• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office Est. 05•18-20 •12 Avengers sinks the Battleship & drowns The Dictator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what now?
Iron Man looks completely realistic, I don't get the feeling that I'm watching CGI when I look at him - I do get it while watching the Hulk.

I'm not saying the Hulk is bad, it's great and it's the best it's ever been but I still think we have a ways to go before he just completely blends in.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm sure that's got something to do with it, especially eyes/facial expressions.

Animation is the key. Seeing something like the Hulk that's supposed to be organic and somewhat human and what will make or break it is definitely how it moves. It's one of the first things I noticed about TiH Hulk and how it animates pretty poorly.

Because it looks bad.

MNG1X.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Iron Man looks completely realistic, I don't get the feeling that I'm watching CGI when I look at him - I do get it while watching the Hulk.

You don't think that has more to do with the fact that Iron Man is something that is practically possible in terms of being "real," i.e.:
db1A97g2NyFHlE.gif

Whereas the Hulk is a giant green vaguely human monster? I didn't think the huge alien worms looked "realistic" either...

- J - D -

You don't think that has more to do with the fact that Iron Man is something that is practically possible in terms of being "real," i.e.:
http://i.minus.com/db1A97g2NyFHlE.gif

Whereas the Hulk is a giant green vaguely human monster? I didn't think the huge alien worms looked "realistic" either...[/QUOTE]

Holy shit that cosplay is amazing! And I usually hate cosplay.

[IM]http://i.minus.com/db1A97g2NyFHlE.gif[/IMG]

Whereas the Hulk is a giant green vaguely human monster? I didn't think the huge alien worms looked "realistic" either...
No, I think we'll get there eventually although more practical mechanical stuff definitely seems to be mastered now.

Because it looks bad.
GbirX.gif

JdFoX187

Banned
The rest of The Amazing Spider-Man could be awesome, but I still still forever hate them for turning the menacing lizard into a goddamn goomba.

JdFoX187

Banned
He looks like Louis Gossett Jr.'s alien from Enemy Mine there. That would be an improvement over whatever that damn thing is that we have right now. I'm sure the movie will be fine otherwise.

mclaren777

If you are doubting The Hobbit being a success because of the 48 FPS than you will be hilariously wrong. I think it looks like shit too, but so does 3D, people still gobble that shit up.

I'm a huge Tolkien/Jackson fan, but if The Hobbit looks anything like that second clip, I definitely won't be seeing it in theaters. Also, I'm not convinced that mainstream moviegoers like 3D as much as you claim.

mclaren777

They have mentioned this several times.

Yep, I just found this...

2D in 24 frames per second. 2D in 48 frames per second. 3D in 24 frames per second. 3D in 48 frames per second. IMAX 3D in 24 frames per second. IMAX 3D in 48 frames per second. These are the six different formats — that's right, six — Peter Jackson's first adaptation of The Hobbit will reportedly be available in when it arrives in cinemas worldwide December 14.

Source

Dany

Banned
Half the people are going to see a soap opera, the other half a post 2003 peter Jackson film.

Neither are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom