• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 has won over 240 GOTY Awards so far.

Justinh

c3kXV9z.png

Nobody fuckin' with Geralt.

To me, this just looks like he just bought those games and now he's going to go play them.

Well deserved. After finishing the Hearts of Stone over the weekend, I can say that this was easily the best game I played all last year. I can't wait for the second expansion. Amazing how far this series has come, I believe someone earlier said that Witcher 1&2 combined only had like 1-2 GOTY awards. It's awesome how popular this shit has gotten, more people enjoying The Witcher is a good thing!

Hearts of Stone is incredible. I need more details on Blood & Wine :( Online Gwent would be cool.

To me GTA deserved it, over any games I played that year. GTA was incredible and I had a blast playing it.

Same goes for Fallout. I put like 60 hours into it and lobed every second.

After PS2 I switched to Xbox and I'm a one console kinda guy.

I'd love to try TLOU though

How can you say a game was robbed when you didn't play the game that beat it? That's all I'm saying.

Tom Penny

Not sure how Fallout 4 didn't win after modders improved bugs, graphics, balance and added enhancements to the game that Bethesda neglected.

k4n3

Banned
Bad voice acting??? What game had good voice acting to you?

very very few but thats the problem with these type of games dialog is such a huge part it cant be total crap

when the MAIN character you picture in your head a guy in a studio reading these lines off the paper and thinking about how long is this going to take..... not a good sign

very very few but thats the problem with these type of games dialog is such a huge part it cant be total crap

when the MAIN character you picture in your head a guy in a studio reading these lines off the paper and thinking about how long is this going to take..... not a good sign
kGwh3Fe.gif

cyen

It´s the first RPG that i will finish all the quests that are not related to the the main story (except the ones i failed and cannot repeat, will never get that Geralt of Rivia gwent card :(). It became one of my favorite games of all time, sharing the top with DKC,Super Mario 64 and FFVII such a shame that they will only do two expansions.
The game feels magical, just riding the horse through the game world listening to the amazing soundtrack really draws me into the world like very few games can do it.

The combat is not as bad as many people say it is but i agree that is not on the same level of the rest of the package.

Well Done and totally deserved it.

RPGam3r

Well deserved, Witcher 3 is an amazing game. Laughably Fallout 4 still gets shit on despite coming in a distant second place. Good grief.

Fret

Honestly I think its actually pretty ridiculous that Fallout 4 is anywhere near those games on that list, and I like Fallout 4

James93

I think the one thing it shows is how blind fanboyism is for Bethesda. Fallout 4 should not even be in discussions for GOTY.

Outside of that congrats CDPR you made one of the best RPGS ever

Necron

Well deserved. An amazing adventure from start to finish (though the combat could have been a bit better).

mstevens

Is it horrible that I have no interest in the game? It's probably irrational and unfair on my part, but I tried and hated Skyrim and Dragon Age Inquisition.. So I feel turned off of WRPGs.

Is it different enough from those games that I should try it?

RPGam3r

I think the one thing it shows is how blind fanboyism is for Bethesda. Fallout 4 should not even be in discussions for GOTY.

Outside of that congrats CDPR you made one of the best RPGS ever

Fallout 4 is a good game, damn. Calling people fanboys is a weak attempt to invalidate perfectly valid opinions.

Helscream

Banned
Well deserved. CD Projekt Red earned it. I also advocate removing GOTY awards from Fallout 4 and MGSV:TPP and giving those to Bloodborne. MGSV:TPP and Fallout 4 are serious fucking let downs.

Is it horrible that I have no interest in the game? It's probably irrational and unfair on my part, but I tried and hated Skyrim and Dragon Age Inquisition.. So I feel turned off of WRPGs.

Well those games are literally the worst ones you could have played so...

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Well those games aren't very good and The Witcher 3 is, so there is that.

Tosyn_88

That alone is a game on its own that I spent too many hours enjoying. That says a lot about the overall game.

To me, my games of the year were The Witcher, MGSV and Batman even though they had flaws, they were games which I knew were top games from the previous E3 when they showed them off.

But oh no, he only brought his Ps4 along.
No Fallout for you Geralt.

Eh, I think you're underestimating how awesome cyberpunk could be.

I agree and disagree.

On one hand I love the Witcher 3, on the other hand I REALLY want to see Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk is my favorite genre when done right.

Of course I want Cyberpunk, but 2-3 more expansions for this game would be nice.

Maybe it's just because we haven't seen footage for it yet though :p

Heimbeck

Banned
Of course I want Cyberpunk, but 2-3 more expansions for this game would be nice.

Yeah I get you, someone here told me I should really play it and it was really awesome, like much better than I was expecting.
But I really want Cyberpunk so I'm okay with them moving on after B&W.

i should really play this game shouldn't i?
It's arguably the best game this generation, followed up by Hearts of Stone, which is arguably the best piece of DLC this generation. Actually, not even arguably. There is no piece of DLC that can compete with the amount of quality content that Hearts of Stone offers up for only $10.

seems people in this thread cant tell the difference between good acting and phoning in a performance i can see why you enjoyed the game so much nevermind
I'd post the Mad Max "that's bait" gif, but that would apply to all of your posts in this thread.

k4n3

Banned
seems people in this thread cant tell the difference between good acting and phoning in a performance i can see why you enjoyed the game so much nevermind, maybe it gets better? but the fist few hours i got sick of every line in that same monotone voice with zero emotion or reflection (is there a twist and the witcher is really a robot from the future)

Daingurse

It's arguably the best game this generation, followed up by Hearts of Stone, which is arguably the best piece of DLC this generation. Actually, not even arguably. There is no piece of DLC that can compete with the amount of quality content that Hearts of Stone offers up for only $10.

Best DLC I've played since Lair of The Shadow Broker. Think I paid $8.49 for it on GOG, insane value proposition.

Top Bottom