• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order Screenshots And Art

j2wvqiK.jpg

Did Rage have DOF like this? I don't remember

VALIS

Someone delete this post before Activision and EA read this thread.

Yeah, and I'm sure as soon as I played 2 or 3 games in the WWII setting I'd be sick of it all over again, but man, ONE of them sounds nice right about now.

I'm skeptical until I know more. If it's as 'lets add every cool feature of recent game' as the last one, you can count me out, but if its more along the lines of Butchers Bay and The Darkness in trying to do something genuinely interesting with the license, count me in. And screw it, I like iD Tech 5, I really do.

Icefire1424

DerZuhälter;57079028 said:
What the hell? That isn't a Nazi-Mecha! That's a Wehrmachts-Mecha! Not every German Mecha fighting is a Nazi-Mecha!

Clearly mistaken. It's actually not a Wehrmachts-Mecha, looks more like a Walking Stuka Panzen-Nebelwerfer...shrek.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anytime something's announced for current gen and next gen at the same time, I wonder if there's a person out there who thinks, 'yeah i'll buy it for this gen'. Like, the kind of person who spends 60 dollars on a game is probably the kind who buys a next gen console and wants to have the latest and greatest

Dennis

Banned
Probably going to get this game if for no other reason than to stick it to Warren "All my games are shit now" Spector.

Amey

Hate those horizontal streaks of lens flare.
they r everywhere. from games to movies to tv shows. damn.
Even Witcher3 has it.

Who started it? Mass Effect?

GT5 comparison thread take note - this is what bad jpeg compression is.

As for the game, if the shooting is anywhere near as tight as RAGE, I will be happy.

Reminds me of Iron Sky.
And the first shot out of the car: V for Vendetta.

I guess this takes place in 1960 according to the teaser pics from yesterday.

I hope it won´t be to futuristic and still maintains that great Nazi/SS vibe from RTCW.

@Zuhälter: Wehrmachts Symbol under Nazi Regime is still Nazi. :p

Hypron

What's the definition of bullshots today? Because they seem to be cut/cinematic aspect ratio? They sure ain't downsampled, aliasing everywhere.

This.

Otherwise, the screens look pretty decent for a current gen game (aliasing aside), and since the game runs on the idtech engine 5 and if rage is anything to go by, it'll probably control beautifully. I can't wait to see more.

Question, being someone who never played any Wolfenstein game before, can I jump right into this ?!, or is there some sort of connection with past games or what ?!

Question, being someone who never played any Wolfenstein game before, can I jump right into this ?!, or is there some sort of connection with past games or what ?!

The only thing you need to know is that a guy called BJ Blazkowicz killed Hitler. Who was in a mech suit. Then there was something about zombies and alternative dimensions. Story ain't Wolfenstein's strong suit.

Nibel

Reminds me so much of Killzone - the colors, the art design..

Doesn't feel like Wolfenstein at all to me - it's just a name at this point it seems

The only thing you need to know is that a guy called BJ Blazkowicz killed Hitler. Who was in a mech suit. Then there was something about zombies and alternative dimensions. Story ain't Wolfenstein's strong suit.

Interesting summary, thanks.

I hope this isn't a bother, but what is the strongest points of Wolfenstein ?!.

sniperpon

Darn, was hoping for a spiritual followup to Wolfenstein 3d or something... this just looks like another forgettable, run-of-the-mill, scripted, triple-A cinematic shooter.

Top Bottom