• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order Screenshots And Art

VariantX

I actually really like the art and the look of the game. What I don't want is another game with boring guns that don't really go beyond your standard machine gun, shotgun, and sniper rifle. Do some out there stuff like insomniac did with the resistance games.

Interesting summary, thanks.

I hope this isn't a bother, but what is the strongest points of Wolfenstein ?!.

Well for me it's been a fun shooter. Fast movement along with a interesting selection of weapons makes the gameplay really enjoyable. In the last one you had a gun that vaporized people, and left behind skeletons. It was also semi open world and can be got for next to nothing.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is considered the best, but I played it years later and got stuck half way through. However it was super enjoyable and played like a WWII adventure film. With ghosts and stuff.

Wolfenstein 3D is one of the earliest shooters ever made. It's still rather fun to play, once you readjust to the controls. You can also play it here: For free in your browser!
Also Hitler in a fucking Mech Suit. Because video games.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Surprisingly cool mech designs, especially considering Wolfenstein is not the kind of game you'd expect to see that from.

Noogy

This looks stupid and awesome.

Surprisingly cool mech designs, especially considering Wolfenstein is not the kind of game you'd expect to see that from.

I dunno, some of the original bosses from the first id Wolfenstein were mech'y.

hitler-wolfenstein-3d_9977.jpg

I'm just saying.

JoeFenix

This is ex-Starbreeze dudes right?

Only thing I can say is that one of the screenshots reminds me of F.E.A.R. 1 and that's not a terrible thing.

I hope someone manages to produce a good FPS with some decent gameplay sensibilities at some point soon. Other than R3 I don't think I truly loved a single FPS game in the last 3-4 years...

derFeef

man, you guys seem to sure know how the game plays based on screenshots.
If anything the development team should give you some kind of hope for it not being your std. FPS.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This looks stupid and awesome.

I dunno, some of the original bosses from the first id Wolfenstein were mech'y.

Never played through the original actually. All I have ever seen is the Mecha-Hitler screenshot.

Dueck

Banned
iKW8taT7SbrKY.gif

As it should be.

That gif is hilarious. Good ol' Supernatural!

This game is a day one buy for me, hands down. I love alternate reality WWII stuff, I love Wolfenstein, and I love awesomeness.

I like that 1960 is so much more futuristic with Germany winning the war. It would have been, without question. They had no restrictions when it came to scientific research. Most of the best tech from the 20th century was leap-frogged off something they did.

This is easily my most anticipated next gen game unless something new pops up at Microsoft's event or at Sony or MS's E3 events. I love me some Wolfenstein. I still play RTCW at least once a year, ET was some of the best FPS multiplayer ever and thought Wolenstein 2009 was extremely underrated. It's been 5 long years since then. I'm loving the alternate universe type stuff so far. You can't expect every Wolfenstein game to be 1940's WW2.

Well for me it's been a fun shooter. Fast movement along with a interesting selection of weapons makes the gameplay really enjoyable. In the last one you had a gun that vaporized people, and left behind skeletons. It was also semi open world and can be got for next to nothing.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is considered the best, but I played it years later and got stuck half way through. However it was super enjoyable and played like a WWII adventure film. With ghosts and stuff.

Wolfenstein 3D is one of the earliest shooters ever made. It's still rather fun to play, once you readjust to the controls. You can also play it here: For free in your browser!
Also Hitler in a fucking Mech Suit. Because video games.

Thank you alot, this was really helpful.

and Hilter in a Mech Suit, sounds awesome LOL

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Looks pretty good to me. Really want to see it in motion though. The Nazi craziness is great, but satisfying gunplay is paramount to my enjoyment. And as much as I like the robots, I hope they don't take priority over shooting plain old Nazis. There better be a good amount of blood and gore to satisfying my juvenile bloodlust.

Translated sign: Next stop: Mars! Looks to be like further in the future than you'd think

Maybe, but I figure they're going for the cheesy Nazi super science thing, where they're ridiculously more advanced than the relative time period. So it will still be the 1960s, just...Nazi super science 1960s. Which means robots and space travel. Because reasons.

Sblargh

Banned
If I just looked at those images, the LAST thing I would have guessed was 'Wolfenstein'.

I know, right? There's a disturbing lack of swastikas.

How will I feel that I am killing nazis robots instead of just robots who might have a morally good reason to be fighting?

i-Lo

Looks good (if the game was open world, which it's not). Hopefully idTech 5 can lend this visual excellence to FO4.

Somehow (I guess it's the lighting), this picture looks better than the wolfenstein screens here.
excuse the tangent... but....
idtech 4 with HDR and modern effects looks so great due to its unified lighting model. It is still impressive.

one last sikk mod plug... excuse the massive .gif

Edit: self edit: gif is toooo hooog

daveo42

Banned
Maybe, but I figure they're going for the cheesy Nazi super science thing, where they're ridiculously more advanced than the relative time period. So it will still be the 1960s, just...Nazi super science 1960s. Which means robots and space travel. Because reasons.

This is my hope for this game. Wacked out alternate history tale with mech nazis and ultra-futuristic designs from the 60's.

Screenshots look fantastic, now I just want to see what it looks like running.

Top Bottom