• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only time I ever watched One Piece was the 4Kids dub.

What a waste .. you haven't watched one piece at all then .. what you've watched was some sick experiment done by a sick/crazy/ignorant cult with only goal was to delife art by whatever means possible !

Give it a try , anime or manga but forget about the 4kids dubs .....

jgminto

What a waste .. you haven't watched one piece at all then .. what you've watched was some sick experiment done by a sick/crazy/ignorant cult with only goal was to delife art by whatever means possible !

Give it a try , anime or manga but forget about the 4kids dubs .....

I'll try a better version eventually. But it's pretty daunting.

trejo

Relearning stuff should not be looked down upon. Knowledge is the biggest adventure you can have!

Dammit Extollere that was the video I was looking for!

We shall call this effect the asynchronous :chet wave/particle duality.

Knowledge is yummy and delicious.
I devour as much as possible.
Teach me stuff!

10^2 + 11^2 + 12^2 = 13^2 + 14^2

Isn't it beautiful?

qImBwYX.gif

From the New World 16:
Incredible. Emotional. Poignant.

Maria's letter, with the accompanying visuals, was amazing. I loved seeing all the clips of the three characters as kids while Maria narrated. It really tied everything together, and provided a good look at the relationship between the adults and the children, and the war of the generations. Maria also made some great points about not wanting to be part of a society that did things like that. The scene at the end of the episode when Saki and Satoru were talking and being optimistic about potential scenarios, and then Saki just broke down was really moving.

Then, we got some more compelling evidence that the Monster Rats are related to humans (most likely being descendants of the people who couldn't use power), and the ending with Saki's dream message about Maria tied back with the narration the adult Saki gave about Maria earlier in the series.

how did this even become a thing? Sweden of Finland have so many more of those!

Well, all westerners are the same, clearly.

More generally speaking, I would assume that it's because they're the most foreign elements of what western people look like. Japanese people have black or brown hair, but not blonde hair. They also tend to not be as tall on average. So Americans in Japanese media tend to be portrayed as tall, blonde people, often with large racks if they're female.

zeroshiki

I'm a relative newbie as such to anime (unless you don't count Pokemon at the height of its fame), but just wanted to say - (Y) on the Whisper of the Heart GIF. LOVE. THAT. FILM.

That was a great movie for Ghibli and was supposed to signal the start of Ghibli expansion with new blood.

courtesy of Zettai Karen Childre: The Unlimited: Hyobo Kyousuke 3
tumblr_mgzxmcZUgM1rynebso1_500.gif

Pretty good episode if only for various antics between these two (poor Minomoto kun) and then with Andy and Hyobu. Could have used a bit more action though.

Syrinx

Wow, Gaming-side is scared to death of us... lol

I think now would be an appropriate time for all of us to vow that we will never post that disturbing pic of little girl pretending to be preggers on gaming side. Or off-topic. Hell, why don't we just all agree never to post that anywhere?

OceanBlue

I think now would be an appropriate time for all of us to vow that we will never post that disturbing pic of little girl pretending to be preggers on gaming side. Or off-topic. Hell, why don't we just all agree never to post that anywhere?

I need to remember to save that picture. Being in the position to post it yourself must be way more entertaining than waiting for it to be posted by someone else!

Nafe

I think we all know that the current thread numbering system is really a secret conspiracy against the AnimeGaf archivists.

Since quite a few people seemed to be interested in the record of all the old AnimeGaf threads I've updated by adding the current thread and mentioning the page count of the last.

The recent discussion made it seem like people were interested in who starts a thread maybe so I added who was the thread starter for all previous threads in brackets. I also added the exact number of posts each thread ended on as well to the page number it reached.

Here's the current updated record:

----

Note 1: There is no Winter 2005 listed because Fall 2004 goes into March of 2005, covering both Fall of 2004 and Winter of 2005.

Note 2: There is no Winter 2006 listed because the Spring 2006 thread actually starts in January and goes until June thus covering both Winter and Spring seasons.

Note 3: Winter 2011 seems to be mislabeled as 2010 as it covers the winter 2011 season. There is no Winter 2010 thread then as Fall of 2009 goes into January of 2010 and the Spring 2010 thread starts in February leaving only a month gap.

Note 4: Fall of 2012 may or may not have had an OT4...

Fall 2004--(FnordChan) 295 posts/Up to 6 pages!

Spring 2005--(bloke) 774 posts/Up to 16 pages.
Summer 2005--(duckroll) 268 posts/Up to 6 pages.
Fall 2005--(bloke) 679 posts/Up to 14 pages.

Spring 2006--(FnordChan) 614 posts/Up to 13 pages.
Summer 2006--(FnordChan) 813 posts/Up to 17 pages.
Fall 2006--(FnordChan) 720 posts/Up to 15 pages.

Winter 2007--(7Th) 755 posts/Up to 16 pages.
Spring 2007--(7Th) 2432posts/Up to 49 pages!
Summer 2007--(7Th) 700 posts/Up to 14 pages.
Fall 2007--(FnordChan) 1264 posts/Up to 26 pages.

Winter 2008--(7Th) 740 posts/Up to 15 pages.
Spring 2008--(FnordChan) 3079 posts/Up to 62 pages!
Summer 2008--(mephesta) 1099 posts/Up to 22 pages.
Fall 2008--(FnordChan) 1107 posts/Up to 23 pages.

Winter 2009--(rykomatsu) 594 posts/Up to 12 pages.
Spring 2009--(FnordChan) 1153 posts/Up to 24 pages.
Summer 2009--(FnordChan) 1206 posts/Up to 25 pages.
Fall 2009--(7Th) 1150 posts/Up to 23 pages.

Spring 2010--(anotheriori) 3953 posts/Up to 80 pages!
Summer 2010--(Mandoric) 13469 posts/Up to 270 pages!!
Fall 2010--(7Th) 20024 posts/Up to 401 pages!!

Winter 2011(Labeled as 2010)--(Dresden) 15097 posts/Up to 302 pages.

Spring 2011--(InfiniteNine) 20005 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2011(2)--(InfiniteNine) 3001 posts/Up to 61 pages.

Summer 2011--(Lafiel) 20010 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Summer 2011(2)--(Hitokage) 11573 posts/Up to 232 pages.

Fall 2011--(Dresden) 19977 posts/Up to 400 pages.
Fall 2011(2)--(Dresden) 5390 posts/Up to 108 pages.

Winter 2012--(Mandoric) 20003 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Winter 2012(2)--(Haly) 19949 posts/Up to 399 pages.

Spring 2012--(Miizy F Baby) 20002 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2012(2)--(duckroll) 20010 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2012(3)--(hosannainexcelsis) 17092 posts/Up to 342 pages.

Summer 2012--(cosmicblizzard) 20056 posts/Up to 402 pages.
Summer 2012(2)--(dakkumauji) 20047 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Summer 2012(3)--(Branduil) 17017 posts/Up to 341 pages.

Fall 2012--(Dresden) 20098 posts/Up to 402 pages.
Fall 2012(2)--(Kayos90) 20148 posts/Up to 403 pages.
Fall 2012(3)--(Dresden) 20000 posts/Up to 400 pages.

Fall of 2012(4)/Winter 2013--(Dresden) 19901 posts/ Up to 399 pages
Winter 2013(2)--(Kayos90) -- posts/ Up to -- pages

Moonlight

Banned
I second this motion.

Syrinx

I love how Nafe is now the unofficial historian of AnimeGAF despite only being here 9 months. All you old-timers really goofed on your record keeping.

Kokonoe

Banned
If anyone wants a 48 hour crunchyroll guest pass, mention you dislike K-ON and I'll PM you it. Well, the first one who does gets it.

trejo

Dresden and Kayos90 are clearly aiming to build a monopoly on the anime threads. Something must be done to stop their tyrannical rule.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think we all know that the current thread numbering system is really a secret conspiracy against the AnimeGaf archivists.

Since quite a few people seemed to be interested in the record of all the old AnimeGaf threads I've updated by adding the current thread and mentioning the page count of the last.

The recent discussion made it seem like people were interested in who starts a thread maybe so I added who was the thread starter for all previous threads in brackets. I also added the exact number of posts each thread ended on as well to the page number it reached.

Here's the current updated record:

Spring 2012--(Miizy F Baby) 20002 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2012(2)--(duckroll) 20010 posts/Up to 401 pages.
Spring 2012(3)--(hosannainexcelsis) 17092 posts/Up to 342 pages.

Whoa when the heck did Miri change his user name?

Syrinx

No one would stoop so low for a CR pass!
Aht is love.

Aht's one of those characters that I'm sooooo glad was in a old school DS RPG without voice-acting. There's a 100% chance I would have hated the shit out of her if she was voiced. As is, I liked her in Radiant Historia.

Aht's one of those characters that I'm sooooo glad was in a old school DS RPG without voice-acting. There's a 100% chance I would have hated the shit out of her if she was voiced. As is, I liked her in Radiant Historia.

I always heard her as Miyuki Sawashiro doing her loli voice, so virtually nothing was stopping me from loving her.

cajunator

Banned
I did, but honestly at this point I don't know enough about the series/characters for it to have meant anything to me. At this point in the series I think Karin's been on-screen for a total of like five minutes. :lol

Sorry meant Kaorin.
The short haired one.
She is in love with Sakaki.
Its a huuuuuge crush and ridiculously adorable as you will witness later.
Yes, Azumanga Daioh has yuri!

wonzo

Banned
It looks increasingly likely the 30-sec Little Old Man short series is only 8 episodes long. rip series no-one else watched

The beauty of idolmaster the game is that you can pick whatever you want as a trio and the game will still be good.

So trust your instincts.

Anime is worth watching ( only saw 8 episodes but i loved it ).

Yep, if you're interested in the franchise the anime is definitely worth watching. It was what made me an Idolmaster fan to begin with.

Its very good.

I was planning on dictionary'ing it up through the game but the text automatically progressing after a couple of seconds made that really difficult. ;_;

I personally think the anime is worth watching. It does a good job of creating an energetic, positive atmosphere. The production values are good and you can tell that the staff were fans of the show.

Edit: Yayoi (leader), Haruka, Yukiho forever. Or at least until I beat the game.

Thank you guys! Will definitely watch the anime then.

Oh, and if you were wondering, I picked Miki, Makoko and Chihaya as my first Trio. :D I love Makoto's husky voice. Totally sexy. xD

BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN 3

Seems like for this they might as well just say stuff came from the future instead of explaining it. Consider the features of Roman's mechanical suit and how it doesnt fit in with the time period. Decent episode.

Saprol

Girls und Panzer 08
Getting to semifinals inflated their egos too much. So much overconfidence and tunnel vision during that skirmish. :<

Wow in less than one day, we completed 5% of the thread.

At this speed, does time dilatation significantly occur or not? ^_~

Also, the true objective of that post: is Vividred operations better than Senran Kagura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom