• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Konosuba S2 1

This was like the Seinfeld finale in anime form. With Darkness playing the role of George's mom and everything.

holy fuck these G Gundam BD improvements

holy fuck

This looks like a completely different show.

C18VLmYXEAQbv3c.jpg:large
C18VQT1XAAAWFMf.jpg:large

C18VbSWWEAA_3gB.jpg:large
C18VdJRXAAA0vyQ.jpg:large

IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

So I'm going through the Jojo OT thread, and apparently the episode July 15, with Superfly, Enigma, Cheap Trick, and
Hayato finding out about Kira
were all separate stand-alone chapters?

I was wondering how this was done in the manga with the way the episode was structured almost like Baccano! with all the different times.

If so, that was a really neat way for David Production to handle the source material with the limited run time they had.

So I'm going through the Jojo OT thread, and apparently the episode July 15, with Superfly, Enigma, Cheap Trick, and
Hayato finding out about Kira
were all separate stand-alone chapters?

I was wondering how this was done in the manga with the way the episode was structured almost like Baccano! with all the different times.

If so, that was a really neat way for David Production to handle the source material with the limited run time they had.

Pretty much exactly what it says. All those arcs played out as separate arcs with no cutaways to each other or timestamps (it's unlikely they all took place on the same day). EXCEPT the entire cheap trick arc happened between Hayato and Kira's bath scene, likely because Araki was thinking, "Oh shit, I should probably remind the readers that the
ghost alley exists because it's going to be important, not to mention I got to give Rohan a reason to find Hayato so that BTD works.
"

The anime consolidating and framing these encounters into larger 'ambush arc' works to heighten the tension as we enter the final stretch, as well as take advantage of the different mediums as multiple cutaways wouldn't work in manga form.

KazenY2J

Maid Dragon - 01:
Cute designs aside, it wasn't all that funny and dragged on at times. I feel this would've been better in a 10 min. format.

KonoSuba S2 - 01:
Kazuma still GOAT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I might even import Mobile Fighter G Gundam Blu Ray. I've already spent so much getting various other versions why not break the bank. I've seen it enough that I don't even need subs.

duckroll

Tales of Zestiria the X - Episodes 10-11

Wooo more Suhara storyboarded action. Errr not bad I guess. Plot's getting more "serious", but I'm glad the characters are still cool people and not edgelords. Ufotable is definitely trying to use their digital team to carry the scale of a lot of the larger scenes, but I think the results are middling. Sometimes it looks good enough to fit, but there are enough instances of it standing out and just looking like bad CG crowds to show they still need to improve on their efforts.

The most interesting part of this adaptation so far is that I can't really tell how this story would make a good RPG. Is it that different from the game? Because it feels like there are barely any towns, and a lot of the areas would just be wide empty spaces connected by cutscenes and boss fights.

Whoever writes the scripts for the skits in the previews is really good though. Are the skits in the actual game this funny?!

PK Gaming

Flip Flappers (What I wanted):

a42eebe66a65ee1d15dd8490baff0c2e.gif

Flip Flappers (What I got):

tumblr_inline_nbnorzP3q81qm7ulx.gif

Also Haikyuu is goddamn amazing. Almost done with season 1 and apparently it gets waaaayyyy better.

Clov

well that's fucking dumb. Let's start holding back shit from Japan then.

It sucks, but that's how anime releases over here work. Since North America shares the same Blu-Ray region as Japan, Japanese companies are paranoid about Japanese customers opting to import the cheaper North American releases instead of their own, more expensive domestic releases.

That's also the reason why certain titles sold through RightStuf can't be shipped to Japan; I've noticed this on both Aniplex and NISA releases.

Jintor

It sucks, but that's how anime releases over here work. Since North America shares the same Blu-Ray region as Japan, Japanese companies are paranoid about Japanese customers opting to import the cheaper North American releases instead of their own, more expensive domestic releases.

I mean no wonder, the industry only survives because of its captive nature.

from anecdotal experience the fact that most japanese consumers don't know jackshit about importing is the only thing that saves quite a few industries

Jintor

Kobayashi Maid-Dragon 1

I guess it's okay. Seems like it's trading mainly on premise and craft for the moment.

Gorgeous BG shots and animation like you'd expect from kyoani and I like that the 'normal person' is a disaffected adult, but nothing jumping out at me just yet.

Jintor

Akiba's Trip 2

I like that I recognise Akiba by sight, but again, why is there nobody in Akiba apart from the main characters it is not nearly crowded enough

i have been to this maid cafe i think. it was much smaller

as usual in-show news reports somehow magically got the camera footage from the show's camera ow my head hurts is there a trope for this

this is somehow lacking the energy from last episode

okay there is a giant maid. i thought it was an animation error but nope, she's fucking giant. i like it.

i don't think this episode is very good but it was just ludicrous enough to put a bit of a smile on my face. That said, this action sequence is kind of godawful and not really in a fun way until it got to the highlight where the guy randomly grew like ten billion sizes so that dude could run on his hand

Szadek

One Room - Ep. 1
I suppose not having a proganist is one way to not have a terrible lead for your harem (?) anime.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - Ep. 1
I liked it so far. Lesbian Dragon maidens ftw.

Taruranto

Onihei #1

Terrible, dropped.

Acca #1

This was pretty bad too. Especially the first 6 minutes or so with the jrpt-tier dialog featuring characters explaining stuff everyone should know already. The rest wasn't much better.

Looks like this will be a catch up season for me, LWA and Rakugo seem to be the only shows I have genuine interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom