• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman Admits Testimony In The Murder of Emmet Till Was Made Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK dude ya got me! You're so clever. If anyone knew me in real life you would know how laughable it is to insinuate I'm in any way a racist. I support and walk with BLM FFS. But whatever you know me too well I guess.

Yeah, no one believes that a dude who doesn't know the modern confederate flag was only introduced to counter school intergration and then defends said flag also marches with BLM.

They may have blocked your traffic once and while you were stuck you posted on GAF about how "this isn't the right way", but that's about it.

Alright. I see what you guys are getting at. Sorry, I just read his post about lack of discussion and saw the post after it which seemed ironic to me. I didn't read too far in to what his actually argument was.

I still wish this forum wasn't so aggressive though. There is an ignore option for a reason.

The aggression from people is born out of the continued oppression and killing of minorities and specifically in most instances the continued unjustified killing of young black men where their murders walk away without any consequences. On top of that its been almost 30 years since the government was ran by a true racist but this time some of his top advisors are white nationalists and its 2017. You have to excuse some people for being overly aggressive and angry they are probably just tired of the same old bs.

Strike

Not surprised one bit (as if it would've made this any better). Benefit of the doubt is a privilege rarely given to minorities. Not much has changed in that regard.

I already said if her lie is what caused him to do this (and she knew it would be detrimental which she did) then yes I acquiesce my point. As you can see in my first post I believed it wasn't her lie that caused it, only that this lie was just told during the trial after he was already dead. There was a quote from him explaining why he did it though and it said he did it because of what he heard the kid say.

Nope, you didn't qualify your statement. You didn't say "I believe her lie didn't cause it", or put "if" in this post:

You guys do realize that this kid did not die as a result of anything she said right? She admitted to lying about a part of it on the witness stand. She was saying something to help set her husband free. The most you could argue was her lie prevented her husband from facing justice. Which we all fucking know they would have gone free anyway.

And really, if you believe the kid could have said anything to justify what happened to him, isn't that the real issue? Her lie was meaningless in reality. Or at least should be meaningless. To call her equally as responsible for the murder? GTFO.

But rather, you presented it as objective fact. "Of COURSE Till was not murdered due to the lie." "You DO realize he didn't die from this right?"

Come on, dude, you can't backtrack easily verifiable shit you said the page before.

But you already dipped from the thread because everyone else was being "ridiculous", so I guess you can count that as a victory for you...?

The aggression from people is born out of the continued oppression and killing of minorities and specifically in most instances the continued unjustified killing of young black men where their murders walk away without any consequences. On top of that its been almost 30 years since the government was ran by a true racist but this time some of his top advisors are white nationalists and its 2017. You have to excuse some people for being overly aggressive and angry they are probably just tired of the same old bs.

Nah, we're just not understanding enough.

Like, I understand plenty. I understand that racists murdered that young boy and desecrated his body in order to threaten the black community and his mother chose to show the world so people could see just how bad things can get when bad people do bad things and third parties people claim we're not understanding enough.

I understand plenty.

Understand that some things are not okay, and lying in your testimony (and possibly lying prior to that) which indirectly or directly (more than likely directly due to the nature of other reports that we understand to be true and not lies) then owning up to it after the victim is long dead and buried only to ask for sympathy about how BAD you FEEL for LYING about a COURT CASE in which a YOUNG MAN was MURDERED is NOT OKAY.

It's like, the exact opposite of okay.

I fucking understand that just fine, like what the fuck are people trying to debate here?

I fucking pray for the day I see stories like Till's and think "man, the US has come so far since then. I'm glad we don't have to worry about that kind of racism anymore."

Until then, I'll keep looking at it like "Wow, people really don't fucking learn do they?" and keep doing all I can to make sure shit like that doesn't ever happen in my neighborhood.

Enzom21

Alright. I see what you guys are getting at. Sorry, I just read his post about lack of discussion and saw the post after it which seemed ironic to me. I didn't read too far in to what his actually argument was.

I still wish this forum wasn't so aggressive though. There is an ignore option for a reason.
Lizardking's type of agenda should not be ignored.
You guys are ridiculous. I'll just step out.

FWIW I appreciate like the 1 or two people who actually tried having some discourse instead of just shouting racist.

No one shouted racist, people took you to task over your desire to downplay and basically excuse Carolyn Bryant's role in his murder.
I posted examples of your history of denying racism. Stop pretending to be a victim when people see through your bullshit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
OK dude ya got me! You're so clever. If anyone knew me in real life you would know how laughable it is to insinuate I'm in any way a racist. I support and walk with BLM FFS. But whatever you know me too well I guess.

You should try having this conversation at the next BLM meet-up you attend. I'm sure it's only these unreasonable people on the internet giving you a hard time over defending a woman that used her husband to kill a black child.

LizardKing said:
Her lie was meaningless in reality. Or at least should be meaningless. To call her equally as responsible for the murder? GTFO.
A reminder of the first post you made regarding the topic. These are the words of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
You guys are ridiculous. I'll just step out.

FWIW I appreciate like the 1 or two people who actually tried having some discourse instead of just shouting racist.

How you can call everyone in here rebutting your BS line of reasoning ridiculous is honestly pretty astounding.

You stepped in with a broken point and argument that you were wrong about in the first place. Defended an admitted racist, decided to ignore multiple people telling you - straight up - that what she did and said was the source and cause of the death and then try to spin the situation to GAF being a doggpile and "not fair" to this poor little old bag of fucking human racist garbage.

When 3 or 4 posters immediately did a double take on your first comment you should have gone back and made sure you didn't have the whole set ass fuck backwards instead of planting your feet deep into some bullshit.

Those other posts of yours kind of betray the fact that you didn't want a reasoned and informed discussion anyways. This was just another chance for you to defend some horrendous shit for the sake of what? Technical clarity? Semantics?

Definition of insanity and all that. This thread makes me sad.

And also - fuck this bitch. I hope she dies alone and in pain.

Sixty years since and ain't shit changed. The poor little white woman is still the victim here. Not the 13 year old boy brutally tortured and murdered.

Tagyhag

Sixty years since and ain't shit changed. The poor little white woman is still the victim here. Not the 13 year old boy brutally tortured and murdered.

Well maybe it was more about the act of him talking to her rather than her lie that killed him.

She could be a victim in all this too. She didn't pull the trigger but people sure act like it.

/s

rjinaz

Sometimes, there are some thread topics, that just don't need a debate they are that awful. Somehow, GAF finds a way.

99Luffy

Banned
Wait shes alive?? Theres needs to be some nuremburg style investigation and prosecution on this. No statute of limitation.

Wait shes alive?? Theres needs to be some nuremburg style investigation and prosecution on this. No statute of limitation.

All that would do is waste taxpayer money to have her lawyer and the judge go "she's too old to go to prison" and she'll live comfortably until she dies.

Or the stress of the trail will kill her.

Ultimately it does nothing but piss away money that could be better spent on other things.

She won, she lived a long, full, happy life. And all we can do is pray there really is a hell and that she spends the rest of eternity there suffering.

Yep, murder doesn't have a statute of limitations, and don't they have that rule on the books where if someone commits a felony during the commission of a separate crime everyone involved gets charged with it even if one person does it?

All that would do is waste taxpayer money to have her lawyer and the judge go "she's too old to go to prison" and she'll live comfortably until she dies.

Or the stress of the trail will kill her.

Ultimately it does nothing but piss away money that could be better spent on other things.

She won, she lived a long, full, happy life. And all we can do is pray there really is a hell and that she spends the rest of eternity there suffering.

I have no problem with the trial doing to her what it did to Joe Paterno, low key.

Yep, murder doesn't have a statute of limitations, and don't they have that rule on the books where if someone commits a felony during the commission of a separate crime everyone involved gets charged with it even if one person does it?

I'm almost positive she can't be charged with murder as well since her husband was charged and acquitted of the crime. And since she could only reasonably be found guilty of murder as an accessory.

It's iffy, imo.

I have no problem with the trial doing to her what it did to Joe Paterno, low key.

I mean I certainly wouldn't weep for her if it happened.

Just saying, there's not likely a whole lot that can be done about it, unfortunately.

It's been too long.

JABEE

What I always forget about the case is that this wasn't the 1880's, it was the 50's.. Like, holy crap.

And Emmet Till is one horrific murder in a line of many racial killings in this country.

