• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
markot said:
Well Gnomes were abandoned the day after someone thought they would make a good Alliance race >_<

Even stinky goblins get towns all over the place and even in expansion areas, Nothing for Gnomes! hmph.

But gnomes got an all new starting area that is quite fun.

And you got to run over 1000 gnomes as a "Mini-Sun" in Uldum. That's not quite abandoned!

But Worgens are nowhere to be seen after Gilneas and there is only a few of them in Darnassus, Duskwood and Blasted Lands. That's about it. I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't a single Worgen town or camp in high lvl zones.

Acidote

Draenei came out of nowhere and I don't think we'll see anything else on them until a new Burning Legion related expansion is released.

Also, yes, Draenei (especially males) are horrible. They always were. They were the only alliance shaman available too and so, my character is a draenei, as I'm not paying a for a race change.

Bisnic said:
But gnomes got an all new starting area that is quite fun.

And you got to run over 1000 gnomes as a "Mini-Sun" in Uldum. That's not quite abandoned!

But Worgens are nowhere to be seen after Gilneas and there is only a few of them in Darnassus, Duskwood and Blasted Lands. That's about it. I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't a single Worgen town or camp in high lvl zones.

There is that whole "in the past" section in Grizzly Hills. Dunno if you want to count that though.

Bisnic

It's true that male draeneis are quite an abomination. I don't understand why anyone would roll one other than when they were the only shaman race. Even then, they should have went with female. <3 female draeneis. Unless they're one of those stupid "dudebros" who thinks playing a female character is "gay".

And no, worgens in Grizzly Hills dont count haha. The funniest thing is doing that quest where we save the prisoner and he yell "ANSWER ME! WERE YOU BLOODY BITTEN?" while you are playing a worgen. I think i saw a comic about that not so long ago.

TheYanger

Male draenei in plate are fine, shamans and any other type of armor are absolutely atrocious. WAY too top heavy. All of the 'huge shoulder and chest' races are only really acceptable in plate armor :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
markot said:
You could just delete the lvl 1 and try again >.>
That's the whole point. Deleting them multiple time is a big inconvenience when you don't know the the 5-10 skins colors look like in game.

Creating something then having to completely delete it and start over is not good design.

It's like a type writer compared to a word processor.

DeathNote said:
That's the whole point. Deleting them multiple time is a big inconvenience when you don't know the the 5-10 skins colors look like in game.

Creating something then having to completely delete it and start over is not good design.

It's like a type writer compared to a word processor.

I'm sure there's zones that the skin actually looks like when it is first presented.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, apparently there's a 4.2 client that Wowhead is datamining now. Guessing we'll get the PTR this week, probably on Friday.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I hardly ever sell stuff in the AH, but I am my Guild's Loot Master and have been selling BOE epics for guild repair money.

Does the money it costs you to put something IN the auction house get refunded when the item sells? Or is that just part of the expense.

Some of these items have a lot of gold deposit when selling for 15k+....adds up after a while if it is not refunded in any way.

I should start paying attention

ragnaros2_42.jpg

Mr Pockets said:
I hardly ever sell stuff in the AH, but I am my Guild's Loot Master and have been selling BOE epics for guild repair money.

Does the money it costs you to put something IN the auction house get refunded when the item sells? Or is that just part of the expense.

Some of these items have a lot of gold deposit when selling for 15k+....adds up after a while if it is not refunded in any way.

I should start paying attention

The amount taken off the top depends on your reputation with the city you list the item in on the AH. Get exalted with a city and use that AH exclusively to minimize the damage. Or if you're horde, sell only with a Goblin.

Can't really do anything about the upfront money.

New Ragnaros is fairly awesome.

Also listed on the datamine was a new Sulfuras which has some great stats. I did just notice it was 391 iLevel though, which is ahead of the other weapons listed, so maybe it only drops off heroic Ragnaros? That or Ragnaros himself drops higher iLevel loot that the other bosses in the instance, even in normal.

Tamanon

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:

Also listed on the datamine was a new Sulfuras which has some great stats. I did just notice it was 391 iLevel though, which is ahead of the other weapons listed, so maybe it only drops off heroic Ragnaros? That or Ragnaros himself drops higher iLevel loot that the other bosses in the instance, even in normal.

I wonder if they'll make it like with ICC. Where the Lich King dropped higher level loot.

Rokam

CarbonatedFalcon said:

I'm pretty sure they confirmed it would drop in both. But it looks much like the ICC style where Heroic gets flavor text.

What's weird though is that a few trinkets were listed as 365 iLevel and most (all?) one-handed weapons were listed at 363, compared to 378 for the rest of the items.

Tamanon

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
What's weird though is that a few trinkets were listed as 365 iLevel and most (all?) one-handed weapons were listed at 363, compared to 378 for the rest of the items.

Could be items from the new daily currencies.

Bisnic

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Yeah, they're all pretty badass, but I gotta say I like the effect on the wolves more.

/hordebias

But alliance mounts have troll, forsaken and goblin heads on them!

/alliancebias

Bisnic said:
But alliance mounts have troll, forsaken and goblin heads on them!

/alliancebias

I actually missed that little detail. Interesting to note when the horde versions have more generic skulls (pertaining to humans/dwarves, etc. I suppose.)

Bisnic

The only thing i hate is that apparently those PVP mounts are from rated battleground achievements. :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/05/patch-4-2-ptr-tier-12-set-bonuses/

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/05/patch-4-2-ptr-tier-12-set-bonuses/ said:
Death knight DPS:
2-Piece - Your Horn of Winter ability also grants you 3 runic power every 5 sec for 2 min.
4-Piece - Your critical strikes with melee abilities deal 15% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.

Death knight tanking:
2-Piece - Your melee attacks cause Burning Blood on your target, which deals 800 Fire damage every 2 for 6 sec and causes your abilities to behave as if you had 2 diseases present on the target.
4-Piece - Your Dancing Rune Weapon grants 15% additional parry chance.

Druid (balance)
2-Piece - You have a chance to summon a Burning Treant to assist you in battle for 15 sec when you cast Wrath or Starfire.
4-Piece - While not in an Eclipse state, your Wrath generates 3 additional Lunar Energy and your Starfire generates 5 additional Solar Energy.

Druid (feral)
2-Piece - Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.
4-Piece - Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 + (20 * ComboPoints) sec and your Barkskin ability grants an additional 10% chance to dodge for 12 sec.

Druid (restoration)
2-Piece - Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
4-Piece - When your Lifebloom blooms, it instantly heals up to 2 nearby injured targets for the same amount.

Hunter
2-Piece - Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a 10% chance to trigger a Flaming Arrow, dealing 0% instant weapon damage as Fire.
4-Piece - You have a 10% chance from your autoshots to make your next shot cost no focus.

Mage
2-Piece - You have a chance to summon a Mirror Image to assist you in battle for 15 sec when you cast Frostbolt, Fireball, or Arcane Blast.
4-Piece - Your spells have an increased chance to trigger Brain Freeze, Hot Streak, or Arcane Missiles. In addition, Arcane Missiles is now castable while moving.

Paladin (holy)
2-Piece - Casting Flash of Light, Holy Light, or Divine Light on your Beacon of Light target has a 40% chance to grant you 2% of your base mana.
4-Piece - Your Divine Light also heals a nearby injured target for 20% of the amount healed.

Paladin (protection)
2-Piece - Your Shield of the Righteous deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage.
4-Piece - Your parry chance is increased by 12% while Divine Protection is active.

Paladin (retribution)
2-Piece - Your Crusader Strike deals 15% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.
4-Piece - Increases the duration of your Zealotry ability by 15 sec.

