• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Oh shit, Rita, lol. So true.

Rita is secretely the best character of the show.

D3GRskA.gif

Cornbread78

Akiba's Strip ep.1
I was constantly expecting for the imouto to get involved so I would have to smash my phone, but thankfully, this was just regular trash. Not fun or funny trash, just regular mundane, boring trash that you shouldn't watch at work.

I think I'll just play the Vita version, which I bought during on of the PSN sales for like $5. It's a million miles away in my backlog, but hey, there's a lot more interesting stuff coming this season.

Akiba's Strip ep.1
I was constantly expecting for the imouto to get involved so I would have to smash my phone, but thankfully, this was just regular trash. Not fun or funny trash, just regular mundane, boring trash that you shouldn't watch at work.

I think I'll just play the Vita version, which I bought during on of the PSN sales for like $5. It's a million miles away in my backlog, but hey, there's a lot more interesting stuff coming this season.

Hmm, if you didn't like the show I kinda question whether you'll like the game, it's not much different. (I mean, tonally and atmosphere wise. It's maybe a bit less overtly silly, but yeah, same sort of generic story and pervy humor.)

Cornbread78

Hmm, if you didn't like the show I kinda question whether you'll like the game, it's not much different. (I mean, tonally and atmosphere wise. It's maybe a bit less overtly silly, but yeah, same sort of generic story and pervy humor.)

I'm all for sophmoric humor and fine with ecchi shit, but something wasn't grabbing me with this one. I might give it another episode, but it's getting a short leash.

I see the SAO inclusion in the OP was a great choice.

0Y8CUb6.gif

Thud

Sölf;227685361 said:
I am not even on that list. God, I need to step my game up and no life more.

Post more Gintama.

Gintama 139-146

Great to see the Yoshiwara in Flames arc animated. Weird that I haven't read Gintama for such a long time, but I still remembered this arc clearly. Also I can't remember the last 7 episode arc in the Gintama anime. Maybe the Benizakura arc.

What really nails this arc is the mix of action, drama and comedy. It starts with a kid stealing wallets just so he can buy his way towards his mother. Pretty fucked up and it ends with that kid selling dildo's in an adult toy store.

Sölf

Post more Gintama.

Gintama 139-146

Great to see the Yoshiwara in Flames arc animated. Weird that I haven't read Gintama for such a long time, but I still remembered this arc clearly. Also I can't remember the last 7 episode arc in the Gintama anime. Maybe the Benizakura arc.

What really nails this arc is the mix of action, drama and comedy. It starts with a kid stealing wallets just so he can buy his way towards his mother. Pretty fucked up and it ends with that kid selling dildo's in an adult toy store.

Benizakura is only 4 or 5 episodes I think. Also, Yoshiwara in Flames is the longest arc I think.

Moaradin

Sölf;227686599 said:
Benizakura is only 4 or 5 episodes I think. Also, Yoshiwara in Flames is the longest arc I think.

The last two arcs in the latest season are a tad bit longer I think

Just T

Despite all the manga love I read online, the art is inconsistent. Sometimes the characters look very much designed like they do in the anime, other times they look a bit fatter, or in a vaguely different style. The art is highly detailed, but yeah, lacks consistency
Well at least it's really detailed but yeah that must be pretty jarring.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Your favorite shit is ANIME.

ANIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.38
Thus was alright. More battles/action would be nice at least. Also, if Seigan dies next weeks fangs will be beared at the staff. I really shouldn't read MAL boards because everyone is just pissed that they strayed soooo far off from the manga and are skipping big events that would greatly help the story...

TUSR

Banned
If someone wants to proof the Simulcast titles and times in the OP, I have the CR entries in. The time slots are always in flux as the season starts. Simuldubs not included.

Monday
16:00 Gabriel DropOut
17B2PFm.png

Tuesday
16:30 Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends
17B2PFm.png

18:00 Hand Shakers
17B2PFm.png

19:05 Kemono Friends
17B2PFm.png

Wednesday
14:00 Akiba's Trip The Animation
17B2PFm.png

16:30 Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
17B2PFm.png

Thursday
16:00 Masamune-kun's Revenge
17B2PFm.png

Friday
15:30 Saga of Tanya the Evil
17B2PFm.png

17:00 Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
17B2PFm.png

18:00 Seiren
17B2PFm.png

18:30 Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc
17B2PFm.png

Saturday
16:00 Rewrite: Moon and Terra
17B2PFm.png

Sunday
16:30 Idol Incidents
17B2PFm.png

19:35 Gintama.
17B2PFm.png

TBD Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceita
17B2PFm.png

Twin Star Exorcists ep.38
Thus was alright. More battles/action would be nice at least. Also, if Seigan dies next weeks fangs will be beared at the staff. I really shouldn't read MAL boards because everyone is just pissed that they strayed soooo far off from the manga and are skipping big events that would greatly help the story...

how does one criticize an anime with KENN!!!?

I never saw people criticize Macross Delta for example.

Cornbread78

how does one criticize an anime with KENN!!!?

I never saw people criticize Macross Delta for example.

People are pissed because they are so far off from the source material now and there is no way (even with 12 episodes) that they can finish the series properly. They even skipped a bunch or Rokuro x Benio stuff as well as a ton of info on the 12 guardians..

Cornbread78

Cornbread can you do something for me with your free time and read my post above.

I'm at work right now (on my phone) but I'll check tomorrow from the office when I have multiple screens in front of me, lol.

Someone else could always step up and help brotha TUSR out too. Yeah, I'm talking to all you weebs out there!

I doubt it, personally. Dive just strikes me as a Free rip-off, and I think others will feel the same. Not to mention it'll only be simulcast here on Amazon Prime, which is really going to limit its exposure to Western audiences.

Im sure Dive!! will be popular and widely seen. People watched Battery afterall. And I think it could potentially distance itself from Free!. Its not like we havent had multiple successful Basketball, Soccer, or Baseball anime, I imagine the same will be true for swimming.

Saprol

Amagami 13-16

Swim club girl arc? More like swimming-in-a-sea-of-thirst arc.
The drowning in pussy arc

Which is every arc in that show
hmm yes this is going somewhere on my list

If someone wants to proof the Simulcast titles and times in the OP, I have the CR entries in. The time slots are always in flux as the season starts. Simuldubs not included.

I can confirm those are the current times or we're both bad at conversion. Chain Chronicle having OVAs and a TV version threw me for a loop though.

Clov

Im sure Dive!! will be popular and widely seen. People watched Battery afterall. And I think it could potentially distance itself from Free!. Its not like we havent had multiple successful Basketball, Soccer, or Baseball anime, I imagine the same will be true for swimming.

While your latter point is fair... frankly nobody watched Battery. :p I don't know anyone outside of this thread who had even heard of it.

Cornbread78

Man, y'all just reminded me that I need to watch Amagami + at some point soon to see the second set of ships, lol

Edit:
Nevermind, SS+ just extends each girls arc by an episode or two with "future" events..

zulux21

Sölf;227685679 said:
Yeah, well, I am busy making games (current version is not in the GAF thread yet).

ah thats cool I was doing that for a bit... and then I stopped to focus on writing instead lol.

I now use my rpg maker skills to make maps of towns in my story to make sure they flow right lulz.

duckroll

Miss Bernard Said - Episode 7-12 (End)

Before I knew it, the series was over. Now I feel empty. I already miss the characters. I don't know what is particularly good about this series but it was somewhat charming. I wonder if Kanbayashi got fired for flipping that table... I think what makes the series work best is that each episode has a punchline of sorts at the end which is pretty funny in an unexpected way. Dat Interstellar name reference drop tho. Lol.

Is this going to get another 3 seasons like that climbing short show?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Cornbread, what OT's are you doing this season? If you aren't doing Konosuba Season 2, I'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom