• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

88random

Those are not glitches, you just need to control your craft better. The only real problem is that opponents can gang up on you with weapons. If you are good you'll eventually get in the lead and then the race is practically over. Practice the track in speed lap mode, Sol is the easiest A+ challenge.

Wiped89

Those are not glitches, you just need to control your craft better. The only real problem is that opponents can gang up on you with weapons. If you are good you'll eventually get in the lead and then the race is practically over. Practice the track in speed lap mode, Sol is the easiest A+ challenge.

Nah I have been in the lead loads of times, but it's full of bullshit. AI ships identical to mine just breeze past me on the home straight, so it's obviously fixed to make their ships faster than possible (you can also tell this with autopilot, which speeds you up instantly by about a third). And I get hit with missile after missile anyway. At one point I was 3 seconds clear and still got hit with a missile which pushed me off the track. It's just endless BS.

It's honestly making me not want to play the rest of the game. And don't say 'get gud' because I have a Platinum trophy on the original Wipeout HD on PS3 and have elite golds on everything in HD so far...

Dash_

Yeah. Sol is your best bet.

I'm far from a Wipeout master, but I managed to get the A+ Challenge trophy on that track. Take the shortcuts, barrel roll where you need to and use turbo in the right places and you should get it fairly easily.

Seventy70

The A+ challenges are all about consistency. You have to make sure to hit as many speed pads, barrel rolls and shortcuts as you can.

With that said, I agree that they are bullshit. The 10 lap races are completely unnecessary since it's pretty much neck and neck all the way until the final lap. They could've made it 5 laps and have it be the same thing.

Woohoo! Just got the Transcendence platinum on Omega Collection, and then immediately set up my PS3 just now to get it on WipEout HD by Beating Zico finally! 9 goddamn years and I get the same platinum trophy in one day! It's been a hell of a ride.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Woohoo! Just got the Transcendence platinum on Omega Collection, and then immediately set up my PS3 just now to get it on WipEout HD by Beating Zico finally! 9 goddamn years and I get the same platinum trophy in one day! It's been a hell of a ride.

Nice.

xrnzaaas

What's the best way to get to level 50 in the 2048 campaign? Or do you have to grind? I'm at level 43 and I'm not getting too much xp even for participating in A+ races (and generally doing stuff mid race that grants you xp points).

Nah I have been in the lead loads of times, but it's full of bullshit. AI ships identical to mine just breeze past me on the home straight, so it's obviously fixed to make their ships faster than possible (you can also tell this with autopilot, which speeds you up instantly by about a third). And I get hit with missile after missile anyway. At one point I was 3 seconds clear and still got hit with a missile which pushed me off the track. It's just endless BS.

It's honestly making me not want to play the rest of the game. And don't say 'get gud' because I have a Platinum trophy on the original Wipeout HD on PS3 and have elite golds on everything in HD so far...

Yeah it really sucks when the same crafts blast past you on the straights. I managed to win the Sol race after a few hours of failed attempts, I wouldn't say I got better, just got lucky with the autopilot/turbo powerups on the last 2 laps (and not being hit by missiles ;)).

Koopatrol

What's the best way to get to level 50 in the 2048 campaign? Or do you have to grind? I'm at level 43 and I'm not getting too much xp even for participating in A+ races (and generally doing stuff mid race that grants you xp points).

Elite passing an A+ challenge gives you 20,000 xp I think, so that's quite a bit. Even if you do that though, you still won't be level 50 (I was level 46 after Elite passing all 10 of them). The best method to get xp is to go to the Sol time trial in the 2050 campaign and do what this guy does in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4L3KfA8U58

xrnzaaas

Elite passing an A+ challenge gives you 20,000 xp I think, so that's quite a bit. Even if you do that though, you still won't be level 50 (I was level 46 after Elite passing all 10 of them). The best method to get xp is to go to the Sol time trial in the 2050 campaign and do what this guy does in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4L3KfA8U58

Thanks, I'm not that desperate and my skills aren't that good anyway to fight for the platinum. ;)

I was rank 47 when I had elite passed everything.
After that progress became awfully slow.
I replayed some A+ events and some Zone events to get good ranks on the leaderboards and I replayed most time trials with the Feisar Prototype.
But I'm still at rank 47, so I guess I'll try the method above.
I already reached rank 50 on Vita in a legit way, so I feel a little cheesing is okay.

btw: Can I still be added to the player list in OT? PSN:
bangbazie

Okay, so FUCK the A+ challenges so badly. If I ever meet whoever designed it... well I will end up in trouble. I'm glad SL got closed if this is what they thought Wipeout should be like.

The speed isn't an issue. The cheating AI is pretty bad but what makes it all so unbearable is:
-The glitches! At this speed there are just glitches everywhere. Trackside signs that suddenly stop you dead. If you turbo down the home straight of Sol, you will hit the start/finish sign. Several times I have also taken the left fork and my barrel roll has inexplicably hurtled UP into the atmosphere.
-if any AI touch you, you fly off the sides in race-ending manner. You just seem to bounce off them for miles.
-the weapons that hit you! I got into first and in ONE lap I was hit with four missiles and a quake, the last of which pushed me off the track. Again.

It's just impossible. I spent two hours at it and got 3rd.

Sol is easily my favorite A+ challenge. The trick is to put enough space between you and the others by lap 2 or 3 and once you got away from the pack its pretty easy to stay there for the rest of the race.

Wiped89

I DID IT. After all that whining, I beat the A+ challenge after three hours collective attempts.

I did it using the Ag Systems Agility. My tip now is that the Agility ships are better because you race against other Agility ships, so the event has a lower top speed overall and better handling. My time on my victory was actually one second slower than the 5th place I got in the Feisar Speed ship...

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Played online for the first time last night and it was great fun, although it was frustrating that I finished second in every single race to some dude name Paracheter. He was so good!

I'm kinda miffed that there's no way to track your eliminations and shit though. I made some decent progress towards the trophy last night but I'd like to know exactly where I'm at.

Played online for the first time last night and it was great fun, although it was frustrating that I finished second in every single race to some dude name Paracheter. He was so good!

I'm kinda miffed that there's no way to track your eliminations and shit though. I made some decent progress towards the trophy last night but I'd like to know exactly where I'm at.

You can track your eliminations in the Statistics section of the main menu. I think its either under options or Extra

Greenymac

I was rank 47 when I had elite passed everything.
After that progress became awfully slow.
I replayed some A+ events and some Zone events to get good ranks on the leaderboards and I replayed most time trials with the Feisar Prototype.
But I'm still at rank 47, so I guess I'll try the method above.
I already reached rank 50 on Vita in a legit way, so I feel a little cheesing is okay.

btw: Can I still be added to the player list in OT? PSN:
bangbazie

Sol is easily my favorite A+ challenge. The trick is to put enough space between you and the others by lap 2 or 3 and once you got away from the pack its pretty easy to stay there for the rest of the race.

I've been seeing you online, but haven't been online racing much this week. Been busy just trying to get more accustomed to the 2048 maps. I expect to catch up with you some this weekend.

Wiped89

By the way if anyone wants to add me on PSN be my guest. My ID is the same as my handle here.

I love playing combat although today I had fun playing some Zone Battles, they were surprisingly good. Of course, a race is always appreciated.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Got my online trophies. I'd suggest getting them now if you want them because there were literally about 20 people playing. Add me as well if you like. PSN ID: LSB123

Just beat Zico in HD and got the platinum. At 29 hours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKKVvs_6tE

rGkFyg2.jpg

Feels good. Kinda nostalgic, too.
I hope we'll see some kind of expansion.

SephLuis

Okay, so FUCK the A+ challenges so badly. If I ever meet whoever designed it... well I will end up in trouble. I'm glad SL got closed if this is what they thought Wipeout should be like.

The speed isn't an issue. The cheating AI is pretty bad but what makes it all so unbearable is:
-The glitches! At this speed there are just glitches everywhere. Trackside signs that suddenly stop you dead. If you turbo down the home straight of Sol, you will hit the start/finish sign. Several times I have also taken the left fork and my barrel roll has inexplicably hurtled UP into the atmosphere.
-if any AI touch you, you fly off the sides in race-ending manner. You just seem to bounce off them for miles.
-the weapons that hit you! I got into first and in ONE lap I was hit with four missiles and a quake, the last of which pushed me off the track. Again.

It's just impossible. I spent two hours at it and got 3rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as9tgy6ccm8&t=6m45s

This is me beating subway A+

It's consistency that wins those races. Sol is much, much easier because you can barrel roll all day in it.

EDIT: Also abuse the auto-pilot item on A+ races

Wiped89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as9tgy6ccm8&t=6m45s

This is me beating subway A+

It's consistency that wins those races. Sol is much, much easier because you can barrel roll all day in it.

EDIT: Also abuse the auto-pilot item on A+ races

I finally did it this morning, thanks though. For me It was all about using an agility ship and getting lucky with turbo and autopilot pickups and not being missiled...! Took me about 200 restarts though. Never again.

Probably not the place to ask but I dunno where else: would anyone like to help out with the online trophies for WipEout 2048? All I need to do is complete events (which are the only online trophies so mutually beneficial).

Figured after I got platinum for HD and Omega Collection it is now or never!

Curufinwe

I DID IT. After all that whining, I beat the A+ challenge after three hours collective attempts.

I did it using the Ag Systems Agility. My tip now is that the Agility ships are better because you race against other Agility ships, so the event has a lower top speed overall and better handling. My time on my victory was actually one second slower than the 5th place I got in the Feisar Speed ship...

Good tip, I'll give that a go.

I like 2048 better now than on Vita, but it's still probably the worst Wipeout on a PS console since the original. There's just too many pointlessly annoying problems with it.

Shin-Ra

The A class races in 2050 are surprisingly easy, just taking the shorter routes is usually enough to get ahead one or two laps in.

Time attack events I'm less sure about, I'm not really confident in my ship choice and unlocks. Same thing with the ships on Zone, I usually get destroyed around zone 55 using the 90 agility, 50 health Feisar.

TP-DK

The A class races in 2050 are surprisingly easy, just taking the shorter routes is usually enough to get ahead one or two laps in.

Time attack events I'm less sure about, I'm not really confident in my ship choice and unlocks. Same thing with the ships on Zone, I usually get destroyed around zone 55 using the 90 agility, 50 health Feisar.

Im in the exact same boat, I really dont know if Im using the correct ships for time attack and zone.

Im in the exact same boat, I really dont know if Im using the correct ships for time attack and zone.

If you want to compete high up on the leaderboards the best ship for time attack is the Feisar Prototype (at least on most tracks).
But Feisar Speed (and some others) will also easily suffice if you want to just elite pass it.

The best ship for zone events in my opinion is AG Systems Agility.

TP-DK

If you want to compete high up on the leaderboards the best ship for time attack is the Feisar Prototype (at least on most tracks).
But Feisar Speed (and some others) will also easily suffice if you want to just elite pass it.

The best ship for zone events in my opinion is AG Systems Agility.

Cool, thanks for the tip.

Tried my hand at the Sol zone event today, and actually got it in first try. Got to zone 82 and got the zone 65 along with it. Actually a really cool map for zone, on the high speeds I could fly off the map, hit a building and fly back on track without reset.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just need to beat Zico for the Platinum. I have a feeling it'll take just as long as the rest of the trophies combined :(

lol no

2048 zico took me an hour
Wipeout HD zico took me 20 minutes

Just use youtube if you wanna know where to barrel roll.

FreeMufasa

Man.......I could keep rebuying this game every 5 years and it'll never get old.

Got it today and it feels better than before. Gonna smash through the campaign after work

Well done dude! It's going to be a rare Platinum, I feel. I've barely had time to play it and only have about 3% trophies so far.

Koopatrol

Finally got sub 30 on Anulpha Pass on Venom with the Piranha, beating Zico by nearly 1 second. Tried to do this forever back on PS3, but could never manage.

bhUTKhy.png

Guys, is online really dead? How is the community reaction/support for this game?

I'm keen to jump in in the next few months but only if it's got legs.

CS_Dan

Is this game easier than HD was on PS3? I did all the elite events without many problems and people are saying Zico is a cakewalk.

dracula_x

Is this game easier than HD was on PS3? I did all the elite events without many problems and people are saying Zico is a cakewalk.

they (who ported this game) didn't touch AI and physics – it's all the same. So answer is no.

also about Zico trophy:

txuqLH7.png

YT2tT47.png

as you see, not that big difference.

c1m

Neo Member
I wonder why Detonator and Zone Battle modes do not have wip3out/2097 style HUD? Is it a bug or supposed to be like that for a reason?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I wonder why Detonator and Zone Battle modes do not have wip3out/2097 style HUD? Is it a bug or supposed to be like that for a reason?
It was originally made for the HD release, but for whatever reason, they didn't carry that over to those modes when Fury launched.

c1m

Neo Member
It was originally made for the HD release, but for whatever reason, they didn't carry that over to those modes when Fury launched.
Alright. Eliminator has them though, so that made me wonder.

On a different note, is soundtrack shuffle bugged or something? Cause for an example I'm getting a lot of "Invaders Must Die" and "Shake It". It is annoying AF. There are some songs that I even find rather distracting. That's why I am using Spotify instead.

AllEchse

Alright. Eliminator has them though, so that made me wonder.

On a different note, is soundtrack shuffle bugged or something? Cause for an example I'm getting a lot of "Invaders Must Die" and "Shake It". It is annoying AF. There are some songs that I even find rather distracting. That's why I am using Spotify instead.

Wasn't eliminator planned for the main game of WipEout HD at first but they had to delay it for some reason.

I mean it's a mode that has been in prior WipEout game.

I think that's why they most likely had the 2097/Wip3out HUD done for that mode.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Resetting laps is a godsend.
Just practice each individual barrel roll and once you nail them most of the time go for the complete runs.

It won't. I'm not a trophy chaser, but got the Zico trophy without trying...

lol no

2048 zico took me an hour
Wipeout HD zico took me 20 minutes

Just use youtube if you wanna know where to barrel roll.

Ha, you guys weren't joking. I already had the 2048 Zico and the HD Zico took like 15 laps to get.

Platinum trophy done!

Top Bottom