Priest (holy)
2-Piece - Your Flash Heal, Heal, and Greater Heal spells cause you to regenerate 2% of your base mana every 5 sec for 15 sec.
4-Piece - You have a chance when you cast a helpful spell to summon a Cauterizing Flame. Friendly raid and party members can use the Cauterizing Flame to be instantly healed for 4625 to 5375. Lasts for 45 sec sec or 10 charges. After using the Cauterizing Flame, players cannot benefit from it again for 10 sec.

Priest (shadow)
2-Piece - Your Shadowfiend deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage and its cooldown is reduced by 75 sec.
4-Piece - While you have Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch active on the same target you gain Dark Flames, which reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast by 3 sec.

Rogue
2-Piece - Your melee critical strikes deal 6% additional damage as Fire over 4 sec.
4-Piece - Your Tricks of the Trade ability also causes you to gain a 25% increase to one of your combat ratings at random for 30 sec.

Shaman (elemental)
2-Piece - Your offensive spells have a chance to reset the remaining cooldown on your Fire Elemental Totem.
4-Piece - Your Lava Surge talent also makes Lava Burst instant when it triggers.

Shaman (enhancement)
2-Piece - Your Lava Lash gains an additional 5% damage increase per application of Searing Flames on the target.
4-Piece - Your Stormstrike ability also increases Fire damage you deal to that target by 6%.

Shaman (restoration)
2-Piece - Your periodic healing from Riptide has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
4-Piece - Your Chain Heal spell will jump to one additional target.

Warlock
2-Piece - Your periodic damage has a chance to summon a Fiery Imp to assist you in battle for 15 sec.
4-Piece - Your Shadow Bolt and Incinerate spells have a 5% chance to increase all Shadow and Fire damage you deal by 20% for 8 sec.

Warrior (DPS)
2-Piece - Your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout abilities also grant you 3 rage every 5 sec for (unknown).
4-Piece - Your Mortal Strike and Raging Blow abilities have a 30% chance to trigger a Fiery Attack, dealing 100% instant weapon damage as Fire.

Warrior (tank)
2-Piece - Your Shield Slam deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.
4-Piece - Your parry chance is increased by 6% while Shield Block is active.

Some pretty cool set bonuses. Love the Ele 4pc. The Resto 4pc could use some work.

I see they're sticking heavily to the fire theme. I wonder how that will work out if Firelands mobs have resistance (or did I read something about them not?)

The DK tank 2-piece is interesting to me. I'm not sure how useful constant uptime disease effect for attacks will be when it should be something happening anyway unless you can definitely rely on another tank to maintain debuffs. If you can guarantee that, then it frees up a few runes per minute and perhaps some talent points.

I think Elemental bonuses are definitely top tier after reading these though. Both seem SO good that it seems likely one or both will be nerfed.

The mage 2-piece seems pretty fun, even if the numbers don't turn out to be that great on it.

Alex said:
Haha Priest procs a lightwell, funny.

What's great is that it's a fire in a raid tier that will be dominated by bosses/trash that undoubtedly will spawn fire on the ground. The priests will all be yelling: "Go stand next to the fire and click on it, it's safe I swear!"

Entropia

No One Remembers
CarbonatedFalcon said:
I see they're sticking heavily to the fire theme. I wonder how that will work out if Firelands mobs have resistance (or did I read something about them not?)

Yeah, they said that there won't be any resistant gear required, nor will the bosses have any fire resistance.

Entropia said:
Yeah, they said that there won't be any resistant gear required, nor will the bosses have any fire resistance.

Yeah thanks for the reminder. Still, although I wasn't there to endure what must have been a brutal gear grind (especially with 40 people) for resist gear in Vanilla (MC and AQ most notably), I still kind of like the concept.

The most I ever experienced it really was the frost resist gear needed for Hodir (when it was progression content) and you'd swap out 2-4 pieces. I know how resistance can easily been seen as an "annoying" mechanic and much of the time I think it is used to create barriers that don't necessarily have to exist. However, I think it adds a little variety to the game, and it definitely gets the gear-tinkerer in me going by having to balance an extra stat into what you wear.

The overall streamlining of the game over time has resulted in the shelving/removal of some mechanics like resistances in PvE that may be tiresome when the playerbase is subjected to a long exposure, but are things that I think add value and variance to the experience in small bursts.

markot

Banned
Can a priest explain to me the purpose of mind spike >.<?

I do not undestand giving priests dots then giving them a spell that removes them all....

I pretty much just heal with my priest and go shadow for solo/questing, but how does it fit in a 'rotation' >.>?

Ferrio

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Yeah thanks for the reminder. Still, although I wasn't there to endure what must have been a brutal gear grind (especially with 40 people) for resist gear in Vanilla (MC and AQ most notably), I still kind of like the concept.

It sucked, it was horrible. and back then there wasn't really much crafted gear with resistances, so you had to hunt throughout the game for specific pieces.

It was one of the worst designs in the game, glad it's gone and never returns.

Stuff like Ony cloaks, fire resistance gear and such was just another gear check. It was bad enough you had to get one whole set.. to top it off with more shit was brutal, not fun in the slightest nor any indicator of skill... just time.

Swag

vilmer_ said:
Arcane Missiles while moving... Maybe Arcane will be viable again!!1
You joking, mages in my raid doing 25k DPS with arc now :(

I hate that priest 4 piece, knowing it will probably never get used. Looking over logs and seeing how many clicks my lightwell gets is depressing.

Sebulon3k said:
I hate that priest 4 piece, knowing it will probably never get used. Looking over logs and seeing how many clicks my lightwell gets is depressing.

The answer is that you need to play with better people.

LOL. Seriously though, no matter how good lightwell gets, having to actually click on it mid-combat is the deal-breaker. It's like one step too far for most players to handle in addition to doing their rotation and having to worry about moving around. The range is better on it now, but it's still quite low in addition to being fairly easily obscured by the big bad boss a lot of the time.

markot

Banned
They should just make light well more like the mage flame ball thingy that moves forwards and heals automatically.

Ferrio

Banned
markot said:
They should just make light well more like the mage flame ball thingy that moves forwards and heals automatically.

People suggested to change it like the lightwell in TOC, blizz said hell no.

Manus

Sebulon3k said:

On heroic Chimaeron our mage was bursting for 68k dps.

Dunlop

Priest (holy)
2-Piece - Your Flash Heal, Heal, and Greater Heal spells cause you to regenerate 2% of your base mana every 5 sec for 15 sec.
4-Piece - You have a chance when you cast a helpful spell to summon a Cauterizing Flame. Friendly raid and party members can use the Cauterizing Flame to be instantly healed for 4625 to 5375. Lasts for 45 sec sec or 10 charges. After using the Cauterizing Flame, players cannot benefit from it again for 10 sec.

Being able to shit a lightwell aside, more mana regen options for Holy would bring me back to playing the spec. I'm pretty well geared and the discrepency of my man lost vs playing disc is huge

On the gear topic, I just got my tier shoulders unexpectantly (the dude with higher dkp wanted to save for the mace)...they are fucking horrid..I mean I saw the pic but actually wearing them they look so much worse, how could it possibly have passed QA?

Gvaz

Banned
Crusader strike deals extra damage as fire towards creatures made of fire that probably have a resistance to such. Thanks blizz.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sebulon3k said:

Get the Shadow 2 piece and the Holy 2 piece, and spec into Veiled Shadows and then the bonus is a lot of free mana.

I re subbed. I know, I hate myself, normal boring oh here we go again post, etc. Hey, at least Firelands is coming. Uh.. soon?

Here's my question for any users of Mik's scrolling battle text: Is it broke for you as well? It looks like about six months since it's been updated, and I can not get it to report my melee/skills outgoing damage or my incoming damage, no matter how I change the fields, etc. Did anyone manage a fix, or alternatively, does anyone know of a frequently updated competing addon? Being dps, all I really need for is its ability to show skill icons next to the outgoing damage, larger text for crits, different colors for different types of damage etc.

Top Bottom