Everyone should watch Unforgivable Blackness by Ken Burns. It is a documentary about Jack Johnson. The reaction to a black man having a white girlfriend/wife was disgusting. Jack Johnson beating a white man in boxing meant people felt like they had a free license to lynch black people. There was white racial anger in the streets of every city in the United States, North and South, over a boxing match.

In the first half of the 20th century instituting anti-lynching laws was a controversial proposal in about half of this country. The President of the United States and all his cabinet cheered on The Birth of A Nation.

Things have changed a lot in modern times, but the same prejudices remain. People just aren't emboldened by the government to feel like they have the right to murder in cold blood.

This is a big fear when someone like Trump is riling up his base by keeping lists of scary immigrant crimes. It's frightening. The language he used in his speeches about Mexican immigrants and "bad hombres" roaming the streets as if he is comparing people to beasts incapable of humanity. This is what is frightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrrOY0vwuPE

The quote from one of the killers in Look Magazine bears sharing again. Hate completely blinds them to how evil they are. This is what a sizable minority of the country wants to bring back.
Smfh, yea you and your folks fought for the country while those "niggers" built it you lazy fucks.

Smfh, yea you and yours fought for the country while those "niggers" built it you lazy fucks.

Also noted that black regiments and battalions fought in the most dangerous areas of the war in Europe (because they weren't technically part of the army yet you see) and many were sent with inadequate supplies and, in some cases, fucking fake guns used for training (literally wooden guns) and expected to use them in actual combat.

Bit of an aside but, important to also know.

Imm0rt4l

Gotta love how this racist pos could only feel Emmetts mothers pain after the death of her own white children.

"Tender Sorrow"

Moosichu

I used to think that before everyone was racist because... everyone was racist. And that people today were less racist because attitudes had changed and they wanted to fit in. I thought I was being cynical in thinking that people just went with the flow, regardless of whether it was right or wrong.

More and more I realise these fuckers have been pining the days of yore all along, nodding along but actively wishing for the 'good old time's, and now they feel justified in coming out of the woodwork, people who wouldn't only be ok with the state of things being how they were when this happened, but dreaming of it coming back.

Sexism, homophobia, racism, transphobia, there is still a long fucking way to go.

kswiston

Gotta love how this racist pos could only feel Emmetts mothers pain after the death of her own white children.

"Tender Sorrow"

When it comes to cases where people legally get away with murder, at least most of the people involved in the killing of Emmett Till got hit by Karma. Bryant lost her own son. One of the killers died of stomach cancer at 61. The other one went blind and also died of cancer in his early 60s.

"Tender Sorrow"

Reminds me of all the white people with biracial or adopted black kids who suddenly only understand racism when it happens to their kids, which makes me want to call CPS on them honestly.

kswiston

Reminds me of all the white people with biracial or adopted black kids who suddenly only understand racism when it happens to their kids, which makes me want to call CPS on them honestly.

Some of that is human nature. Issues that affect yourself or the ones you love are always going to have more of a personal impact that issues that affect strangers. Even if you are generally empathetic and respectful.

Unless you are talking about something else. EDIT: such as them not thinking racism was an issue or something.

Like...

Posters are defending the people involved in the murder of Emmet Till.

I can't even...

Yea pretty depressing. But that's modern discourse. Gotta have "both sides". Even when it's a clear case of right v wrong.

Bigots, ignorant fucks, and closet racists can kick rocks with their contrarian bullshit.

Some of that is human nature. Issues that affect yourself or the ones you love are always going to have more of a personal impact that issues that affect strangers. Even if you are generally empathetic and respectful.

Unless you are talking about something else. EDIT: such as them not thinking racism was an issue or something.

I'm talking about the latter. White parents straight up thinking racism was dead or basically saying extra racist shit to their kid every day thinking it was innocuous until a schoolmate or someone from a position of authority says the same thing in an attempt to actually hurt the child, then its "OMG PEOPLE ARE SO RACIST HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS".

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
She had an entire lifetime to reach out. Never did.

Now she wants to when she got something to sell? Fuck her.

This shit personal for me.

Hopefully Bryant doesn't make a dime off her involvement in Tyson's book. That bit about how the manuscript for her personal memoirs isn't available for public view until 2036 is telling of how she thinks people will react to what's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom