• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

glaurung said:
Is it me or was the game really squirrely last night? EU side.

First the chat window no longer displays the gold that goes into the guild vault by default. Then my pet feeding status icon is no longer displayed. Plus numerous errors about the world server being down.

Anyone else experience that?

Everyone pretty much. Looted gold that goes to the GB is no longer displayed. Sadly, the pet happiness feature is also gone.

glaurung

-bakalhau- said:
Everyone pretty much. Looted gold that goes to the GB is no longer displayed. Sadly, the pet happiness feature is also gone.
Wait, "gone" gone?

I no longer need to carry pet food around? Feed Pet ability has been reduced to a cheap 50% instaheal?

Retro

Dance In My Blood said:
All armor dying eventually leads to here:
0c7f7236bcdc437d50e133bb6b7b7c050f2945d0.jpg

People with Hot Pink / Rainbow armors are doing you a service by telling you they are idiots immediately, rather than having to spend any time playing with them to find out.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Retro said:
People with Hot Pink / Rainbow armors are doing you a service by telling you they are idiots immediately, rather than having to spend any time playing with them to find out.
Retro gets owned in PVP by hot pink gladiators.

Retro

DeathNote said:
Retro gets owned in PVP by hot pink gladiators.

Glad he ate her hot pink?

Seriously though, people who dye their armor obnoxious colors are visually telling you they are obnoxious.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did you people really care about pet happiness? It was so useless. With the glyph, you could just use 1 Mend pet everytime you saw that yellow face icon next to your pet health bar. All they did by removing pet happiness is saving us 1 click every once in a while.

Tamanon

Banned
Pet happiness stopped even being meaningful when the pet talent trees came into being.

4.2 PTR coming rather soon it seems.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tamanon said:
Pet happiness stopped even being meaningful when the pet talent trees came into being.

4.2 PTR coming rather soon it seems.
"The Reins of the Dark Phoenix, purchased from the Guild Vendor, has had its art improved. It's now less transparent and indisputably more awesome."

Blizzard said:
Characters can now be reorganized at the Character Selection screen. This feature not yet fully functional and the reorganization of characters doesn't save at this time.

Patch of the forever!*

*Really something that should have be in since alpha -_-

And they're finally fixing the Dark Phoenix --- about time.

cuevas said:
:| You can change it when you create the character, what else do you want?
LOL I just imagined DeathNote not realizing the sidebar to customize character features was there, and thinking he had to re-roll each time to get new randomized features.

How much did 4.1 break in terms of addons? (also, patch size?)

I have yet to download it yet, but I'm forcing myself to play this week at least one session or two before my subscription runs out. I will make Children's Week achievements MINE.

I wouldn't be so compelled normally, but it's the last I need for the meta ;_;

Alex

It broke most of mine on patch day but they were all updated within 24 hours.

Patch was only like 350 megs.

glaurung

Applying colors to the armor pieces simply does not work.

Warhammer Online tried to do that in a subdued sort of way and it turned out boring and ugly. I doubt WoW will be different.

Flib

The changes to crowd control are bullshit. They might as well just take pulls requiring crowd control out of the game in this case.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
cuevas said:
There's pulls in the game requiring CC? LOL

You're trying to be funny, but you'd be surprised how many pulls can require some CC in the troll heroics, especially with pugs. It was the same thing in the old heroics when everyone was wearing 333 blues and 318 greens.

Of course, if you only do heroic 5 mans with your guild members who are wearing gear from heroic raids, i can understand.. but that's not how it is for many people.

glaurung said:
Applying colors to the armor pieces simply does not work.

Warhammer Online tried to do that in a subdued sort of way and it turned out boring and ugly. I doubt WoW will be different.

A system like most console games use (say Phantasy Star Portable 2, etc.) where you have a main color and two or so sub colors would work fine. Sure, you'd still have some folks rocking hot pink and the like, but I don't see why it couldn't work.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
You're trying to be funny, but you'd be surprised how many pulls can require some CC in the troll heroics, especially with pugs. It was the same thing in the old heroics when everyone was wearing 333 blues and 318 greens.

Of course, if you only do heroic 5 mans with your guild members who are wearing gear from heroic raids, i can understand.. but that's not how it is for many people.
Since his guild out geared them, they don't exist.

"You have to level from 1-85? LOL"

Yeah, people still need to progress.

He's THAT guy, the one that feels the need to display his e-peen any and every chance he gets.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
How much did 4.1 break in terms of addons? (also, patch size?)

It broke almost every addon because they made a pointless/unnecessary change to how things that read combat log events work. I still have 2-3 that aren't updated yet, some I did myself.

Patch size was between 200 and 300mb.

DeathNote said:
Probably mentioned, but there's a Japan relief Pet with 100& going to Japan. http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001530

Looks exactly like one of the TCG pets, I really wish they wouldn't do that. Some people (which may or may not include me) paid real money for that pet on ebay and now it's lost all of its uniqueness.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=23713 They seriously just renamed it and are selling it for $10. Maybe they shouldn't have taken half the WoW team away to work on Titan or whatever.

Dresden

wonderdung said:
Looks exactly like one of the TCG pets, I really wish they wouldn't do that. Some people (which may or may not include me) paid real money for that pet on ebay and now it's lost all of its uniqueness.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=23713 They seriously just renamed it and are selling it for $10. Maybe they shouldn't have taken half the WoW team away to work on Titan or whatever.
Paying real money for a WoW pet on ebay... haha.

DeathNote said:
Since his guild out geared them, they don't exist.

"You have to level from 1-85? LOL"

Yeah, people still need to progress.

He's THAT guy, the one that feels the need to display his e-peen any and every chance he gets.

Nope, I have never talked shit about people having to level or being in a bad guild.

Oh and hey:
14aczli.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Facepalm. Just read your earlier comments.

Do you guys seriously think I don't know how to customize a character after 7 years?

Oh hey, I choose this color!
1NxXP.png

Wait, what the hell is this?

This is not a bullshot.
I am not clicking myself for the highlight effect.

Thus, I want to change a level one's look without having to delete it over and over.

When you do the paid look change service, they have an icon next to your name to click,edit, and save.

DeathNote said:
Do you guys seriously think I don't know how to customize a character after 7 years?

We were joking with you, I figured you just didn't like what the characters looked like under their armor.

cuz you see them shirtless so much ;P

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cuevas said:
We were joking with you, I figured you just didn't like what the characters looked like under their armor.

cuz you see them shirtless so much ;P
I edited my above post with an example.

I roll without helmets on all alts.

A month ago I wanted to make an alliance paladin, and I went with Draenei because I never done their starting zone.
M2GqE.png

Took forever to find a skin color that didn't whitewash the nose off.

Alter your display settings? Or check to make sure your monitor angle is correct?

I know both those things can drastically affect color saturation/tone when I'm hooked up to my external compared to my laptop screen. My laptop screen has more vivid colors that I haven't been able to reproduce completely on my monitor (it's not bad on the monitor, just a bit less saturated/vivid). But I definitely notice if the monitor angle is tilted a little bit or a slouch back in my chair that the color shifts.

I don't think I've had a problem myself characters looking significantly different from the character select screen to the game world.

Heifers do the horde proud as the most ugly race in the game. That's true even AFTER we got Goblins. At least Goblins have well defined and updated models. Tauren are just bland polygons of mushed cow patties sculpted into a face.

DarkKyo

Hexadecimalt said:
Heifers do the horde proud as the most ugly race in the game. That's true even AFTER we got Goblins. At least Goblins have well defined and updated models. Tauren are just bland polygons of mushed cow patties sculpted into a face.
lMYrX.png

couldn't resist...

Mairu

Hexadecimalt said:
lMYrX.png

Goblins & taurens are the only two races worth playing in this game.

TheYanger

Whatever you want to call it, I agree that it's a legitimate issue. If you want a draenei that doesn't look like they're radioactive white hot glowing, you gotta pick the absolute blackest color at character select, despite the rest looking fine during creation. Good luck figuring out what colors you're picking when you make a Death Knight, or troll for that matter with their new ultra well-lit creation background. It's pretty fucking stupid, there should be totally neutral lighting at character creation.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I never said it wasn't lighting....

LSNbY.png

The color I spend time picking on the character creation screen: Top left.
As soon as I log in for the first time: Top right.
Inside a building with light: Bottom left.
Inside a building with a shadow: Bottom right.

The skin color you see as soon as you log in for the first time being drastically different than the creation screen is completely and utterly retarded.

No, I do not want to change the color in every different lighting scenario I find myself in. I know it changes in a lot of zones.

But, people basing their decision on lighting they'll never experience in game is stupid.

I see no argument against letting you adjust a level 1.

You haven't been reading his posts brah. That's what he has been doing the entire time and he's sick of it.
Dechaios said:
lMYrX.png

couldn't resist...
So cute.

Mairu said:
*copies Dechaios* [insert favorite race] are the only race worth playing in this game
Bit late to the punch there, pal. Also fixed your post for you by making it more honest. YW

markot

Banned
I wish they would make male dranei look better >.< their animations too...

I hate how different the males and females of some races are too. Its abit too silly how 'rawr hulk smash' the males are.

Acidote said:
Finally got it:
Congratulations!
markot said:
I wish they would make male dranei look better >.< their animations too...

I hate how different the males and females of some races are too. Its abit too silly how 'rawr hulk smash' the males are.
What's even more shameful is how Draeni have all but been abandoned by Blizzard following TBC. There was no new lore in the build up to WOTLK; nor was there any updates on this once it came out, nor the inclusion of any Draeni in any of the major battles or cinematic shown. The same has been repeated for Cataclysm.

markot

Banned
Well Gnomes were abandoned the day after someone thought they would make a good Alliance race >_<

Even stinky goblins get towns all over the place and even in expansion areas, Nothing for Gnomes! hmph.

Top Bottom