• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

theinfinityissue said:
Here's my question for any users of Mik's scrolling battle text: Is it broke for you as well? It looks like about six months since it's been updated, and I can not get it to report my melee/skills outgoing damage or my incoming damage, no matter how I change the fields, etc. Did anyone manage a fix, or alternatively, does anyone know of a frequently updated competing addon? Being dps, all I really need for is its ability to show skill icons next to the outgoing damage, larger text for crits, different colors for different types of damage etc.

I'm not sure about a fix but 4.1 changed a bunch of combat log stuff and any mods that use it have to be updated.

Warrior T12 shown on MMO-Champ looks pretty good. I still think paladin is the best-looking from what they've shown so far though.

4.2 is shaping up to be pretty exciting. If it hits mid-summer that would be pretty convenient for me as I would have some time to play it then and throughout a little bit of the school year before getting bogged down with work.

PatzCU

The warrior set looks great! I love that helm with the very sharp angles and straight edges. Almost looks like something out of a Batman comic.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
Get the Shadow 2 piece and the Holy 2 piece, and spec into Veiled Shadows and then the bonus is a lot of free mana.

Genious

I'm jealous of the warrior belt, that thing looks sick

Alcaz Island is listed as a dungeon zone on wowhead for 4.2 (and was apparently referred to as so by a blue post on the EU forums, via the MMO-Champ forums.)

EDIT:

Also - Battle.net community sites for SC2 and WoW are down right now. It will allow you to manage your account, but forums and stuff aren't accessible supposedly due to a high volume of traffic. What's up with that? I have no idea why they would be inundated with traffic today of all days - there isn't anything special going on right now as far as I know, unless they're just getting hammered with people downloading the 4.2 PTR.

SquirrelNuckle said:
On heroic Chimaeron our mage was bursting for 68k dps.

Yeah, I tried arcane for a raid the other day. I was hitting 70k burst at the start of the fight but otherwise doing disappointing DPS relative to the raid.

Mana is ridiculous as arcane, I was staying at around 100% the entire fight. It means I need about 1.5x more haste I think. But then the top end raiding mages seem to reforge everything into mastery for arcane specs. I'm not sure what to do, other than stay fire.

PatzCU

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Alcaz Island is listed as a dungeon zone on wowhead for 4.2 (and was apparently referred to as so by a blue post on the EU forums, via the MMO-Champ forums.)

Are we getting a new 5-man in 4.2? I hope so, I'm really loving the difficulty and boss fights in the new Zandalar 5mans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PatzCU said:
Are we getting a new 5-man in 4.2? I hope so, I'm really loving the difficulty and boss fights in the new Zandalar 5mans.
I think we can safely say they've postponed or abandoned Abyssal Maw for 4.2.

Manus

Learning Affliction right now since it's the best PVE spec right now for Warlocks and boy is it different after playing destro for so long.

vilmer_

SquirrelNuckle said:
Learning Affliction right now since it's the best PVE spec right now for Warlocks and boy is it different after playing destro for so long.

Moar dots! I really need to level my Lock to 85, I've been lazy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was thinking about getting back into the game due to no classes this semester and not a lot of interest in the current lineup of games. Last time I played was early Cataclysm so is there anything major I should be aware of?

ch0mp

vilmer_ said:
Moar dots! I really need to level my Lock to 85, I've been lazy.
Actually destro uses the same amount of dots as aff :) I'd say affliction is easier to play though.

Leveled my first char to level 85, a Ret pally. Collected some tanking gear and changed into Prot. Boy, do I have to get used to tanking, so much responsibility :p Queues are extremely fast though, will just do some normals and buy some JP items and try to get exalted with all the Cata factions (and with The Netherwing, I want that Netherwing Drake) before going into Heroics.

Acidote

The last two days of WoW have been amazing for me. Two days ago I won the amani bear, andafter a few months our guild got a consistent roster (we've been lacking healers or diversity of dps) and with just three trys of this roster we killed nefarian 25N (I know, sad), and yesterday we killed Halfus 25HM with just two trys.

I hope we're on rails again. I want to make a few more hms before 4.2 hits even though we may not kill Sinestra in time.

Shaman (elemental)
2-Piece - Your offensive spells have a chance to reset the remaining cooldown on your Fire Elemental Totem.
4-Piece - Your Lava Surge talent also makes Lava Burst instant when it triggers.

Yay, fire elemental on every try instead of once every 2 or 3 trys!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SquirrelNuckle said:
I haven't found it to be particularly better than Destro, and it's a lot less versatile than Destro.

Finished the Long, Strange Trip achievement. Whew. School of Hard Knocks didn't take me more than a couple of games per BG - the others involved for Children's Week are easy though.

I'm probably done until 4.2 at the very least though. Even then, I'm not sure how eager I'll be to jump through the hoops of finding a new fairly competitive guild, especially if I have to transfer to do so. I'd be more inclined to make a move if my economic stability wasn't so dependent on my intra-character profession cartel on the current server.

Alex

On heroic, after Halfus go to Magmaw, do not listen to anyone who tells you to do Chimeraon after Halfus. That is a stressful, mega unforgiving fight.

Just got an email from Blizz for a free 7 days. Should I do it? I haven't played since the end of December. Lock's any good right now?

Harry Potter said:
Just got an email from Blizz for a free 7 days. Should I do it? I haven't played since the end of December. Lock's any good right now?

Locks are always good! And the last time I came back for my 7 day trial I got dragged back into raiding :(

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Harry Potter said:

Careful, I got an email saying that too a few days ago but it linked to a site called shoppingonsale. I didn't click on it though.

Manus

30mpt37.png

Finally got it tonight with the guild.

^^ Congrats!

I was still trying to finish the Ulduar achieves before Cata released, but never got a group solid enough to finish it up. I'd still like to go back and finish that sometime as well as the ICC achieves as they should be pretty easy with a competent group now.

Hell, it might even be worth a shot taking 15-20 people and going for the 25-man version of Ulduar as well. ICC would be a bit more difficult there.

I did ICC10 Heroic yesterday for the achievements, it was quite easy even with 2-3 people never having done the instance. We did wipe thrice in the LK though. Great fight even at 85. So yeah you should be able to do it with a decent group.

moojito

Currently levelling an arcane mage, and it's ridiculous. Spamming one button on instance bosses (arcane blast, surprise) and I'm pulling 3k, while most of the time noone else in the pug is getting over 1.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/30mpt37.png

Finally got it tonight with the guild.
Why in the world would you use a mount from old content you got late? Just because you like it and it looks cool, you should be above aesthetics in WOW. People will look up your achievements and conclude they are better at wow than you, ignoring the concept of alts and skipping a tier. It's all about the current e-peen mount. East Wind. Get on it.

/Sarcastic rant based on someone's actual opinion in WOW OT2.

Grats!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Alex said:
On heroic, after Halfus go to Magmaw, do not listen to anyone who tells you to do Chimeraon after Halfus. That is a stressful, mega unforgiving fight.

Chimaeron is torture for healers. We did do it second and now we're working on Maloriak. We had a handful of 9-12% wipes the other night. We should get him on Sunday. I think we're going to Magmaw afterwards.

Manus

DeathNote said:
Why in the world would you use a mount from old content you got late? Just because you like it and it looks cool, you should be above aesthetics in WOW. People will look up your achievements and conclude they are better at wow than you, ignoring the concept of alts and skipping a tier. It's all about the current e-peen mount. East Wind. Get on it.

Grats!

I'm trying to get my mount achievement plus it looks better than most drakes from Cata.

We've haven't had any problems on heroic chime yet found it to be pretty easy along with Atramedes. They both have pretty simple fight mechanics.

Fugu

moojito said:
Currently levelling an arcane mage, and it's ridiculous. Spamming one button on instance bosses (arcane blast, surprise) and I'm pulling 3k, while most of the time noone else in the pug is getting over 1.
This is why I stopped playing my mage. It's dull town.

Dresden

That ele 4pc bonus is something that pvp ele shamans desperately need... along with an actual defensive cooldown.

Lol, ele shammies aren't getting buffed.

Manus

davepoobond said:
i wonder if they're gonna do another 2 dungeons for 4.3 and then the next raid will be 4.4

I would hope so, but I just hope they are not redone dungeons of older content. Give me some newer ones.

Yazus

4.2 Restoration Druid

- Restoration 2 Pieces - Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.

What? Epic. I can't really see this going live or not getting nerfed to 20% at least.

- Restoration 4 Pieces - When your Lifebloom blooms, it instantly heals up to 2 nearby injured targets for the same amount.

Useless. Beyond useless. 1st, you should NEVER let Lifebloom expire on your tank during raid fights. Why? First, 3LB stacks means that if you have 4pc T11 you'll get 540 Spirit, if you have 2pc T12 you'll have 1% mana regen each 2 or 3 thicks. Second, by the time you re apply 3 stacks of LB you'll loose time and mana.
This could work only in 5mans but again it would basically ammount to maybe 2 or 3% of your total healing. In a raid environment where tanks are away from DPS you would be healing 2 targets (few fights require 3 tanks and if they do they are never in the same place anyways) and would result in a HPS loss (reapplying 3LBS => loss of time and not mana efficent). Not to take in account Blizz nerfed Lifebloom bloom by like 40% so its letteraly useless.

A good suggestion would be like
"Your Rejuvenation periodic healing has a 50% chance to refresh your Lifebloom duration on your target"

Hixx

Resubbed on wednesday and just got 7 free days in an email to add on to that. Can't say fairer than that!

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:

Grats!
You mean cuevas.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yazus said:
4.2 Restoration Druid

- Restoration 2 Pieces - Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.

What? Epic. I can't really see this going live or not getting nerfed to 20% at least

Pretty much all healer's 2 piece is like that. For Resto Shaman, we have a 40% chance to restore 1% of our base mana each time Riptide ticks.

Swag

Is anyone else in a guild where the members just log in to raid then log out after, It's rare to see more then 15 people on in my "Hardcore" guild that I do most of my progression in, then see 40-50 in my other guild that I hang with and sometimes raid on, they do progression raiding but just not as "Hardcore".

It annoys the fuck out of me, trying to get people in guild to do stuff like a heroic and getting crickets, feels like I'm raiding with robots because I know jack shit about people in guild.

TheYanger

It's just that time of the year, I have always found it comes and goes like a tide, depending on what kind of guild you're in, who is in it, etc. Most guilds when raiding is 'tough' and takes a lot of effort, people tend to want to do other things outside of raiding hours. Farm time is when people tend to be on MORE outside of raiding. Aside from that, summer usually has more away time for folks as well, and winter more. Probably frustrating as a new member, but you can't force people to stick around and do stuff with you either.

Top Bottom