo
Megan Shipman as Ruri Kujo
Kasi Hollowell as Julie Guile
Aaron Roberts as Ned Baxter
Brian Mathis as Maurice
Juli Erickson as Roxanne
Luci Christian as Phantom Thief Quiaran
Ian Sinclair as Maxime
John Burgmeier as Alan
Kyle Phillips as Derek
Cris George as Raul
Michelle Rojas as Mildred
R Bruce Elliott as Headman Sergius
Lucien Dodge as Ambrose
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Harminia
Rachel Michelle Thompson as Anastasia
Jeremy Inman as Garnier
Brittany Lauda as Luigi
Brandon Potter as Superintendant General Signore
Anastasia Munoz as Jacqueline de Signore
Caitlin Glass as Marion
Ray Hurd as Leviathan
Sonny Strait as Rupert de Giret
Lydia Mackay as Coco Rose
Charlie Campbell as Baron Musgrave
Dallas Reid as Ian Musgrave
David Matranga as Young Albert de Blois
Todd Haberkorn as Wong Kai
Christopher Wehkamp as Simon Hunt
Monica Rial as Carmilla
Monica Rial as Morella
Amanda Lee as The Orphan
Chris Rager as The Knight
Seth Magill as The Lumberjack (Gideon Lesglant)
Stephanie Young as Ginger Pie
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-16/funimation-announces-gosick-english-dub-cast/.112355

I am afraid of watching the next Scum's Wish. I don't know how much more misery I can watch. I think I am just watching it to be constantly disgusted with the depravity of these characters and say, "Look how miserable these characters are."

Not sure what is compelling me to continue, but I am because I am a sadistic motherf*****...

School Days has done it's damage.

Death Parade ep.8
No idea how Decim is going to judge this one since it's obvious both are out
for revenge and have killed or will
Tough one here.

You're in for a ride. This story is super cool.

I am afraid of watching the next Scum's Wish. I don't know how much more misery I can watch. I think I am just watching it to be constantly disgusted with the depravity of these characters and say, "Look how miserable these characters are."

Not sure what is compelling me to continue, but I am because I am a sadistic motherf*****...

School Days has done it's damage.

You're in for a ride. This story is super cool.

Watch Kemono Friends and be purified with its innocence.

Escaflowne Episode 10
C41Y86mWYAAatIw.jpg:small
C41Zb80WAAAT44k.jpg:small

Prince Van makes some pretty nice faces, but then also some hilarious ones.

Intense episode and all that deception, why do they believe in this random seer and not facts that they could easily investigate. Always baffling in media.

KraytarJ

Masamune 7
Basically the Aki/Makabe relationship is the life-blood of the series, which may sound obvious but almost everything else around the relationship falling into being one of those romantic comedies that their relationship is meant to parody is a little jarring.

Looking up information about the manga, it's set at a school for filthy rich psychotic people who spend their days doing crazy gambling. Could be fun?

It's pretty fun, especially because the main character is actually the most psychotic of all. What baffled me is the inclusion of her sidekick, this mundane everyday guy who doesn't even work as an audience surrogate because he tends to not appear for long stretches of time.

Sterok

Aikatsu! Aiming for the Magical Aikatsu Card

So in this companion episode to the Stars movie with the original cast, we've got a vampire, Jurrasic Park III, baseball, a motorcycle crash, a transforming ninja, marriage, witches vs dragon, a flying cow, a magician, Star Wars, and magical girls. Are these people still idols? Well yes, because everyone gets one last performance on stage. Everyone! Even Shion! Except those who never got to dance. And Hikari. Poor Hikari. A nice treat to see everyone one last time.

Cornbread78

Hand Shakers ep.6
If nothing else, it's rare to get an entire episode with a single battle. However, this battle of the week format just doesn't work when there is little to no story or substance to it. It's using a similar formula to what didn't work with Magical Girl Raising Project where they give you a background story on the enemies just in time to "kill" them off.

JulianImp

Hand Shakers ep.6
If nothing else, it's rare to get an entire episode with a single battle. However, this battle of the week format just doesn't work when there is little to no story or substance to it. It's using a similar formula to what didn't work with Magical Girl Raising Project where they give you a background story on the enemies just in time to "kill" them off.

I'm glad I didn't keep on watching after that first episode, then. Seriously, when will scriptwriters learn that throwing flashbacks our way in the very same episode a character dies is not going to make us empathize with them on anything but the most superficial of levels? Even if they didn't want to devote more than a single episode to flesh them out, there're infinitely better narrative devices to try and make us empathize with a character than just cheap flashbacks to their often tragic past.

zulux21

I have never been more hyped over a license rescue than I am now.

Also says the first blu-ray/dvd set comes out May 30.

yup. It was anounced to be releasing in may so we at least knew that, but the cast is interesting.

I am very happy it is getting a dub though as it means I will buy it sometime this year (likely earlier than later as I want to support them rescuing shows)

I need to go back through the list of shows without a license now but I think this leaves one outs as my top realistic anime rescue hope now (cross game and others are on the list too but are over 26 episodes and thus far less likely to get saved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom